do you kill bugs in your place, or palm them and release outside?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by broony, Jul 4, 2013.

1. broony

broony Banned

generally, i kill them.

mainly because they are flies, mosquitos, or ugly spiders..

moths i sometimes palm in my hand and let them out. its rare though..

though this is not something i think about every time i see a little creature in my place..

if crawling on my floor i step on you.. if cant leave my light alone i swat you..generally.. with few exceptions..

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Kill them like a normal person.

3. deviate

deviate Senior Member

The green tree frogs I let outside, lizards my dogs catch too fast.

Bugs? My dogs kill them before I can. They even kill roaches. But if not, if that is a spider.. oh hell no I'm killing that fucker on sight.

4. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If it's a moth or firefly, I put them back outside...sometimes granddaddy long legs, too.

Flies, bees, or big spiders - I kill.

Harmless little spiders I let stay.

5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Flys And Mozzies Die, Moths I Let Outside, Big Spiders

Are Welcome In My Home, In Fact I Feed The Dead Mozzies And Flys To

Them Using A Pair Of Tweezers...:)

Cheers Glen.

6. Sixpence

Sixpence Member

I let them all back outside, sometimes even ticks...Mosquitoes I blow off me when I`m outside, though I`ll usually kill them when they`re inside if they`re bothering me.
    Actually, I let quite a lot stay inside, especially the little spiders, they`re great. :2thumbsup:

7. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

I really don't get all that many bugs in my apartment. For the most part some spiders and centipedes. We pretty much coexist. Sometimes the cat or dog catch something. If it is something that is bothering me it might meet it's death.

8. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Whenever I find a bug I call the NSA and tell them to come collect their shit.

9. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

+rep......:rofl:

Cheers Glen.

10. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

I let them out if possible before the cats get them. Flies amuse me, how they can get in through a tiny gap but when it comes to getting out they dont seem to notice the wide open doors or windows.

Spiders can stay. They usually come in through my bath and tend to leave that way too after a few days of realising that they can't actually get out or catch anything. So when I shower I pop them under a cup and release them once the bath is dry. I tend to name them too lol, my last 8 legged lodger was Quincey and the one before him was Jeffery the third ;)

The only ones I get rid of straight away are wasps or moths. Wasps because I don't want to get stung and moths because when your sat in the evening with the lights on trying to relax, they decide it's time to have a lamp party.

11. laughing-buddha

laughing-buddha Relax and have fun

do you kill bugs in your place, or palm them and release outside?

No WAY. I can't Kill.

I feel guilty, even if I kill accidently.

12. SuperXX

SuperXX Guest

Bugs?
    I usually try to get them outside alive, sadly most of them didn't.

13. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

We have an agreement. If I don't see them, they get to live.

Actually, I hate season changes because the bugs come out of the basement. Those house centipedes are horrible and freaky.

14. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I capture spiders and take them outside. I don't bother being so kind to mosquitos, grain moths, and centipedes.

15. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

:2thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeXiiGejSN8"]Raid flyspray commercial 1991 - animation, motion graphics - YouTube

Hotwater

16. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I kill flying bugs otherwise I don't get them outside at all. How do you catch those alive? But I don't have much bugs inside at all. Perhaps because of all the :sifone:

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I used to avoid killing bugs out of principle, but I've recently changed my principles. That, and my landlord is slack about coming to do a pest control and we live under about 4 huge oak trees so bugs are constantly getting in the house. Fuck those bugs

18. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I've got a set of rules for bugs. June bugs die because I hate them, they're terrible at flying, they get stuck in my hair, and their stupid little feet are scratchy and hurt. Not many get in my house.

Spiders are all cool except black widows, brown recluses, and wolf spiders. Only exception there is if they get near my bed or on me, then they die.

Ants die immediately, especially after the other day I got bit by 8 all at once and had to deal with my leg being on fire for 4 hours straight before I finally broke and took some Benadryl.

Scorpions I normally let the husband deal with. I let him make the call, sometimes he's feeling generous and will scoop them up in a cup or something and let them outside, but most the time they get squished. Once we used this scorpion killer my dad bought for me after I had been stung by like 4 (different occasions, not all at once). Never again, as painful as their stings are, it's nothing compared to the torture they endure with that stuff. It's like some sort of acid or something and burns them alive. I never felt so guilty about killing a bug in my life.

Flies die as soon as I can catch them. Moths do a good job of killing themselves.

And as far as bugs outside go, only rule is you stay off me and you live. Mosquitoes have a really hard time following that rule, so they die often.

19. childofdelight

childofdelight Member

Big spiders are caught and released outside, brown recluses are typically killed on sight.

Flies are caught and released, if possible, and the same goes for moths.

20. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

You guys seem to have a lot of bugs. I can't remember the last time I found one inside.