Do you flirt with women you aren’t actually trying to sleep with?

Discussion in 'True Love' started by TrumpCards, Apr 2, 2018.

1. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

I’m pretty bad with girls. I like to flirt with girls, even if they’re married or have boyfriends, because sometimes they’re nice and flirt back. For me, that’s a nice little confidence booster. I had a friend who warned me not to do that because unless you’re trying to sleep with them, you shouldn’t boost their confidence/self-esteem any more. What do you think?

Mirsman likes this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Nahhhhh if you ain't got anyfang I'm interested in I ain't gone give you much.

McFuddy likes this.
  3. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Depends. Some people take flirting the wrong way, others take it in an innocent way. Probably hard to tell who's who, but if you are just having fun, I don't see anything wrong with it. I don't think flirting needs to mean something more, or lead to something more.

Mirsman and wilsjane like this.
  4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

just this one old lady i work with. otherwise, i'm trying to sleep with all of them.

jr5646 and rollingalong like this.
  5. olderndirt

olderndirt Senior Member

I will never have sex with anybody other than my wife, but I love to flirt with other ladies and accept flirtation.

6. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

I personally think there are different kinds of "flirting". I might flirt with multiple girls while my heart is only set on my girlfriend. But then that might come from my being as old as I am, even though I don't like to perceive it as an age-related thing.

I'm always developing crushes on different girls, but my girlfriend is where my heart belongs. She's kind of above all others as far as I'm concerned. That said, I also recognize beauty when I come across it, and that's always been the case. I'm faithful(if a guy over 40 can remain a virgin in an international, long-distance relationship, then I think it's safe to say he's faithful) in that I recognize the preciousness of what this relationship offers, but because I do, I also don't want to be completely blind when it comes to recognizing beauty. It basically boils down to the whole philosophy of, "they are hot as fuck, but my girlfriend already has something extra that no one else has".

But what call "benign flirting" is simply what it is: benign. That's the way I feel about the whole thing.

7. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Yes.

Well not if they're married or have boyfriends, typically. I have made mistakes though.

8. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

I never have nor will simply out of respect for the man or woman on the other side of that relationship. Ex wife did it all the time though

9. Jude96

Jude96 Members

I’m in a relationship now so I’m not out flirting with other women...

... but when I was single I used to find it fun to flirt... it didn’t at all mean I was trying to hook up with all these women... it’s just fun and harmless if it’s going back and forth... I don’t think there is anything misleading about some low key flirting and most of the time I don’t think a woman’s immediate expectation is, ‘oh he’s flirting, I hope I get lucky tonight!” All in all, I don’t think most women are thinking about it like that the way men might... but hey I suppose I could be wrong... just a generalization from my own observations

Curious wife likes this.
  10. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah that's a man's expectation. a woman is usually thinking "oh he's flirting, i hope he stops."

12. Jude96

Jude96 Members

I think men should get the vibe if she’s not into it and stop... but I’ve had women flirt with me in a really fun, low key way we both enjoyed... I think there is a fine line between having a good time and seeing the “I’m not interested” look on a woman’s face

Alonso376 likes this.
  13. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

So I've been told.

My friends think I'm a shameless flirt; I think I'm just being polite and personable.

dd788snipe and Eh Nn like this.
  14. fem_fatale

fem_fatale Members

I flirt with everyone. It’s all about me though, I love that kind of attention. That sounds awful but it’s just honest.

dd788snipe and jmadre like this.
  15. SSJROMANCE

SSJROMANCE Members

Not sure what your friend was trying to tell you. People flirt all the time - doesn't mean you want to get laid.

dd788snipe likes this.
  16. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Married women flirt with me more than single women. Sometimes i'll flirt back. I wouldn't sleep with someone knowing they are married.

17. Goander

Goander Members

Sure, all in fun though. I think it might make both parties a little aroused, but not going to cheat on my wife. She probably reaps the benefits.

18. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Eye contact is always reassuring when you are chatting to someone, but it can send out some wrong messages if you are not careful.
    Not such a problem at my age, but your reply made me think back to that 'whops' moment in my younger days (about 40 years ago) when a girl who I was chatting to suddenly put her hand on my leather shorts. I think that it was the last time that I wore them in public. :yum::yum::yum:

19. Kaiju

Kaiju Members

Flirting is a sport! or at least should be... Doesn't mean i'm wanting to jump into their pants!

20. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Sometimes. I know my girlfriend loves me and finds me attractive but I like to know others do just because I'm insecure lol

dd788snipe likes this.