do you plan your dinners ahead of time?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by interval_illusion, Jan 27, 2005.

1. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

if so... what's on the menu for the next four nights? for me....

chicken pot pie, salmon croquettes, sticky roasted chicken and tuna noodle casserole.

im starving... in any case, im going grocery shopping now while hungry. yay.

2. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

some funky stir fry recipe I found online, some lemon chicken that I've been marinating since this morning that I'll be doing on the bbq, some apple wine I made a year ago and for dessert, some Chunky Monkey ice cream ;)

3. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

I tend not to. A lot of it depends on what I feel like, what the weather's doing, and how much time I have...

4. interval_illusion

i dont always plan mine but i like to.... it seems like when i dont i never have enough stuff to make good meals and then i just end up eating the same shit all the time.

5. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

... fridays in my house usually is take out night... I let my husband pick where to get take out because I could care less, I love take out from anywhere.

6. interval_illusion

yeah, take out is good. not exactly the healthiest usually... but definatly good.

7. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

nope. don't plan ahead. dave picks something based on what he's in the mood to cook and eat that night.

8. interval_illusion

just to make it clear :) i dont plan what DAY everything is gonna be cooked... but i like to look thru my recipes and cook books and pick things and make sure i have all the stuff for the week.

9. antithesis

antithesis Hello

All I know is that tonight my man and I are getting Chinese take-out so that we can watch House of Flying Daggers at my house (I am the one with the giant TV).

I don't usually plan out meals ahead of time because something that sounds good now might sound terrible the next day. What I want changes so often. I think I am going to go wtih pitas and falafel tomorrow night though.

10. interval_illusion

i know what you mean... and that's why i dont plan days. i figure if it's something i really like... ill want it within a week. :)

11. antithesis

antithesis Hello

That's a good idea. I am the worst grocery shopper ever. I just go and get whatever looks good and then I get home and none of it goes together!

12. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

I don't plan at all

I just make sure that I have enuff to not go to the store until next week

13. interval_illusion

trust me... i LIKE planning but i only have the energy to do it about half of the time. so i have that happen to me often.

14. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

l just keep write away from the kitchen.

15. ChiefCowpie

ChiefCowpie hugs and bugs

Every once in a while I just shake my computer keyboard upside down and usually there is enough crumbs and stuff that falls out to make a rather substancial meal.

16. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

I rarely plan, I just go to the store every day and buy whatever I want right then. Only occasionally I decide it's time for a pot of chili or a big pot of stew or something... Those I plan on my days off 'cause it takes a few hours to get them ready (they can be eaten sooner than that but I like them better when they've had some time to sit and simmer). On work days I get home at 7:30 PM so then it's a microwave dinner!

17. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

I try to plan out my dinners but it does not always work out that way. I don't always eat what my family chooses to, so I tend to make dinner for myself quite often. Usually, I try not to eat a lot of red meat. Chicken happens to be a favorite.

Next four days:
    Shrimp (cocktail style) and sauce
    Roasted chicken and vegetables (which will take the place of two nights)
    The possibility of using the leftover chicken to make a stock and freeze it for further use, and to use the leftover chicken meat in a salad.

18. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

I loooove going shopping when I'm hungry! If I can get past the confusion of being overwhelmed by all the possibilities, I usually end up buying a LOT of GOOD FOOD! :D

Um, are you talking about buying packaged chicken pot pie and such, or are you going to be actually cooking this stuff?

Tomorrow I'm making chicken curry to bring to a party we're having at work.
    I make it the way an actual Thai woman told me how to. I work with her, and we share food all the time. :)

-Jeffrey

19. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

WOW it does not sound as though you eat a balanced diet by any stretch of the imagination! :eek:

-Jeffrey