Do you own a gun?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by kwal30, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwal30

kwal30 Member

I was just curious in a forum like this that promotes peace and love how many of us actually own guns regardless of the reason. I for one don't but wouldn't rule it out depending on the circumstances. After all this forum is also about exercising your rights and freedoms.

2. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

I own a BB/pellet gun, and I'd like a rifle and revolver, haven't got around to those yet though.

3. ThoughtsFromThinAir

ThoughtsFromThinAir Member

I own seven guns.

We hunt for much of our food and now that we're getting worn out to archery hunt (my partner's shoulders are both destroyed from decades of heavy work) - hunting with a gun is the next best choice.

I PREFER archery - it's more primal, more quiet, and in the wilds you meet up with MUCH FEWER people - but again - we hunt for food, not for sport - so there you go.

I have no problem @ all with guns - I have plenty of problems with how some individuals choose to use guns - but for that matter there are people who misuse every type of tool, including words.

I support my right to be a responsible gun owner.

:)

Good question!

Asphalt-cowboy likes this.
  4. erzebet1961

erzebet1961 Senior Member

We have an A K 47 semi automatic Chinese assault rifle with a 30 round clip......I HATE guns , but it was a gift......I have never fired it.

5. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

I personally don't have a gun, but my husband has three at the moment.

6. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

nope, neither my husband nor I own a gun... although my husband likes to go hunting sometimes with his dad. I've a bit of an aversion about having guns in the house, so he doesn't bother with going out and getting a gun to keep here, he borrows one of his dad's when he goes hunting.

7. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

8. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

No. :) Never even really handled one. :) Don't particularly want to. If my life ever comes down to "shoot or be shot" then I guess I'm goin down. ;) The only instance in which I could see myself owning one is if I had a child, and lived way out in the country or woods. Then I might decide to own a shotgun or something (more to protect a little one from dangerous animals than anything else).

9. grimjivey

grimjivey Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

No guns here!

10. Echelon

Echelon Member

Yeah, three. A .45, a shotgun, and a little purse size .22

11. Relic

Relic Coming Unhinged

I do not own any but the hubby has about 6 air soft pelet gums that he only uses it there is a possum or raccoon in the trash or an agressive dog it the yard. It will not injure the animal but it does hurt like hell I was cleaning up once and picked it up a hit the safety and shot myself in the foot. They are now all in thegarage out of my sight I was a little aggervated at my stupidity that day.

12. yarapario

yarapario Village Elder

Own several shotguns/rifles but no handguns. Used to hunt a lot but not anymore. Use them for protection, and unwanted critters to close to the house. Had a creep who was sort of stalking one of my sons several years ago. He pulled into the drive late one night and I explained the workings of a sawed off Browning 12 guage to him. He drove off a more inlightened person...the boys and I slept better too.

13. sunshine_creek

sunshine_creek Member

held a shotgun once in my life
    got a lock knife near my bed for home protection, guns just escalate a situation

14. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

A knife wouldn't? If you have anything for protection you gotta be prepared to use it if it comes down to it.

15. hayduke_lives5447

hayduke_lives5447 Sancho

I own a few guns. An Ithaca 16ga, A savage .250/3000 lever action thats 90 years old and in horrible shape, will never be fired again. And my favorite is my new .303 British Enfield bolt action infantry rifle. I keep them in my house but don't own any bullets for them.

16. SpaceTrippin

SpaceTrippin Banned

I have a couple rifles and a shot gun

17. Malapascua

Malapascua Member

Yes, I have four, two pistols and two rifles.

All four are under lock and key at my brother's house.
    He has a gun safe, I don't.

18. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

lol, why would i have a gun?
    This is craziness. Over here anyone who isnt a pro hunter or something who has a gun in the house would be thought to be a dangerous criminal, murderer or rapist or something

19. Elijah

Elijah Member

there are no firearms here on the premises. but i do have access to them, i'd rtaher live in a country where sane and levelheaded folks such as ourselves can have them around for our own protection. than to live in a nation where only the cops, the military and the feds can have them. i hope the people who are opposed to gun ownership like the idea of tyranny. because that's what happens when they no longer allow us to have guns.

20. ripple

ripple Member

I own 2 shotguns for hunting and a nice precharged air rifle for tin cans. Im now a vegetarian and they dont get used but I've kept them. Some part of me thinks that its best to keep them around just incase everything goes tits up and everywhere runs out of food and looters come round to my house.

Im all for strict gun control though, over here in the uk you have to go through about 3 background checks to make sure you are responsible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.