Do you think it is possible...

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by Kali _in_Oz, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Kali _in_Oz

Kali _in_Oz World Champion Loser

...to be emotionally addicted to a man?

I have never had sex with, or even really kissed this guy and yet I feel like I have been almost addicted to him for the past 5 years.

We are very very close friends, but my need for him is just so irrational!

I don't know how to properly explain my dilemma, hopefully someone out there understands!

2. white ginger

white ginger Senior Member

well i know what that feels like
    only.. :eek: not for 5 years

3. JayJ

JayJ Member

Emotionally addicted to a man...isn't that basically a crush? And we know they're possible! teehee.

Sounds like you need to ask him out! :)

4. xanexehsx

xanexehsx Member

sounds possible i guess, although its never happened to me. You should try to become more than friends

5. Xac

Xac Visitor

doesnt sound like a crush... crushes lead some where or they burn out, they dont last 5 years.

sounds like you "need" him (duh xac!) whats the dilema?
    could it just be you are just so close you couldn't imagine being with out him? you 2 arent a couple so he isnt going to "dump" you! i dont think it is a problem, unless you are worried about when you two part at some point (who knows where life will lead you two?)

6. PureInnocence

PureInnocence Member

Mm, I think you need to explain your "need" a little clearer. Do you need to see his dick? Do you need to know that when he's upset he turns to you? Do you need to feel him inside you? Do you need to keep him around you all the time? The need your expressing is very vague.

7. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

i definitely think it's possible... i can relate.

8. smilez

smilez Member

I can totally relate. I have this same "addiction" with a guy for quite sometime now. We have been the best of friends for 10 years now, but it's only in the past couple years that I've had the emotional addiction to him.

9. You need to seduce him ASAP. I've been in a similar situation, and then he went to college. So go, girl, LIVE OUT MY FANTASY!!!

10. Kali _in_Oz

Kali _in_Oz World Champion Loser

Seducing him is definately NOT an option, he has a girlfriend and I would never do anything to jeopardise their relationship.

As for exactly what the addiction is, I don't know and I guess thats half of the problem. I don't know if its because I need to know that I am the one he turns to above all others when things are bad, or vice versa. Or whether it is more of a physical need. All I know is that when we are together things are just right, and I know that he feels the same way.

I feel like I am the other woman sometimes, but having said that you must know that I would never act on my wants, but just thinking about it makes me feel like I am cheating sometimes, and I hate it because I really like his gf and we have become quite close.

11. That is easy to understand...Its happened to me before. Its always the boys that are good friends that you end up caring abou thte most