do you girls care if a guy has a job or not

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by joker, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Mui

Mui Senior Member

by getting a disability check for his disability it is a way of helping him with his problem. No one is telling joker not to help him w/ his problems... he needs to get help w/ whatever his problems are... but is his unwillingness to get a job a problem? I don't really think so.

My advice to joker is to join a commune, it seems like something he'd rather be living in anyway... but you have to actually do something in the commune sides play guitar... you could like clean shit, or get food, anything... besides entertain the people there.

2. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

RE: m getting lots of mixed signals here lets check it out:

Because you're shackled by your own ideology.

RE: You recognize that corporations are stealing from people yet you fail to recognize how in a capitalist system many people are sitting around doing nothing taking money.

Listen, I know for sure that there are corps ripping off the general public, but they don't sit around doing nothing. If they outsource jobs they still have to fly to India, find interpreters and work at moving stuff overseas. And please don''t refer to investments as people sitting around doing nothing either. Investing gives people capital with which to generate more capital.

RE: This is the foundation of capitalism.
    Capitalism exists, so the rich can hire the poor to do their labor and create their product...

You don't seem to understand capitalism...

RE: Do I really need to list off the wealthy business owners who dont work and steal money from others every day?

If they own and maintain businesses they are hardly doing nothing.

RE: Lets take a history lesson, shall we... Lets go back to the days, not that long ago, when blacks were enslaved by wealthy rich white business owners (not so much different from today now is it)

Here we go with the race thing again... and no, nobody is enslaved these days.

RE: Now even back in these days, business owners didnt do shit...

The hell? Even if they weren't doing anything in the fields they still needed to be out trading the cotton, buying resources, overseeing the planting and investing the results. I'm not defending slavery but it is hardly the truth that they sat around drinking mint juleps all day...

RE: But how did they rise to the top to be so wealthy? Well, they had slaves to do all the real work for them... they just cashed in on the product their slaves worked their asses off to create...

But they themselves also worked to get that going. Unless you think they exerted some mystical control over their entire plantations...

RE: Sense they didnt have to pay their workers anything (hey that reminds me of sweatshops) and their workers in turn created massive product for him, he could sell that and make tremendous wealth... such easy wealth comes from enslaving others (which explains how sweatshop owners create their wealth).

Correct. Please show me a sweatshop in this country. When do you I guarantee you I will not buy from it.

RE: Now that Jim Bob the dumbass inbred redneck from Arkansas is a wealthy fuck, he passes that money off to his children, and from their children to the new generation.

So? You're not allowed to give money to yer kids now?

RE: Yes, it is aproven fact that many wealthy white families (in the 21st century) are wealthy because their ancestors enslaved thousands of people. Through inheritance, white people are still wealthy because of the slavery and injustice they caused in the past.

And therefore it is PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE that people just go on SSI and don't work cause they don't feel like it!

The fact that people inherit wealth, note, inherit, does NOT mean that the person who gets the money is necessarily sitting around doing nothing. I've seen the trust fund kid types - they're the miserable bastards who end up dying by drugs or suicide. Paris Hilton, for all her vileness, works her almost nonexistent ass off - sure she came to the table with Hilton money but she's not sitting around sponging off it.

RE: One thing that definitely doesnt lead to wealth, is working hard. People work hard every day, I hope you realize... hundreds of thousands of people, even more than that, all across the world... they are hard workers, work their ass off every day... how many of these fucks become wealthy? Next to none of them... they are working their ass off for their boss, that isn't going to get them anywhere.

Including me. But you know what? Whether prince or pauper we all have a station in life and an obligation to stand on his or her own two feet.

RE: Slavery still exists, and the reason why many people are wealthy is still because of slavery.. By not paying your workers for creating aproduct, and than in turn selling that product, you are stealing from the workers, enslaving them, not working for yourself, and creating massive amounts of wealth.

Actually it's the Chinese government doing this. Take it up with the Communist party. Hope you enjoy dying by torture.

RE: the REAL reason people are wealthy is because they profit off the backs of the poor, or merely because of inheritance.

Or that they worked hard and made something of themselves. P.Diddy, for example.

RE: the white people had some wealth to pass on to their ancestors, as the blacks started from having absolutely nothing.

That is a HIDEOUS blanket statement.

RE: This is why I support reparations... Maybe im the only white person on earth who supports reparations.

Sure. But how is it "justice" to take away from one person and give it to another based on skin color when NEITHER PERSON was involved in the incidents in question? I was not BORN in 18whatever, but the 1970s so please tell me how I managed to subjugate anyone.

