Do you remember the Smurfs?

Discussion in 'TV' started by squawkers7, Jan 8, 2005.

1. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

Papa Smurf : Papa Smurf is the leader of the Smurfs, and the only Smurf who wears red. Papa Smurf brings the Smurfs to safety in times of danger and crisis. Everyone in Smurf Village turns to Papa Smurf when things go awry. Papa is always busy making magical spells and potions in his laboratory

.Lazy Smurf : Lazy is perhaps the most aply named Smurf in the village. Almost certifiably narcoleptic, Lazy can fall asleep anywhere, anytime, day or night

.Handy Smurf : Handy wears a pencil in his ear and helps fix things in the village. Handy is known for his amazing technological creations, such as the telesmurf (telephone), Weather Smurfing Machine, and Smurfmobile. The rest of the Smurfs have a bit of a Luddite bent and often criticize (and eventually abandon) Handy's inventions

.Brainy Smurf : Brainy seems to be an expert on everything...but he's usually wrong. He publishes a series of missives entitled "Quotations of Brainy Smurf" - universally reviled by all (except himself, of course). Brainy's best friend is Clumsy

.Clumsy Smurf : Clumsy Smurf is a kind soul who is often tripped up by his own two feet. Clumsy loves to collect rocks and is best friends with Brainy. Clumsy's clothing seems to fit rather loosely, adding to his clumsy appearance.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I was a kid, my parents didn't have cable so we only got cartoons on Saturday...in fact 1 of my brothers always called it cartoon day instead of Saturday. One of the cartoons I watched was the smurfs...it's one of my mother's favorites.

After looking in one of those threads where ya have to answer the above question (someone asked who is your fave smurf) I decided to look them up because I couldn't remember all their names.

2. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

There are only 2 female smurfs....can you name them?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Farmer Smurf : Farmer plants the crops for the Smurfs and helps organize the harvest. Farmer Smurf wears a straw hat and overalls.

Dreamy Smurf : Dreamy Smurf is always dreaming of other places and other things. Dreamy is best known for his appearance as Astrosmurf, where he visited the fictitious Swoofs on their home planet.

Harmony Smurf : Harmony is the musician of Smurf Village, but he doesn't have many fans. Although he deserves an "A+" for effort, Harmony's trumpet playing leaves much to be desired, and he's usually asked to stop playing as soon as he gets started

.Painter Smurf : Painter Smurf is a brilliant artist (much like our own Vic George). Painter speaks with a French accent and refers to his paintings as "masterpizzas".

3. Eden

Eden Member

i liked jokey smurf... always giving out presents that when opened exploded in the smurfs faces. he would then laugh maniacally.

4. gelflingwings

gelflingwings Member

The smurfs always creeped me out :&

5. lostndelirious

lostndelirious Member

"Hey, Anna, do you remember how tall smurfs are?"
    "no..."
    "Three apples!... Three apples!"

6. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

communist basterds

7. WonTon

WonTon Member

dude.
    so if the smurfs are actually three apples high, how fukking big is gargamel? and azreal?

8. thehippestchick

thehippestchick Member

9. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

I have distinct memories of watching them at my grandmother's kitchen table, eating french toast with my sister.

10. TheSkaEffect

TheSkaEffect Member

The smurfs are really green, you all need to adjust the color on your televisions!

11. WonTon

WonTon Member

has anyone ever tried a smurf's blood?
    so good. wickedly powerful.
    yum yum
    slurp slurp

12. xhappyxhatterx

xhappyxhatterx Member

SLEEPY SMURF: a smurf who had no aprticular talent other than being able to fall asleep anytime anywere.

god don't i wish i could do that

13. lildeadheadash

lildeadheadash Member

I remembered watching them when I was younger. I turned on a epsiode recently to relive the experience, and I thought it was too funny. Little blue people with funny hats that live in mushrooms. Wonder what they were smoking when they thought up the idea.

14. 8footsativa_chik

8footsativa_chik Waka Chang-Chang

I never likeed the smurfs, they weren't stupid enough for me and my fucked up sense of humor LOL. I always like Animaniacs or Angry Beavers when i was a youngen.

15. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

Q: What's blue stuff between elephants' toes?

A: Slow Smurfs!

Incidentally, the cartoon channel called Boomerang is showing the old smurf cartoons. They are on Dish Network and DirecTV too, I think.

16. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

Ever think about this, they all wear white, except their leader which wears red, there's another group that does that too, the KKK........

17. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

Come to think of it, the Smurfs do wear those white conical caps. Hmm. :)

18. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

The smurfs are on again. At like 7 in the morning on CT channel 7 (its like ny 20 WB) Petufos (sp?) Spanish for smurfs. . . The Smurfs were awsome, Gargamel and azriel. La La La La La La La La La La the best theme song on the face of the earth with only one word