Do you plant by the signs?

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by yarrow_sun, Jun 1, 2006.

1. yarrow_sun

yarrow_sun Member

Do you plant by the moon phase and signs?
    Any stories about how this has worked for you?
    Some people swear by it. This is the first year that I am planting by the signs.

2. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

yes

last year, i had a fantabulastic garden. :) very lush, very productive. not sure if it was because i planted by moonsign or because i planted into some fantastic compost though

i've planted by moon phase again this year. i was a little late with my planting because of it, but it's been a cold spring, so i think it'll all work out.

i'm also interested in hearing other pple's stories. i'm a novice with all of this.

cheers!
    nimh

3. busmama

busmama go away

We planted a few gardens by the moon sign. Always had a great garden! When we were in TN I was in a hurry and didn't worry about signs and it was the worst garden we ever had. I don't know if it was because of the signs or because I was in a hurry and didn't know much about gardening in those mountains. I tend to think it was more because I hurried and didn't pay enough attention to the light.