Do you guys watch TV?

Discussion in 'TV Documentaries' started by teenagemutantninjatu, Nov 2, 2006.

1. teenagemutantninjatu

teenagemutantninjatu Banned

I watch it sometimes but I don't get a lot of the programs.

2. DQ Veg

DQ Veg JUSTYNA'S TIGER

You ain't missing anything!

3. AfricaUnite

AfricaUnite Member

I moved into a new place a month ago and didnt feel like paying $40 a month for cable. I download the shows I watch (Daily show, colbert report). So not only am I saving almost $500 a year, I seem to have a lot more time to accomplish meaningfull tasks.

4. Charise

Charise Naked to the Cosmos

If you don't have cable, there's nothing to watch! The local stations don't have anything (they'e all I've got).

5. forwardventure

forwardventure Member

On a slow day I'll watch some CNN around lunchtime just to see what's going on. On occasion I'll play jeopardy with my mom at night. And I try to catch the new episodes of Simpson's on Sunday nights. That's about it.

6. raysun

raysun D4N73_666 4861786f72

In general I watch discovery channel and news channels other info I get online....

7. francesca010104

francesca010104 Member

yes i loved watching tv shows especially Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Charmed

8. dready_kolo

dready_kolo Banned

I watch a lot of tv, I'm doing courses in film studies and media studies so it is useful

9. Kaze Yo

Kaze Yo Member

That's funny.

It's true that if you have no cable, there's not much to watch.

But some good shows do appear, such as Geogre Lopez.

As for the question, I don't watch as much television as much as I used too.
    For the most part, I'm using my imagination more and more to entertain myself. That and the Internet.

10. lifelovefun

lifelovefun Member

I'm getting really sick of TV lately. Every fucking channel is the same BS and even the news channels aren't pretending that their seperate anymore!

I turn on Fox News - They're doing a story about a high speed chase
    I turn to MSNBC - And I'm seeing the same god dam car chase!
    I turn over to CNN - And their on commercial, but 10 seconds later they come back on and they're showing........THE SAME GOD DAM POLICE CHASE!!!!!

Animal Planet is fun, but it's like every show on TV now has the same format, plot, ideas, etc... And it's easy to see how TV programs people when it's basically all the same.

11. Formertechno34

Formertechno34 Member

No..not like I used to. There's nothing interesting apart sometimes when there's a film or a good show.

12. that guy

that guy Member

And it's easy to see how TV programs people when it's basically all the same.[/QUOTE]that is so fuckin true like in almost all shows they try to show respect to cops authority and rules brainwashing us into following there rules. and they make fun of anything counter to there society and in doing so they make people move in the direction that they want by having them think like oh i don't wanna be like that hippy who was getting picked on, on t.v. i'd better be the opposite of a hippy.... it's bullshit

13. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

Computers are the new TV, the world just hasn't admitted this to itself yet.

x

14. Meretrix

Meretrix Member

I am always watching History Channel, Discovery, and Biography along with a few others occasionaly..

15. jy02927731

jy02927731 Member

there is no TV machine in my dormitory ,oh,i miss TV machine and girl so MUCH!!!

16. pushit

pushit One jive Motha Fucka

I watch a lot of the History and Discovery Channels.

17. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

I love documentaries about the nature on earth, but heavily into documentaries on the planets too.

18. prycilla

prycilla Member

I rarely watch tv and when I do I watch discovery, national geographic or animal planet. I don't loose anything by not watching; I'd rather read a book or go out.

19. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

So much of it is just junk. Reality shows where you have hair stylists or chefs going through "boot camps" of some sort. Home makeovers. Police chases. That crazy Nancy Grace shouting at her guests and condemning people before they even go to trial. Infomercials. 20 minutes of commercials per hour. I like keeping up with the news, THC, DSC, APL, A&E (Soprano's, First 48), AMC, TCM, House, Sons of Anarchy and a few other shows. Oh yeah, I watch Lockup every weekend on MSNBC. Like a train wreck, I can't keep my eyes off of it.

20. jamesadams01

jamesadams01 Guest

Ya I watch TV shows. Not regular But some tv shows I followed by online like Dexter, Prisom Break Los angels... These are my favorite series...