Do you think weed is addictive?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Frostmourne, May 20, 2007.

1. Frostmourne

Frostmourne Member

I do : \

I haven't smoked in three days and I can't stop wanting some more.

Man I should never try heroine.

2. pianoperson60

pianoperson60 Senior Member

Theres time where I dont have it and wish I had it, but its kinda the same thing as anything else in life...you can really have a craving for chocolate and not have it and really want it....or you can miss someone and really want to see them again...weed is only as addictive as people and chocoalte, in my opinion.

Its all about learning to take control over your own mind: you have the power to, you just gotta find it!

3. mikman3001

mikman3001 Member

If i have some, I'm usually like "oh I don't really need it. I could go either way." But when I'm out of it, I crave it.

4. short-man420

short-man420 Member

i don't think it's addictive

i can smoke it everyday for a month and then go for two months without any and i don't crave it

5. AncientHippie

AncientHippie Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

The psycholigical dependence can be very strong.
    I tell you that from personal experience.

6. swazo

swazo i am amazing.

mentally, yeah.

I've smoked everyday for the last 3 months and stopped for about 5 days because im on vacation.

No withdrawls, no nothing.

not a big deal for me.

7. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

personally, i think it's being addicted to the feeling of being high, more then actually physically being addicted to it, ie. crack meth etc.

8. gratefulvegan

gratefulvegan Member

Yeah i agree with digitall. It's almost similar to masturbation (or sex...if you actually have a life)- are you addicted to it? hell no- you just enjoy the feeling, so you do it whenever.

9. MamaTheLama

MamaTheLama Too much coffee

I knew a man once that was addicted to pot like it was crack. Oddest thing I'd ever seen. He refused to leave town because he had a free source here, the sad thing was he couldn't find a job or house here so he was living on the streets just stoned all the time. He had a home and a job waiting for him in his hometown, but I guess the herb didn't have such a nice price there.
    Personally, I thought he had a mental disorder.

10. skullkidnate

skullkidnate ナサニエル

Was there not just a poll/thread on this????

11. AncientHippie

AncientHippie Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yep, sure was.
    Your memory is pretty good.
    You aren't smoking enough pot.
    Smoke more pot.

12. WhisperingWoods

WhisperingWoods too far gone

It's a personality thing.

I can "quit" whenever I want. Tested and proven.

I don't think you or anyone else can make claims such as "marijuana is addictive" just from your personal experience. When you say shit like that, it applies to everyone. Clearly, we all have different experiences with it. Addictivity is not a fuckin.. hit or miss thing. It's either yes or no. Anything can be mentally addictive; then should we start labeling BBQ ribs as addictive? Hell no. Fat people claim they're addicted to food, but fuck that. Personal problem.

13. WhisperingWoods

WhisperingWoods too far gone

:lol:

14. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

gets pretty annoying doesn't it

15. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

i concur with this statement. cannabis can be as as psychologically addicting as TV, computer, cell phone, coffee, chocolate, video games, dr. pepper, or whatever else makes you feel good.

16. Frostmourne

Frostmourne Member

I didn't say it WAS addictive. I said I thought it might be because I crave it a lot.

17. slinkie

slinkie Member

I think there are a lot of things that are addicting...why would marijuana be any different?

Food can be addicting.
    Sex.
    Chocolate.
    Tobacco.
    Anything adrenaline rush related...racing, sky diving, etc.

18. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

I'm addicted to weed:spliff:

Personally, I find Hip Forums to be much more addictive than marijuana though.

19. mortes

mortes Senior Member

its not addictive at all to me.

20. kar33m

kar33m Member

it depends on your personality. If you have an addictive personality you can very easily get addicted to pot.

I still think that it has a high potential of psychological addiction,tough. Higher then cofee, choclate , Dr.Pepper or even alcohol. And anyway you have to admit that smoking pot daily has much worse side effects then eating a bar of choclate, drinking a pepsi or even a beer aday and imo this is what's keeping mj illegal. It's the high potential of psychological addiction.

I've seen many friends of mine go from first time smokers to daily smokers in a very short period of time. I myself went down that same path I became a daily smoker and even started smoking alone in the range of a few months since I first tried it.
    What I mean is that someone who smokes pot occasionally has much more chances of becoming a daily smoker, then someone who drinks occasionally of becoming an alcoholic.

it all goes back to the point that abusing pot is(very) bad for you.

once you start smoking occasionally you are very likely to become a daily user and since smoking daily is abusing pot and will have negative side effects on you the government keeps it illegal.