do you die in your dreams?

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by nirmalamaya, May 28, 2007.

1. nirmalamaya

nirmalamaya Member

a friend of mine posted this on myspace and ive always wondered the same thing..

Have you ever died in your dreams?
    What does it feel like? Is there pain?
    How do you feel when you die(calm, scared, anxious etc..)
    Do you think dying for real would be much the same or different?
    What are some ways you've died?

Specific stories?

2. swazo

swazo i am amazing.

Awesome.

Everyone I have ever talked to has told me they have never died in their dreams.

I ALWAYS die in my dreams. It signals me to wake up. When I die I wake up.

Pain? There is no pain. It is a shock and you can feel it through your body, partly due to you waking up. I am a lot of the time scared, but not to the point where my dreams are ruined. I have died countless ways.

3. nirmalamaya

nirmalamaya Member

Heres my answers:

Have you ever died in your dreams? Yeah..not a lot..there are only a few times I can remember.
    What does it feel like? Is there pain? theres never been physical "pain" im having in or on my body at the time of the dream..but there is emotional pain..EXTREME emotional pain and strong feelings of sadness, fear, psychotic panic, but physically i feel a pressure as im dying.
    How do you feel when you die(calm, scared, anxious etc..)scared, i am still thinking as i am dying, very very very anxious and im panicking .
    Do you think dying for real would be much the same or different?i hope its different..i dunno..maybe the same? this is a strange question..i guess it would depend on the dream and the ways ive died...
    What are some ways you've died?:
    the worse two that i remember are as follows:
    the first one was the least frightening for me.
    I was outside, with my cousin kelley (boogher.com) and we were standing in a very mowed field, the grass was short..not big and uncut...standing next to two big silos, apparently just hanging out. In the next moment, someone had dropped an atomic bomb and I knew thats what happened...I felt the ground violently shake beneath my feet but nothing blew up..everything just stopped and in slow motion i began falling to the ground, losing feeling in my body..knowing that an atomic bomb had been dropped and i was dying. i got heavier and heavier as i hit the ground..i saw myself hit the ground..and i woke up.
    the second one really freaked me out.
    it was quick, but seemed like forever. i got shot and i was on the ground...the pressure i felt in my chest area (where i got shot) was immense and i could feel my heart pounding heavily but slowly..and it got slower...and slower..and i was holding my chest, crying hysterically but i wasnt screaming or anything, i was also crying in real life and woke up crying, but my breathing also got slow, i felt my heart stop beating and wondered when i was going to die since my heart wasnt beating anymore then i stopped breathing....then nothing..and i woke up sweating like crazy and crying. it was a bad bad dream. i was extremely scared in my dream and my mind was racing. there was no "life passing before my eyes" just fear and the knowledge that i was dying.

4. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

nope... if anything.. i get to the point where i'm going to die and wake up.. the adrenaline rush is fuckin amazing... and you fall back asleep so peacefully

5. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

If you die in your dream and don't wake up, you die in real life. I've never died in my dreams, that I know of. If had the sensation that I was GONNA die in my dreams, but I never actually did.

6. jimi420

jimi420 Member

not try topnotch. i died in a dream and it kept going this is my dream as it happened:

basically i got into an argument with this guy and he pulled out a gun and shot me in the head.. every thing turned white.. not like the end of a tunnel white light or whatever it was like a camera flash. and then the rrest of my dream i was walking around basically as a ghost and i was really sad because i couldnt hug my mom. aw how sad lol

7. Hamfoot

Hamfoot Member

I either wake up right before I die in a dream or whatever was supposed to kill me doesn't as if I'm invincible. One dream I had I was picked up by a gang or something and they took me down to the docks in a car. They opened up the car door on my side, pushed me out then shot me, but I didn't feel any pain at all, just the feeling of the bullet passing through me. Then I was trying to compromise seeing how long I could last but they all started shooting me repeatedly but alas I never died.

8. praying4peace

praying4peace Member

ive never acually died in my dreams... but ive been to the point where im about to then i wake up.

never get there. i dont want to either.
    im just too afraid that il think its real. i hate nightmares.

god do i hate them

peace

9. nirmalamaya

nirmalamaya Member

yeah ive actually died in my dreams..as far as i know im still living but..i might be wrong :(

10. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

I hardly ever remember my dreams, but yeah, I've died in them before...usually in a really dramatic way.

11. gaum

gaum Elephant Orgy

i doubt it

12. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

i got stepped on by a dinosaur one time. usually if i die, i'll wake up paralyzed for a few minutes. forget what that's called though...

13. TravisBruner

TravisBruner Member

When i die in my dreams it verys...one dream i remember very well i was in a bar and some guy was being an asshole to a girl and i got up and punched him in the face then he knifed me...remind you this was a dream...but i felt tingly where he stabed me at anyway i layed there and looked at the girl and she had turned into a parking meter and then i jumped and woke up with a shock...witch normally would have happend when i got stabed...

14. Chaseman80

Chaseman80 Member

this is exactly how I am...you get a shock and ill be sweating most of the time and ill wake up and just sit there and think over the dream and how weird it was.usually if its a nightmare I die...thats just how it is.