Do you think the Bible is alive and exerts power?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by thefutureawaits, Nov 21, 2017.

1. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Simple question. The Bible was changed many people's lives. ALot of people seem to think they know a lot about the Bible, but in the same turn know nothing WHEN questioned or only have an opinion of what they think they know. Is it because of the hypocrisy of the church? Which blinds people's eyes to what the Bible says? Or has apathy taken over? People believe what other people tell them to believe, i believe. Or is it because the Bible doesn't agree with what they think is right?
    Now translated in almost 3,000 languages. Available to virtually anybody that wants to have one.

2. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

It is well to keep improving one's reading skills . God may help us with that .

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Are there even 3000 languages? Seems unrealistic considering there aren't even 3000 countries...

4. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I've gone back and forth to Christianity, and now, consider myself spiritual, and feel there is merit in a lot of different religions. I'm re-reading the Bible now from an objective view, and find that it's very insightful. I think it helps to get a version where there is scholarly commentary throughout, because the Bible can be somewhat cryptic, and it's helpful to have some passages explained. Even if you disagree and don't read the Bible for conversion, it helps to have it explained in lay terms. I have a version that goes into the history of the time period, which has been cool to research.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

See when you start talking about different "versions" of the bible I believe that just takes merit away from the bible itself. So if you live differently you can just what, get a version that suits you? That's bullshit. The bible is the bible. There should only be one version, you'll burn in hell reading different versions, lies.

Gods words and world holds ground and ist real different versions is like the deluge, floods of poison water and a language spoken with spit from different tongues.

6. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

''Version'' meaning the language may be in modern/lay terms, as opposed to other translations. It doesn't mean that the meaning or context within the passages changes, it just might be easier to read from a lay perspective. There are different translations, as new languages have changed and been added over time.

Now there are different interpretations of the Bible. Who are you to tell someone that his/her interpretation might be wrong?

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm Irminsul.

Aerianne likes this.
  8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Any message you can find in the bible you can find in Star wars now, there have been enough movies

9. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

It's dwindling greatly in it's power.

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

My toenail is more alive.

11. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

The Bible teaches spiritual intelligence , the Living Water . Read toenail clippings to know you are loved .

12. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Your rebuke is not really that amusing

13. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Ethnologue? Sounds made up. :p

15. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Maybe you should look it up. You find out it’s true. The truth is remove from you

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Hfjwoaog

That was thank you in the ancient oonga boonga language that only a handful of us now speak. ;)

17. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

You have nothing to add

18. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Hahahahahahahahhahahafuckinghahahaha

19. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

You make me want to create my own language

20. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

My favorite language is the language of truth