do you tan nude in backyard , do neighbors bother you?

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by pollywifee, May 17, 2009.

1. amb5734

amb5734 Members

I think I would have felt a bit rejected if the mother didn't want to come back, lol

2. JackShenanigans

JackShenanigans Newbie

I would not have a problem with neighbors looking, but I’m afraid they’ll call the cops. Women have more freedoms in this regard since it is unlikely anyone would call the police!

Todd56, Casaderio and bill697cu like this.
  3. Casaderio

Casaderio Members

I think your right that people react more positively to naked women than men. If you're a man, age and frequency of gym visits are probably also factors that influence what kind of reactions you'd get.

I only tan in a part of my garden that's hidden from view, otherwise the neighbors are too close for comfort.

When I was in my late teens and living with my parents, I got caught tanning nude by the lady next door. I was lucky then though. When I reached for some sort of cover, she just said it was ok because the way people look without clothes was no secret to her anyway, and that she wasn't bothered by me being naked in my own yard. I regard that as one of the privileges of youth and wouldn't count on anything like that happening presently.

bill697cu and Todd56 like this.
  4. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

A nudist friend of mine once told me there is truly a double standard. A naked woman is considered bold, adventurous or daring while a naked man is almost always seen as a threat.

5. Very true.

6. SantaCruzRob

SantaCruzRob Senior Member

For my neighbors to see me they would have stand on a step ladder, they would have to go out of their way. That being said, if they are upset seeing me naked, why were they looking in the first place.
    On the other hand common sense and common courtesy seems to be a concept many don't practice.
    I would be okay with a few people coming over to enjoy the sun :p

7. Barefoot Land-Surfer

Barefoot Land-Surfer Members

It's always tricky to tan nude in my backyard. Too many neighbors with double story homes and many windows.

While I am restricted to a quite small space to tan and the use of a just-tall-enough screen is a pain, it is still wholly worth it to enjoy the sun bare.

bill697cu likes this.
  8. Iscott55

Iscott55 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I tan nude in my backyard and have never had a problem. Sometimes I wish they would mention something about it when I talk to them but I don’t think anyone has ever seen me.

9. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

I need to build a fence before i can go full nude. I do it in basketball shorts, as i haven't had the guts to do it in anything form-fitting or briefs or bikinis.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
  10. Steveh

Steveh Members

I just told my neighbors i tan naked in the back yard and not to be surprised if they see me. They were OK with that and have seen me before

11. Fernweh

Fernweh Members

With that relaxed attitude, it sounds a bit like she was used to seeing people naked, like she was a nude beach visitor maybe. Did you ever see her tan nude in her own yard?

12. DonJ

DonJ Senior Member

My wife lays out nude in our backyard quite often. We have lived here for many years and know all the neighbors. None of them seem to mind. Several times a few have stepped out in their backyards and have seen her naked. None have ever said anything about it.

13. Nude gals get a pass. Nude guys get arrested.

14. Campingcouple

Campingcouple Members

Wife does quite often

bill697cu likes this.
  15. SoCalnudeguy

SoCalnudeguy Members

Yeah I do it all the time if I can’t go to the nude beach, there’s a small area of my fence where it’s low that the neighbors could see me if they wanted to but I stay away from that area.

16. Bushwack

Bushwack Members

I don't tan anymore, but I like to enjoy my backyard. Neighbor has one onlooking window that I choose to ignore these days. They're good neighbors, they've made a comment to my wife about whether or not I've got my pants on.

17. cplnluv

cplnluv Newbie

My wife and I have a fairly secluded backyard with the exception of my neighbor who’s office looks in from a second story. Him and his partner however are very accepting of body positivity and simply could care less. Mind over matter. They don’t mind, so it doesn’t matter! Tan on!

18. Casaderio

Casaderio Members

No, never saw her tan nude. I don't think she went to nude beaches either. If she did, she would probably have mentioned that when she caught me naked. Many nude bathers (including me) will take the opportunity to mention their beach naturism when in a situation where they (we) will not get negative reactions, and this was definitely such a situation.

Anyway, I was happy to get a free pass for being naked in my parents garden (when I was home alone), which I made good use of for a few years without having to bother about the lady next door seeing me. Sometimes she did and there was nothing more to it than us briefly greeting each other with a wave and a smile, just like when I was clothed. Ah, the privileges of youth. I miss them.

bill697cu likes this.