Do you ever wish you were more outgoing/motivated?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Bella Désordre, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

Sometimes on warm nights like these I wish I was socially motivated enough to call someone up to go for a swim or to catch Sunday Open Mike.
    Around my period I use any excuse to stay home because I feel fat, lazy, not sexy, not up for dolling it up etc. I am never confident enough to inniate plans and because of that tend to give people the wrong impression. I am not busy, too good for others or a drag. I just feel VERY insecure during this time and I wish I could change that. I have a lot of people in my life who love me and as much as I want to reciprocate that I am not emotionaly availible to do so and I hate that!
    This turned into a little more info than I was going to dish out, but everyone needs to vent. So I hope you guys empathize instead of make fun of me!

2. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I think I'm too social as it is...

But I could use more motivation in life in general.

3. veroness

veroness There's only one :)

i could 100% be more motivated...and talk less

4. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

you can always try to set up something at your house, like a movie night with your girlfriends

or if you and your girlfriends are on the same umm..cycle, maybe a fondue night with chocolate and fruit.

i don't knwo,,,just throwing out some ideas

5. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

i wihs i was more motivated with school/work. outgoing, eh, ill clal my friends sometimes for going out but usually were all stupid busy

6. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

Just moving out of my townhouse kinda put brakes on wine and chocolate night and now I live uptown and the only other person close is Laurie and we can only hang when her ex has her kids.
    I need to move back to downtown!

7. I have been out for lunch/dinner/drinks about 7 days in a row, I have eaten extravagant unhealthy meals, drunk all manner of beer and I've been getting ready to fly to London tommorow. I feel like death itself.

FUCK motivation.

8. your posts are getting old too man maybe you're the depressing one:)

9. NightRose

NightRose idiosynractic rose

I have the motivation to become more extroverted if i wanna so, no.

10. i have this weird tendency to get really pissed off at people, but i don't want to blow up on them so i don't usually say anything. i wish i was a more angry person. :)

11. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

I feel the same exact way that time of the month. It's hard to want to do much of anything! But, once my hormones calm down, I'm back to my old self, so it's all good.

12. Smelly Socks

Smelly Socks is probably lurking

Sometimes I wish I were more outgoing and then I realize how much people suck and I snap out of it. :D

I think I'm just a loner by nature. I prefer to have a few very close friends versus having a bunch of acquaintances I can hardly remember the names of. Nothing's more awkward than having someone run up to you in the street and saying "Hi!", being all chummy and you standing there like a deer in the headlights searching your mental filing cabinets for a name.

I've been on both ends of that and it's uncomfortable all around.

I do wish I were more motivated though. I really could use a good kick in the ass with a really big steel toed boot.

13. ruski

ruski Senior Member

sometimes but then i think im happy how i am so fuck motivated people

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i wish i lived in a culture that did not styful and supress my real motivations.

and these have nothing to do with being more or less social

=^^=
    .../\...

15. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

That's exactly how I am.

16. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

I might benefit from being more motivated and outgoing but only if I used that energy selectively because as far as I'm concerned the vast majority of people aren't worth the time of day.

17. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I am very social and motivated... when it comes to fun stuff. I do wish I was more motivated when it comes to uni work but oh well... :tongue:

18. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

a lot information.. however i definitely wish i was more motivated and outgoing, it depends.. i can be a social butterfly and sometimes i can be a homebody/hermit.

19. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member

When you're alone
    and life is making you lonely
    You can always go -
    Downtown

When you've got worries,
    all the noise and the hurry
    seems to help, I know -
    Downtown

Just listen to the music
    of the traffic in the city,
    Linger on the sidewalks
    where the neon signs are pretty

How can you lose?

The lights are much brighter there,
    You can forget all your troubles,
    Forget all your cares, and go

Downtown
    Things'll be great when you're -
    Downtown
    No finer place for sure -
    Downtown
    Everything's waiting for you -
    (Downtown)

Hotwater :)

20. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Yes, sometimes I wish I wasn't as shy as I am but I think I have plenty of motivation.