Do you ever....

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Sit in front of your laptop with your headphones in, ready for when you go to youtube, but then get stuck on something like hip forums for half an hour where headphones arent required, then half an hour later realise you still have your headphones in

I do

This is random thoughts

Americunt likes this.
  2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Don't Own A Laptop......Nor Headphones......And I Am No Longer "Stuck" On Hip Forums....:disappointed:

Cheers Glen.

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

So no then

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i also have no laptop, and when i play music on my computer i blast it out for all my neighbors to hear.

5. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

Do it at work all the time with my phone.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

That's how its done :cheers2:

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

You know everybody hates neighbours like that

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i'm really not concerned with how my neighbors feel about me. on one side is an extremely unattractive woman who likes to slam her door loud enough for russia to hear it, and on the other side is an extremely attractive woman who seems to be having some sort of a sexual relationship with a guy who wears a fedora. so in short, my neighbors are awful people and i'm doing them a favor by occasionally waking them up in the middle of the night with my music.

Hugs & Spit likes this.
  9. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

For me its more the opposite. I plan on visiting or replying to the forums but get stuck on youtube videos. Then i forget what i wanted to type.

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

The most uncomfortable part of that is that he wears a fedora, only really creepy guys wear a fedora

11. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

They leave the shades up

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

yup, except i do my connecting from the tower under my desk at home.
    mostly i'm listening to what i have on my hard drive, and this i can do at the same time.
    sometimes i will stop the media player though, to check out recent sound file uploads on fur affinity, and forget to turn my own sound back on.
    mostly i put them in to escape from the unpleasantness of human sounds where i live though, and get by ok without masking sound when they're not present.

i do have a laptop in my bug out bag, that i update important files to, and i can connect with it, but for security reasons, i don't usually drag my bug out bag around with me.

i'd love to have a computer i could carry around in my pocket.
    one that WASN'T a phone,
    so it wouldn't charge me to connect to anything,
    every time i wanted to pull it out and play with it,
    like when waiting for a bus.

that b.s. of having to connect and pay to do so, is why i don't current bother to own a phone.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  13. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I usually fiddle with the volume as opposed to actually wearing headphones. The place I mainly use headphones is the gym. :) But not with an ipod or any such nonsense. I plug into the machine I'm on and it lets me listen to the televisions they have there, probably by way of radio signal.

I don't like to make a lot of noise either though.

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

So, what I have learned from this thread is a lot of HF members still have the bulky desktop taking up half a room running XP ( XP was released 16 years ago now by the way) rather than just buying a cute little laptop that in 2017 would be 1/4 of the price and 4 times faster

15. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I do tend to get sucked into HF on my laptop (not my desktop--Jesus guys, come on), but I don't listen to music with headphones at home. I reserve those for public places.

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

mostly because she's really hot and all of my thoughts about her involve sex. also because he spends the night there and statistically i think the most likely reason for a man to spend the night with a woman is for sex.

they still make new desktops even today...

i mostly just hate the keyboard and mouse pad on laptops. and there's really nowhere i would take a laptop anyway; if i need a computer when i'm not at my computer, i have a phone for that.

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Besides, you can hook up your laptop to your sound system just as easily as with a desktop pc.

I like to be (and am) on good terms with my neighbors. The housemate I share a wall with and the neighbour upstairs are the only ones who could be troubled by my music, but strangely and fortunately they just aren't. A former upstairs neighbour couldn't handle the slightest noise :-D

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i bought my 'lap top' in 2011. my boat anchor has ten times the hard drive and more then twice the ram. and i need all of that and more for the art i create on it.
    on the other paw, my laptop, when i bought it, was a similar upgrade from the boat anchor i'd been using before that.
    but being muscle bound, for a laptop, it never would run more then an hour on battery alone, even when it was new.
    and xt did everything i needed it to. but my newest current machine came with win-8, so i use that. the laptop has win-7. the vintage/backup e-machine did indeed come with xt.
    (personally i was happy with dos-7 and basic in rom. those where the days. but that would never run the blender or autocad, or be fast enough to connect to the net)

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Have you ever.. Ever felt like this. When strange things happen when you're going around the twist and they say rain rain go away come again another day. :p

20. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

21. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

Today was so depressing...family not very agreeable today, nor did they care less. Parents treat me like I'm stupid, they've got my daughter doing it now.

I just want so badly, to get in my car, leave it all behind and stay in Colorado and smoke the fuck outta some dank weed. Fuck it, you know!!!
    I really, really wanna do that. 15 hour drive. Leave @ 3am, get there @ 6pm. Just in time to catch those magical establishments still open. Then go find a hotel. Fuck it.