Do you think people are born gay?

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by TheSamantha, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

LOL

annnnnnnnnnnnnnd we're done here.

2. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

How?

3. Maccabee

Except homosexuals expedited the spread of HIV/AIDS. Plus I thought the core argument for legalizing homosexuality was as long as it's by consent. If a mom wants to marry her grown son or grown brother wants to marry his sister, why should we bar them if its by consent?

4. Noserider

She already answered that in the second sentence of the very post you're quoting.

2 people like this.
  5. Maccabee

6. Maccabee

That's moving the goalpost. The core argument for allowing gay martiage is consent. Why can't that apply to incest?

7. Noserider

I'm confused.

Are you saying that if something applies to one group, it should apply to another?

1 person likes this.
  8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Do you want to marry your sister?

1 person likes this.
  9. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

That's not really the core argument. The core argument is that gay consenting adults who fall in love and want to be legally married, should have that same legal right you have to do so. The incest argument that you're bringing into it, is a strawman.

The irony of this topic is that Christian evangelicals have the highest divorce rate yet feel they have a right to be offended by gay people getting married. lol

1 person likes this.
  10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Maccabee, why not just say whats really grinding your gears?

You think i at least dont know? ;)

In australia we are going through this right this very minute, a postal vote on same sex marriage, that isnt even a vote, parliament still votes afterwards regardless of the outcome.

The No campaign is full of these crazy frickin points that just confuse most the nation.

Its a laugh, just say it ;)

11. Maccabee

Yeah.

12. Maccabee

No. I'm making a point in logic.

13. Maccabee

How is it a strawman? What's wrong with two consenting adults who fall in love and want to be legally married if they so happen to be brother and sister? In fact, why does it have to be two? Why not three or four? As long as they're consenting adults, by your logic, shouldn't we allow them also?

I'm also against divorce. Start a thread discussing it and I'll give my opinion on it.

14. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I love how the go to argument for anti-gay people is "but then people will marry their sister or a duck."No one is suggesting that and it's interesting that where your head goes. The stigma of being gay is a Christian one. In all the human history before that being gay was fine it was accepted as how some people are. Perhaps accepted is not the right term some people disliked it but there was not this debate that society would collapse . If you wanted a prostitute of the same sex of a non-paid partner you just did it.

Your "logic" is forcing your personal choices on other people and an inability to see facts.

2 people like this.
  15. Maccabee

I've said it when I first came here. I'm a devout Christian Jew who likes to debate. This among other topics like gun control are currently the only active threads at this time. I dable in threads relating to President Trump, but my posts get drowned out by 10 pages of other people's post.

16. Maccabee

I never said it would. I'm just making a point in logic. If gay marriage is ok, why isn't incest or polygamy?

Back then, being gay mostly meant having sex with underaged boys. So saying that it was always been accepted isn't a good argument to go by historically.

Ironic since no one has produced scientific evidence that being gay is something you're born with.

17. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

The irony of your ''argument'' is that in the Bible, they pretty much did all of that, in the OT. :)

But, consenting adults who are related as I stated above, if they have children together, would taint the gene pool and thus cause problems for society, in a broader sense. I just think from a biological, natural perspective, most people who are related are repulsed by the idea of having sex with each other. I'd have to think abuse of some kind went on, to be honest, if a mom wants to sleep with her son, or a dad with his daughter, etc...

Just my views, fwiw.

1 person likes this.
  18. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

But, even if it turns out that there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever to prove that gay people are born that way, what does that really matter? If someone chooses to sleep with someone of the same sex, but wasn't born that way, it's still their decision. I think this is why anti-gay people spend a lot of time on this argument though, because they think that their God wouldn't create homosexuality, so they must prove that it's not a biological thing, and rather a choice. As if a choice gives them the right to judge it or something.

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Because no one cares except you. It just doesnt make a difference. From a biological standpoint the nature/nurture debate is always an interesting one, but I don't exactly get the sense you're pursuing the topic out of a detached intellectual curiosity

1 person likes this.
  20. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

If you look at the animal kingdom there are LOTS and LOTS of animals that have been observed demonstrating homosexual behavior. There are even pictures!

The list is very long...but don't believe me...look it up yourself. From gorillas to lions and all in between...yeah...look it up for yourself.

That tells me that this is natural...animals couldn't care less what human society thinks. They do what they want.