Do You Think It Should Be A Rule To Go Barefoot In School?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by canadiangurl941, Feb 10, 2017.

1. canadiangurl941

canadiangurl941 Members

So in my high school we have uniforms and recently I've started to really dislike shoes and socks. I went barefoot a lot this past summer and when school started I just couldn't wear socks anymore it felt like my feet were on fire. So I went barefoot in my shoes and a couple months it got cold obviously so I had to wear boots and socks to school and then I would take them off and put my uniform shoes on once I got to school. This past week though when I get to school in the morning I took my boots and socks off and stayed barefoot and went barefoot to all my classes. It felt really good and the floors were very clean and everything. So I was thinking that this should be a rule. Students should be allowed to wear whatever they want on the way to the school but once they get there they should not be allowed to have shoes or socks or sandals on. Honestly being barefoot in class helped me concentrate more I think it would help everyone. What do you think?

Antony14, Justkate and RT19 like this.
  2. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I am not a fan of any strict dress code.. I think this would apply.

3. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Yes....... :)

Cheers Glen.

4. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

It's a verified fact that going barefoot helps to concentrate and be creative. Not for nothing many high class musicians get rid of their shoes when they play their instrument, for example.

But i guess to make a rule of it would be the wrong way. Better everyone would be free to decide.

Take care!

some articles about:

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/school-life/take-your-shoes-off-barefoot-kids-do-better-at-school/news-story/deff23d67eb6a64121696adab2790d60

http://www.greatschools.org/gk/articles/finland-education/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/sep/25/schoolsworldwide.schools

TheGreatShoeScam and bft4evr like this.
  5. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

I agree with Pixy - no rule for bare feet - that's just as bad as a rule for shoes. Let each student do as they wish.

6. Hippie Jeremiah

Hippie Jeremiah Visitor

going barefoot is the natural way, so I think peeps should be able to go barefoot at will as long as there's no danger i.e working at a factory etc.

7. RT19

RT19 Members

I absolutely agree and i think more schools are realising that bare feet more often than not means better concentration from pupils. Just look at schools in South Africa and NZ actually going to school barefoot is very common.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Oh, because taking off your shoes boosts concentration?

Lol.

9. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

Bad idea. Going barefoot should always be a choice. For the foot shy people, this would create an oppressive atmosphere, where they're expected to do something they don't want to do. This would be counter-productive for the original purpose. One should be allowed to explore barefooting at one's own pleasure. Making it mandatory with a formal code would most certainly invite resistance.

1 person likes this.
  10. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

You Can LOL All You Want, But Junior Schools In Japan Discovered This Many Years Ago...... :)

Cheers Glen.

11. goodearth

goodearth Member

I think school should be a barefoot "safe zone."

12. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yep. And all the genius scientists are coming out of NZ as we speak too.

In the form of big woolley sheep. :D

14. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I am going to Google that , nothing much but I got this:
    www.google.com/search?q=fidgeting+helps+adhd

Fidgeting May Benefit Children With A.D.H.D. - The New York Times
    ADHD Fidgeting Builds Focus: Body-Brain Connections
    Page after page comes up on this 'fidgeting' and its helping focus.

We can have a long discussion about the over diagnosis of ADHD and big pharma but if you do the Google search and read the stuff on how "Fidgeting builds focus" ...

I think it is completely scientifically valid after reading the pages on the subject to argue that going barefoot to school should be encouraged instead banned in so many locations.

That might help a lot of kids just being able to feel the floor or fidget around grabbing the legs of the chair with toes ect ....

I really think a great argument could be made for it.

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I scrunch my toes up and wiggle them in my boots. I keep my feet moving at all times when I am sitting by placing them on an angle where my nerve twitches. I then bounce my legs in the front of my foot. I don't sit when talking on the phone, I'm always walking, and I'll chew almost anything I can. I'm always clicking pens non stop when I have one or whacking each end on the table repeatedly.

I'm pretty focused. :)

What're you having for lunch?

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I know I always come across as anti barefoot but that's not the case I just don't get the big deal about it. If you don't want to wear shoes then don't, I dunno how a selective group of individuals managed to make a community out of it.

Like you aren't wearing shoes, or that person over there is. It's not something I even fathom when looking at someone. Like Red says on Shawshank Redemption "how often does one looks at someone's shoes?" I guess foot attire means a lot to some people, but I just don't care if someone wears boots, Nikes, echo, sandals or barefeet, it's just so insignificant in the long run.

So while you defend the shoeless, I'll defend the shoes, because like you've made a choice, so have they, and they don't seem to feel a need to talk about it, which is exactly how I feel too.

I wouldn't send my children to school barefoot. Schools I went to were full of smashed bottles and glass. Some weirdos find it fun to stick razor blades in school equipment to injur someone on Monday.

I wouldn't risk that with my child. Plus, all those other grotty boys spitting on the ground and hocking up those filthy loogies... no thanks. :D

1 person likes this.
  17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

and like I've said numerous times, going barefoot in public is a liability to local business and schools. If you injure yourself while barefoot, the business or school will fear you'll sue them, because that's what people do in 2017. Now you can swear black and blue you wouldn't sue if you were allowed barefoot, but not reputable business is going to take your word for granted. You step on something sharp in a grocery store, you'll sue, and that's exactly what they're afraid of. Liability. Whether it's a misconception or not, that is the fear.

Doesn't that make sense to you? Why /should/ a business, or school or any public place, allow bare feet if they don't want to in fears of injury to a consumer? I don't think a barefoot person has a right to tell a business, who've probably already gone through a case of on the spot injurt to a consumer, to demand barefoot access.

If these schools allow it and the child injured themselves I don't know the policy but I guess it's tough luck to the parents.

If your child managed to step on a needle at school, I have no doubt that by tomorrow morning, they'd be rocking up to school in a pair of nike or reeboks, sandals at the least. No fit parents would slap the child on the back and tell 'em "ah well, get back out there, you'll be right". I wouldn't believe you if you told me so.

Now there's 100 threads on google to support the opposite of what I've just said, and I know that what I have said is in fact wrong and incorrect, but it's the "fear" of injury that regulates a business to say no to barefoot and I honestly believe they have every god damn right to regulate that, if that's what they think is fit for their own business.

18. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

3 Big Posts In 11 Minutes About A Subject You Don't Care About..?????........[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

If I didn't post it, you'd have come at me guns blazing, Glen. All that was directed at you, really. Just to let you know that yeah I might be talking shit, but here's why. :D I had to justify something I said lol. Otherwise it looks like a typical gripe of the Irminsul. :D but it wasn't a gripe. It's just how I think things work, even if I how I think Is all twisted insane.

All I can say is, that's a bloody real persons feelings right there from me. Nothing society manufactured, nothing pretend, no falsifications (I'm surprised that's a word :D ) just a straight up opinion from a real person. :)

#irms life matters. :)

20. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Didn't Understand One Word Of This Rambling Tirade......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.