RE: The collapse of SSI will not be because of joker receving a disability check for bipolar disorder (which the government decided was alright)...

No, it will collapse from the wounds of ten thousand Jokers.

RE: SSi will most likely collapse because it is the poltiicans who run the countries choice to make it collapse...

When the Baby Boomers retire, there are not the numbers to keep that Ponzi scheme going. And if you think economics sucks now wait til 60% of GDP has to go to these obligations.

3. Mistress_Sassafras

Mistress_Sassafras Member

Finally someone that gets it.
    It doesn't matter to me whether a guy has a job or not. Just as long as he's doing something to puruse his dream.
    Good luck with your music Joker.

4. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

You don't HAVE to work for some corporation. You can work for a co-op or you can do henna at street markets but just do SOMETHING rather than sit around smoking weed and drinking and expecting a handout.

5. hiro

hiro pursue it

No but it is a plus.

6. Mui

Mui Senior Member

Actually, most owners can hire people to manage their corporation for them... sure they do some little things... but to call it hard work is absurd.

Why would you say that
    Own and maintain, most owners do not maintain their business... a lot of them pay others to do most of the work... they arent doing nothing, they are doing a little... but they arent 'working hard'... they arent working nearly as hard as the poor who slave every day for them.
    If you really believe that you are blind... American business is still enslaving people in third world countries across the globe.

Sure they did the small stuff, still they let others manage their plantations most the time... and when they werent raping african women they were oh so busy doing the hard task of keeping their slaves in check and making sure they do not educate themselves.

Yes, they did do something, they were the overseers... they had to control the slaves, while they were the ones producing the product for them... Either way, in every capitalist system, the owners profit off the poor which work for them... the poor work harder than the owner ever will, and they are the only ones who really produce any product... the owner steals that product from the person and sells it and gains a profit off of it in his own pocket book... this is theivary at best... and it still works the same way to this day.
    To say that their work is harder than those who had worked under them is ludacris.

Did I ever say there was a sweatshop in this country? Im not america-centric, i think about the world not just this pile of shit. There are sweatshops across the world. But still in america and across the world the poor are exploited of their work to gain profit for massa.

Putting too much wealth in the hands of a few is a very stupid fucking idea. I never said there was anything necessarily wrong with giving your kids in heritance, but I was answering your question which you asked me about how wealth is created... Its not from hard work and decision making like all the capitalist propagandist bullshit tells you, it's about making others do the real work for you, stealing their product, and selling it for yourself. It is exploitation at its best.

There is more to life than working, you have to realize this sometime.. Him not working really doesnt effect your life at all. By submitting to the corporations which own us, you are basically bending over and taking it up the ass. If you think you can live without working like a slave be my guest.

No they arent doing nothing, but they aren't doing much... they aren't slaving their ass off every day like the people that work under them... that's my point... sure they do some little shits, but it doesnt justify their exploitation, their theft, it doesnt mean they are really all that intelligent... any idiot can make people work under him and exploit them if they have the income to

How is he not standing on his or own two feet... if you can live and be happy, than you are standing on your own two feet in my books.

Lots of flaws in this logic... First flaw, a pretty obvious flaw, is that china is a capitalist government... second flaw, is that american corporations enslave people all over the world, not in china... and its not a result of china or communism, (an ideology which prides itself on being against sweatshop labor)... its actually a result of capitalist (exploit eachother for profit)... and sweatshops all over the world are headed by massive american corporations.
    Indeed capitalism and slavery go hand in hand..

A lot of people work hard, and they dont get anywhere... working hard doesnt give you success or wealth... we all know that... and the fact that you cite P Diddy as an example is extremely dumb... The man is a rapper, he raps over other peoples music... the entertainment industry isnt a measure of working hard... P Diddy got lucky, and sold himself out as much as he could... You cant cite a rapper, especially P diddy, to use as a good example of your perspective...
    Anyone else find that funny?

Actually, it's the truth... that is the reason that now most white people are wealthy and most blacks are poor... the whites used to profit off slavery in the old days, andpassed their wealth down to the new generations... even though we dont have the same kind of slavery in america, the wealth created by those white plantation owners is still around.
    I only believe people who are wealthy and have ancestors who were plantation owners should give up a portion of their wealth to go to those whos ancestors worked for that plantation.
    No matter the color of your skin... Thats not the question, its about the person and families past and their wealth.

I still maintain that it will collapse from politicians purposely destroying it.

