Do you ever...

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by SLammon420, Jun 23, 2006.

1. SLammon420

SLammon420 Senior Member

...think about how your life would be without marijuana? Would it be signifigantly different?

2. CreamPuffWar

CreamPuffWar Member

I'd be sober.

3. boothy

boothy Senior Member

not really. i'm still good 'ol me whether i drunk high or sober as a judge.

4. aesther

aesther Member

i think this question needs to be asked after another one,

which is,

what/who do you identify yourself with?
    mind, body,
    activities, hobbies, personality traits

combination of all of these?

cuz during my usage of maryjane, i use it fairly often
    so i'm under the influence quite a bit, and when i'm not under the influence i suppose i'm still affected by it since there isn't many days that pass in between the next smoke.

so i believe marijuana certainly alters my life significantly, starting from the activies/things i do(to an extent, i still do most of the same things i think i would've..but who knows??), to the way i look at life, to the way i react to situations, etc.

i would say that is a large significant change due from miarjuana
    but, i believe that it's a good change, for otherwise i don't see why i'd use it as often as i do.

5. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

id be very different. i think its ridiculous to try to imagine how we would be had any large lifestyle factor been different. any moment even. im very happy with the person i am but i mean its come with cons as well as pros, its all part of a changing life

6. zeppelin kid

zeppelin kid Member

Yes I would say its relatively the same. Although I went through a period of derpression and low self esteem but I was also not smoking pot and when I started to smoke again my depression and self esteem got better slowly.

7. KParker730

KParker730 Member

i would be the same... maybe not as happy all the time, but the same

8. janedoe

janedoe Member

The people I'm with, affect me more than all the rest. That's just an extra bonus.

9. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

i'd be drinking more, meh

10. trailerparkboy

trailerparkboy Heat Bag

it would be different but i could handle it

11. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

I would be very different. Marijuana was a door to a new lifestyle for me.

12. buffoonman

buffoonman Senior Member

I would be a tree.

13. Sezzy

Sezzy Member

^^ and i would smoke you

14. liz

liz Member

I'd be a black sheep. [​IMG] But yeah, I'd be a lot more bored as well. And I have to say my art has been much better since I started using, so it's affected essentially the most important parts of my life.

15. shockseventyfour

shockseventyfour Member

I'd have a girlfriend....
    nah idnoi had a reputation as a pothead WAY before i ever smoked pot so socially I would be no different though when i cut back this year i did notice my grades were a little(not much) better. Might be related. they just went from like.. bs to b+'s

16. NoVictimNoCrime

NoVictimNoCrime -

heh.

could i get a hit?

17. SLammon420

SLammon420 Senior Member

same here.

18. mellow

mellow Eased

I'm just me...I'm happy the way I am.

19. SLammon420

SLammon420 Senior Member

I definitely think pot has affected me for the better, though. I'd be alot more stressed if I didn't smoke every now and then.

20. SagaciousKJB2

SagaciousKJB2 Member

Well, before I started smoking cannabis, I was an emotional wreck, pained by anxiety and sleeping problems. Sometimes I'd be up for days at a time with insomnia-episodes, and during the days I'd be on the breaking-point constantly. There were actually times back then where I would black out from anxiety, furstration, anger, or just whatever. I was also EXTREMELY meticulous with everything I did, to the point of being OCD. I had to constantly check and re-check everything I did; that applies to everything. Turning the bathroom light off, making sure the fridge-door was shut.

When I started smoking cannabis, the first thing that I saw go was my sleepless nights. There is no better sleep-aid than cannabis, just plain and simple. I've been on Ambien, Lunesta, and a number of generic narcotic-sleep medicines. They work, but not very well, and I always felt groggy the next morning; and when I'd build a tolerance, they wouldn't work anymore, so I had to wait a week to sleep again.

With cannabis, I can just have a residual high, and still get right to bed when I want to; and I wake up more energized. That's a nice thing about not getting uber-baked; when you wake up, you actually feel wide awake. Or at least I did.

Casually, I saw my OCD, and anxiety start to slip away. I think this probably had more to do with the fact I was actually getting sleep than with cannabis.

So, in short, without cannabis, today I would probably be a nervous wreck, on the brink of snapping your neck, with a sleeping pill addiction.

<3 Mary Jane