Do you believe in UFO's? Flying Saucers? Aliens?

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Gangster19, Oct 10, 2020.

?

Do You Believe Aliens from Other Planets, Exist?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Maybe

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. JPN2

JPN2 Supporters HipForums Supporter

The Germans experimented with saucer shaped aircraft. The Reds and the West continued after the war. No, I do not believe in aliens.

~Zen~ likes this.
  2. curiousbear

curiousbear Senior Member

I do not believe in UFO and aliens. But US immigration calls me an alien lol. But I am fascinated by alien stories and movies. But most are so limited by human perception.

~Zen~ and Eric! like this.
  3. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

~Zen~ likes this.
  4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i believe in billions of worlds on which life is totally alien to each other of them.
    i do not believe in going half way across the galaxy for lunch.
    but i do believe in scientific curiosity not being limit to the inhabitants merely one or a handful of them.

Candy Gal and ~Zen~ like this.
  5. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Wise thoughts indeed :)

Candy Gal likes this.
  6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

If you consider the diversity of life forms on planet Earth and how different they are from each other, they could be considered alien life forms in relation to humans and each other.

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

absolutely true, but consider on top of that, that for each of them, there are as many other worlds, orbiting other suns in other solar systems, on which, each that does harbor life, has also itself as great a diversity of life forms. and on those were sapience does evolve, it may as likely do so from one as from another.

MeAgain likes this.
  8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i believe in the goodness of the reality of the diversity of the possible, and in the goodness of the unknown being unknown, which neither prevents nor requires the existence of anything.
    (that goes for "magic" too, which i tend to think of as psionics rather then anything to do with individual non-physical personages)
    as mentioned, existence, and one's "knowledge"/speculation of that existence, are two very different things. it is very possible that we are being watched clandestinely for the sake of their own security by the rest of the universe, because of the danger of our cultures of behavior to ourselves and everything else. and it is almost inevitable that there are other looking people on other life bearing planets in other solar systems, but equally unlikely, for other then their own and their neighbor's security, to find any particular interest in our world or species.

9. JonJRR88

JonJRR88 Members

Note: we have aircraft that can disperse detecting sound waves / radar.

lesser known, but also quite real, we have the ability, to a limited extent, to not only disperse sound, but light as well.

For some small objects, we can "bend light" around them. So if there is a box 10 feet ahead, it will simply not appear in our vision.

We are probably, oh, 100 or so years from being able to make planes invisible using this technology.

If alien aircraft can bend light and sound, they could easily be entirely undetectable. We ourselves are only maybe 100 years from being able to do this.

then, if the aliens have a portable device, that would make them, personally, invisible.

So the ability for some beings to be among us, entirely without detection, is in the reach of our technology in the not too distant future, much less some advanced technological civilization.

But if they come for my Butterfinger, or my Doritos and beer...there is gonna be trouble. I am not having that...at all.

10. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

I like your bottom line :)

Eric! likes this.
  11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

fuzzy lights in the sky are real fuzzy lights in the sky, which can be caused by so many familiar things, that they're almost not worth considering in this context.

show me something of a complexity obviously requiring intelligent construction, of a NON aerodynamic form, floating in mid air, the way bricks don't,
    THEN i will be VERY interested.

DrRainbow likes this.
  12. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

I'm glad you asked. Travis Walton and his 5 friends all passed lie detector tests swearing to a UFO incident that authorities have not been able explain to this day. That is proof enough of something to me.

hotwater likes this.
  13. Josephinelcajon

Josephinelcajon Joseph

90% are advanced military aircraft. IF they do exist they would stay farm away from us! "Dont go near the idiots" says the sign at the edge of our galaxy.

JPN2, DrRainbow and Alice in SC like this.
  14. Alice in SC

Alice in SC Senior Member

15. DrRainbow

You're absolutely right. They get fined, jailed and shamed on tv for their stupidity.

Josephinelcajon likes this.
  16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

lie detector test are notoriously unreliable, for a number of reasons. i have never denied, nor will i, that the unknown is unknown.
    by the same token, that it owes nothing to what people tell each other to pretend they know about it.

current humanity's dominant values and perspectives for the past several hundred years
    (and they are not biological imperatives) are an extremely real and legitimate reason for the rest of the universe to not trust us.

the anthropologis margret mead, sometime in the 1920s-30s, i think it was, deserves credit, for star trek's "prime directive".

DrRainbow likes this.
  17. DrRainbow

I never knew that about the tests. I really believed that sealed the deal.

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

they show how much the subject reacts to the questions by monitoring certain conditions, but the interpretation of these reactions depend upon human interpretation, and some people are able to some degree to control their bodily reactions.

DrRainbow likes this.
  19. DrRainbow

Has Santa ever reported a U.F.O?

20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there's that thing norad does every year, or at least the last i heard, they were still doing so.
    (furst herd about that when i was in the air force fifty years ago, its been mentioned on tv several times since)

DrRainbow likes this.