Concentrating the wealth into the hands of a few individuals will only result in a larger rich /poor gap until the gap becomes so large that the country is destroyed. This is the future for america.
    It is in no way a smart idea to trust such few people with such large amounts of money, and dispursing the wealth to the poor is the only way to make sure that everyones needs are met and it is also the only way to effectively fight crime... only once peoples needs of food clothes and shelter are met you would see a much larger drop in the amount of theft, burglary, things like that... those crimes are committed because of poverty in the first place... the only thing capitalism offers is the chance to have massive amounts of power, the type of power that no one should have in the first place.

he isnt talking about sitting around smoking weed drinking and expecting a hand out... its never been about that... comprende?

It's funny, you suggest doing henna at street markets, but you wont accept the fact he's chosen to persue music as his career, which is a different form of art, like henna... in fact, he'd probably have much more success doing music than henna at street markets.

He is do ing something with his life, he's pursuing music... he doesnt need to work at a corporation if he doesnt want to... no one does... he's chosen his 'career' and it'll probably change in due time... but theres nothing wrong with wanting to be a "starving artist". The government WANTS to give him this money, he isnt stealing it fromt he government... there is no theft/crime being committed here...
    Only if you met him in real life could you say if he really needed a disability check or not, but until then you cant really say shit.

7. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

Mui, you are blathering on about any of a number of things wholly immaterial to the situation. I don't work for a corporation and when I do I do so on my terms, well, mutually acceptable terms anyway. i don't think that getting income for work is slavery. Nor do I think of it as being buggered, as you do. I think of it as a useful transaction.

Do I think it "unfair" that an unemployed laborer working hard gets less money than someone who lies around having her picture taken for money? Sure I do. But the fact that there are maybe 2000 people living this way doesn't mean that the rest of the human race can just skate.

8. Gregonzo

Gregonzo Member

sell cheesecakes!

Cheers

9. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

R: It's funny, you suggest doing henna at street markets, but you wont accept the fact he's chosen to persue music as his career, which is a different form of art, like henna... in fact, he'd probably have much more success doing music than henna at street markets.

There's a difference between BEING PAID at a market and using that as income, and collecting welfare.

And yeah, he started this off by saying he don't wanna work and he has enough money for his rent, booze and weed.

10. Mui

Mui Senior Member

Actually, i replied to every thing that was mentioned, and it is all relavent to the question and comments at hand... if you make some sort of remark about my economic ideology, than you can bet im going to go into that... just because it isnt what the thread started about doesnt it means it isnt relavent... everything i say is a result of what you say... it all relates perfectly. Getting income for work isn't slavery, but american businesses dont give "income" for work all the time... especially in the sweatshops they run which you seem to be ignoring. In america, we get some 'income' -- most the time it isnt enough to live on, most of the time its a very very shitty wage at that... its no living wage, its still a slave wage... Thats why in america, we have wage-slavery...a nd in third world countries which run american sweatshops, there is slavery...
    There is a difference between Wage Slavery and Slavery. But its two forms of slavery nonetheless.
    And no one ever said the rest of the human race could just skate... we arent talking about that at all... With the quickness you replied to my post I can be assured that you didnt even bother reading it. Read the ending... He's not skating, he wants to be a musician, and so he should... the fact that you recommend doing henna yet knockdown his pursuit of music is extremely odd... cant you see that doing music IS something, and I would even say that it is even more something than doing henna.
    Its just another artform.

You should really be worrying about your own life and not others...
    "The only free ride I get is one with a siren"

here you go again... i really think you have no understanding of this situation and your wrapped up in your own ideological rhetoric.

Joker isnt on welfare. Doing henna at a streetmarket is the same thing as persuing a musical career... was he not talking about going to places and playing music with a hat open?? Thats the same thing as doing henna on a streetmarket.... he's being paid either way... the fact that you care so much about what a person does in his life, and the fact that you want to determine what a person should spend his money on (you got a problem w/ booze and weed?) is rather disturbing.. He isnt getting a free ride, he isnt skating free... its not fucking welfare... get that through your head.

There is no such thing as a free ride through life... the only way you can get a free ride through life is if you are extremely wealthy... thats the only way... welfare wont give you that, social security wont give you that...
    There is no free ride.
    You can only be on welfare for so long before they take you off ofit and you can never go back on it again.
    Social security only exists as long as there are funds in the account and as long as you have a reason for receiving disability or anything (which he does have, and by no means is he wrong for taking advantage of government programs)

11. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Usually when you're 30-35 they think you're kinda a deadbeat if you're not working.

But you're 19...do whatever you want. Working's not going to satisfy everybody. Esepically not some entry level job at fucking home depot where you have to repeat their corporate motto every morning.

