Do you ever regret taking drugs?

Discussion in 'Drug Polls' started by Black_Lotus, Feb 7, 2012.

1. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

Nope, but I regret taking shit pills that left me up all night and a stomach that felt like shit. And getting too pissed.

2. peace music life

peace music life Member

No, drugs(particularly psychedelics in general) have made the greatest impact on me. I've learned so much and have truly seen every part of reality melt away, revealing what's truly beyond the doors of our everyday consciousness. It's interesting and entirely life changing in a positive manner(for me, anyways). I wouldn't be who I am today with these holy sacraments. Especially LSD and DMT. Even diliriants have made a somewhat impact on me. Of course, this is me, and everyone is different with different substances.

However, opiates, benzos, cocaine, amphetamines, and alcohol are all just a drugs to get fucked up on to me. Haven't touched those in a few years besides alcohol.

3. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

Regret taking?

yeah, some really sucked.. like pcp, stay away kids!...
    oh and belladonna, that was no fun...lets see...
    scopalamine, bad trip man...

ok, once I ate too much hash and couldn't go to work...
    uuhhh...

took some narly purple barrels once when I had a bad flu coming on..that was not a good decision.
    Talk about some disturbing body sensation/hallucinations...h'mewligackkkmflrt, lemme tell ya!

certainly had my share of regrettable booze experiences thats for sure lol

4. zombieboy

zombieboy Member

no
    drugs (even weed) helps me live
    i like to be experienced and is willing to take anything
    being high is a part of my life
    i cant make it a whole year completely sober

5. zombieboy

zombieboy Member

no. i remember taking speed at 17 and it kind of scared me because everything looked so bright and my heart was racing and i was just scared i thought i was going to die,. and i told my friend not to ever try speed.
    now, i really dont feel regretful for all the things i got high off of.
    i really enjoy drugs, including marijuana \m/

6. SatireOnFire

SatireOnFire Members

Nope. I dont regret taking any drugs. Just maybe the place where I was at.

7. Space_Trippin

Space_Trippin Banned

I was a heavy user of psilocybe cyanescens for years (man I need some now) I don't live near them so... but anyways, this was over a long period of time, since I had sooo much of it before and after. It just happened that it effected me more than any other time that evening. I got a full dose of "what am I doing why am I doing this what is going on..why am I still doing this" That night was the strangest night I ever had doing shrooms but I took it all in and it basically caved me in. It made me depressed more than I've ever been in my life.

I got over it and kept doing them and tripping but never had that night before or again!

8. Dirtywhitegirl

Dirtywhitegirl Members

The only times I regret even becoming a drug user is when I can't find any.

9. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I regret letting myself get into a position (more than once) where I was busted for weed - simple possession.

I do not regret a thing I've ever done regarding substances I've ingested, even when I had a hangover. Everything has contributed to who I am today, and I like myself. lol :) I don't like being busted though, so like so many other people - I regret being caught. :D

10. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

About the only drugs I ever regretted doing are alcohol and nicotine.

Alc because it used to make me act like a fool, and got me into trouble with the law, and when I was young, into bed with women to whom I wouldn't normally be at all attracted. And it's the old story of going on a binge, followed by repentance and avoidance until the next time. Fortunately for me I managed to stop drinking heavily, and now I only drink very occasionally, and then not very much.

Nicotine because it has impacted on my health after smoking for way too long, and even now I'm not entirely free of it.

I pretty much managed to avoid the really bad things. The only illegal drug - although it was still legal at the time I was doing it - which caused me to stop and ponder is ketamine. Not that I got into it on the scale where it causes health problems, but it left me feeling totally spaced out and disconnected from the world around me. I also found the experiences to be interesting but very fragmentary and somehow not satisfying.(probably due to the anaesthesia:)

Edit: it's not actually nicotine in and of itself that's the problem but all the other toxic things in tobacco smoke. The nicotine just serves to keep you addicted.

11. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

If I had to live my life over again, I'd do less coke in college. No other changes.

12. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I never really took drugs...

As far as I remember I always had to pay for them.

1 person likes this.
  13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I'll never regret pot, even if it does end up giving me early onset dementia

Gave up about 6 years ago for work, and nowadays it doesnt matter

But early 20s, I was just way too darn hyperactive, if it hadnt been for pot, I would have done far more stupidy things more often, some things perhaps leading to an early demise (especially involving motorcycles)

Lots of microdots in my twenties as well, I dont think that was a good idea, we'll see if I can remember my own name in twenty years

14. dj frogs

dj frogs Members

Not for a minute

15. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Members

No regrets, it is all life experience and part of who I am

16. youthereboy

youthereboy Members

When I was in the depths of my eating disorder, I would get Concerta 50 mg from a kid I knew and it was an amphetamine. It would speed up my system and gave me crazy heart palps. I hated it.

17. dawn_rhode

dawn_rhode Member

sometimes when i did them i screwed up different things i was doing in life and relationships and sometimes it made some of my relationships better so yes and no