Do you plan on watching American Idol?

Discussion in 'TV' started by MBintheOC, Jan 18, 2005.

1. MBintheOC

MBintheOC We're all mad here..

Well, do u?:p

2. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

No, I don't. For some unknown reason, I watched the last two years... I guess because I enjoy making fun of the contestants. Anyway, I'm not going to waste my time with it this year. It's just too lame.

3. MBintheOC

MBintheOC We're all mad here..

Oooo, lookie who has the honor of being the 1st post!;) LOL. Anyway, yea, I admit, I keep getting sucked it2 it & yes, the bad singers are just 2 amusing. I find it amusing tho how the good singers keep getting voted off in the last few weeks...:rolleyes: I may miss it anyway since I have Spanish class 2nite.

4. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

nope. didn't watch the first few. Don't plan to now.

I feel bad for the people who go on and get laughed at. I've seen the commercials and they are bad, but do we really need to exploit them?

Anyway there are other things that I'd rather watch in that time slot.

5. gelflingwings

gelflingwings Member

No, not my type of show

6. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

I watched the first season every week and even called in to vote quite a few times.
    But didn't have time or opportunity to watch every show for the other seasons, but did watch a few shows last year.
    For now I have no TV (??plow truck hit cable??)so I haven't watched anything for over a week.

7. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

That's what they get for putting themselves in the public eye...

8. CubanB

CubanB Member

Never watched it and never will. I don't understand why it new seasons keep starting up for it. I find it very strange how a new American idol is created every few months........whats wrong with you people?

9. kjhippielove88

kjhippielove88 color + rhyme

i would rather be strangled with piano wire

10. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

11. prism

prism :o

No....but what I really mean to say is fuck no.

12. jen910

jen910 Senior Member

Yeah I'll probably get suckerd into watching it.

13. juggla

juggla Member

i think its funny, the music sucks though

14. just_some_chick

just_some_chick Member

i won't waste my time with it this year.... i went into the lobby of my dorm yesterday and there were 20 or more people all watching American Idol. I stayed for a little while, just to make sure my theory about "reality show watchers" is correct...a few girls were talking to each othr and one asked why they let this person sing if they didn't have a good voice....and I kinda glared and said "it's about ratings'....and the girls that were watching decited to move away fro me... It's hard to get people un-sucked from these shows! has anyone ever been successful at convincing someone not to watch a reality show?

15. al_from_mn

al_from_mn Member

This is the only reality show that I like watching, some of the terrible singers are fun to laugh at :D I only watch the first few weeks - the audition shows. Once they've weeded out the all the bad singers, I don't watch anymore.

Alex

16. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

These shows are an annoying insult to real artists, they have nothing to do with music, they are a marketing genius it gets high viewing figures alot of money from the fools that vote and a product puppet at the end of it. Spread the word and let it die, intelligence will rise again.

17. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

aka "America's Full of Idiots"

I watch it as often as the 'reality' shows...never (<30min viewing for all combined).

Anyone have a Clue how Reality relates to the 'reality shows'?

18. YEM28

YEM28 Member

Once the good singers are found, the show is real boring. The only good part is when the people feel they need to make fools of themselves, they really think they are good at singing. Is it that hard to tell if you are good a singing or not?

19. seconteen

seconteen Member

I'm planning on watching it.

20. lodidodi

lodidodi Member

Well I liked Idol, but now my favorite is The Road to Stardom. It just seems like a tougher type of competittion with Missey Being able to make the final call and the unsupecting twists. Plus I luv rap. UPN is lucky to have this show