I think if I worked at Wendy's I'd tell all the girls I met I was unemployed.

Just make yourself happy joker.

12. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

Until I read this thread I never realized how many elitist assholes there are on these forums. I think I'll stick to the forums where people understand and respect each other more. You know, Philosophy and Religion...

13. Mui

Mui Senior Member

Yup, thats my point essentially if you get rid of all the other bullshit.

hehehehehe.

I have a job. im not receiving any govt funding, but if someone has the opportunity to get some govt cheese I dont think there is anything wrong w/ that.
    If they wanna just be a starvin artist and never really save up any substainial savings that is their choice to make not mine.

14. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

RE: Until I read this thread I never realized how many elitist assholes there are on these forums

It's elitist to tell someone who refuses to work to get a job?

15. Mui

Mui Senior Member

i think this t hread is too long so im gonna stop posting in it and try to let it die out, but that prob wont work fer a while. l8er, im not gonna change any1s mind coz most of us are already set in our ways..
    so that is the end of that.
    of my elitist asshole ranting. :) had fun
    peace.

16. joker

joker Senior Member

hey, if you think all you have to do is tell the ssi company your lazy to recieve a disability check then why don't you go and tell them. they check through every medical record and work history. and if you want to say that i'm a fraud at doing this then i must be smarter than you to know how to make up a fake history and get a phony prescription to depakote and seroquel. and u don't know how many different meds i've been on. these are the ones that are working right now and anti psychotic pills react to everyone differently. i can see by all your post on this thread that you're a right wing judgemental **** that doesn't know shit about psychology. and after reading mui's last post i think i'll stop posting in the thread too. not my fault u people are too ignorant to know the difference between disibilty and welfare checks. have fun making yourself look stupid.

17. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

RE: hey, if you think all you have to do is tell the ssi company your lazy to recieve a disability check then why don't you go and tell them.

Because I am a man who stands on his own two feet, that's why.

RE: i can see by all your post on this thread that you're a right wing judgemental **** that doesn't know shit about psychology

Actually, having completed almost a minor in psychology (yeah, I'm university educated AND college educated) I can tell you it's more about psychiatry than psychology. Did you know "depression" can be treated just as well with a placebo as with these drugs of yours? That was a bit of a shock to the "it's a disease" folk.... But then again, corporate profit before empirical science...

RE: not my fault u people are too ignorant to know the difference between disibilty and welfare checks.

Maybe if you wanna play like you're really sick and that it's cause you're so disabled you can't work - you might want NOT to start the conversation with how you don't WANT to work, hate jobs, don't wanna be told what to do etc. you parasite. You can make up whatever excuses you want but you've got two arms and two legs and you're supposedly an adult so act like one and pay your own way.

18. jiontdude

jiontdude Member

hey man joker and mui are so fucking right u people have right ring view so u all can go FUCK URSELF AND BY THE WAY IAM NOT EVEN GIONG TO WASTE TIME BY POSTING IN THIS AGAIN EITHER. FUCKING ASSHOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. gdhmomchild

gdhmomchild Duct tape abuser

Nice, how articulate to call me a ****. I'm not right wing either but You seem to miss the point I've tried to repeatedly make. If the meds are knocking you down that badly, TELL YOUR DOCTOR TO TRY SOMETHING DEFFERENT! THERE ARE MANY DRUGS OUT THERE. It took my ex bf quite awhile to find the right ones for him. If music is what you want, great! Why not get some schooling while you can to better persue this as your chosen career. I'm sure there are some classes you could take to better yourself in that too. Use the system to train you so that you will be better prepared to go forth in this venture. Did you know they even have a degree for music therapy? Theres so many things that you could incorporate into music. Sound engineering, Music theory, ect.

And dude, you are still the one that started it all on the sour note. When you started this thread it wasn't about couldn't, it was about didn't wanna. If you can't , you can't but that wasn't the tone you set at all. But without trying to get different meds that don't knock you down for most of the day, you won't be able to have much of a musical career either (another point that was attempted to be made) It can be a grueling schedule to make a musical career fly, the reason I always go back to suggesting you talk to your doctor to try to find a better set of meds for you.

20. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

RE: Nice, how articulate to call me a ****.

You dared to tell him to grow up and get a job.

What he WANTED to hear was oh, yeah, stick it to the man, no don't worry, loads of girls will fall over you and the ones who don't are just gold diggers.

Right wing or left wing every system expects people to work and contribute - whether it's the capitalist saying you don't work you don't eat or the socialist saying you MUST work to feed everyone.