Do you belong to a political party?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Kiz, Jan 19, 2005.

?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Kiz

Kiz Member

2. al_from_mn

al_from_mn Member

Yes, I consider myself as part of the Democratic party. Although we don't have party registration here in MN, I am the caucus chair of my precinct, so that must count for soething :p I also volunteered for Kerry and interned on a MN house campaign. We kicked ass in MN; the Dems took back 13 house seats, which is unheard of, and Kerry won here by twice as much as Gore did. Voters here sent a clear message: Minnesotans are pissed.

3. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

I'm a registered independent right now, but i may change to democrat because in pittsburgh the democratic primaries for mayor determine who the mayor is. although the republicans have been coming up, they almost got 30% of the vote or something last time.

4. kindwoman

kindwoman Sista Golden Hair

I don't belong to a political party because I really don't like any of their beliefs.

5. hayduke_lives5447

hayduke_lives5447 Sancho

I don't belong to one right now, Don't know if I ever will.

6. RevoMystic

RevoMystic Member

I don't belong to either major corporate party. And even if I did call myself a democrat or republican...would that actually mean that I'm *PART* of it? It's like Yankee fans saying "WE're gonna win this one!". Who's we?

The only party I'm a member of is WOODSTOCK NATION.

7. Mui

Mui Senior Member

8. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

I'm a registered Green... but I don't vote with the party. I vote for who I think has the best qualifications.

Yay for third parties winning positions from the Nov. election in Washingotn.

9. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I am not registered with any party. I am an independent, though my politics are mostly libertarian.

10. gertie

gertie Senior Member

i think they are both corrupt. i attempt to maintain a independent perspective from the mindnumbing, brainwashing powers they try to harbor.

11. al_from_mn

al_from_mn Member

The ten largest donors to Kerry were all colleges and universities. Nader actually had a larger percentage of campaign contributions from corporations than Kerry did. Get your facts straight.

Alex

12. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

No, I think you need to get YOUR facts straight. TWO of the largest ten doners to Kerry's campaign were universities. The following eight were corporations and US gov't:

http://www.opensecrets.org/presidential/contrib.asp?id=N00000245&cycle=2004

Let's not forget the $51 million that Kerry pocketed, that was left over from his campaign.... money which he could have spent TRYING TO WIN.

13. dedhead95

dedhead95 The Wizard of Rhythm

me neither, I find all government is a waste of time

14. acetonephish

acetonephish lickage

Although I can't vote yet, I consider myself a member of the democratic party, incase you couldn't tell by my Kerry sigs and my retired "Proud Democrat" sig. :p
    But I do get to vote in the next presidential election.
    Barack Obama for president!! :D
    Although I doubt he would win if he ran, although hed be one of the best candidates, because, whadya know? He's african american, and it seems to me that electing an african-american, no matter how intelligent they are, won't happen until women have just as much as a chance of winning. And when will that be? 4946598639865620503639628129570173 years.
    Grr. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic. =(
    I want someone with brains to be in office. Oh my, I've just said the impossible. but anyway.... as america gradually begins to grow more retarded, we're going to keep electing people like
    [​IMG]

APOCALYPSE NOW!

15. cutelildeadbear

cutelildeadbear Hip Forums Gym Rat

Many of you already know that I'm a Green Party member. While I really do weigh issues and consider all when voting, I really do believe in the Green Party and support it every chance that I get. I'm really proud of how it has grown and wish for it to get better as time goes on.

16. USNavyDeadHead

USNavyDeadHead Member

I am a registered Democrat but you wont ever see me vote "straight ticket". I was a volunteer for the Ross Perot Campaign back in college. I vote for who I beleve will do the best job.

17. RevoMystic

RevoMystic Member

I can see that Snap Crackle and Pop has a little stick up his little arse.
    I wasn't making any specific comparisons of the republicans vs. democrats or any 3rd parties. I was stating that both major parties (the 2 party monopoly) are direct subsidiaries of major corporations. I didn't even bring up Nader or 3rd parties! Kerry and the democrats DO get contributions from universities, etc. But does that shut out the fact that they are also bolstered by corporate funds and donations? I've done my fair share of research and reading on how both major parties are NOT of or for the working class of this country, and the progressive wing of the democratic party is generally EXCLUDED from final decision making. Did Kerry or the democrats question the legitimacy of Bush's "victory" or the questions surrounding voter intimidation and fraud? I think not, my friend. Please get YOUR facts straight before accusing me of not doing so.

A book I'd strongly recommend is aptly called "When Corporations Rule the World" by David C. Korten. It's basically an expose on the corporate drive to global empire. The title is perhaps a little too blunt, as to make it seem laughable, however for the sake of accuracy, the title proves eerily appropriate. It came out in 2001, before 9-11, but is still relevant, obviously.

18. Gravy_Train_Gilmour

Gravy_Train_Gilmour Member

holy crap that is an ignorant statement. by not participating in gov't, and yet still enjoying the benefits of a US citizen, you have given your tacit consent to whatever goes on here.

and don't say you think we should do away with government altogether. it's not even worth arguing, on your part.

19. RevoMystic

RevoMystic Member

Gravytrain, do you have a point to make? I'd be interested in knowing what it is.

20. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Party's are just systems competing to divide the nation between them.

I don't really care who gets the biggest chunk.

I'm Independent... although philosophically, I'm mostly a libertarian.