Do you believe in UFO's? Flying Saucers? Aliens?

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Gangster19, Oct 10, 2020.

?

Do You Believe Aliens from Other Planets, Exist?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Maybe

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Gangster19

Gangster19 Members

Do you believe? Do you "want" to believe? Or have you actually seen something? I am on a "flying saucer" kick here lately. I'm currently reading a number of books including "The Hynek Report" by Dr. J. Allen Hynek of Project Blue Book and Close Encounters fame. I'm also reading Edward J. Ruppelt's "Report On Flying Saucers" the Unedited 1956 edition and "Flying Saucers Are Real" by Donald Keyhole.

DrRainbow and Eric! like this.
  2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

not sure what believing in has to do with. i believe in everything except the need for anything to be infallable, have the slightest desire to be feared, or owe anything to what we tell each other.
    just as far from there to here as it is from here to there, and its a hellofa long way from here to anywhere, as in multiple lifetimes from here to almost anywhere.

people evoled on other worlds who look nothing like us and have no reason to, sure, absolutely no reason why not.
    any of them showing up here, for reasons mentioned above, possible but unlikely.
    robotic probes sent by people from other worlds in other solar systems, very possible.

most sightings probably the eye misinterpreting something familiar from and unfamiliar angle,
    but just as probably not all. robotic probes most likely explanation for observed behavior of such objects, other the results of optical effects.

so definately people who don't look like us on worlds circling other suns.
    visiting us in person, possible but not likely, robotic probes sent by them, actually not as unlikely.

i belive nothing has to be known in order to exist, and nothing that exists has to gratify our ego's unwillingness to admit its ignorance.

3. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

I do believe in UFO'S
    I do believe in ALIEN'S, which obviously one would have to compliment the other.

Off topic:
    In addition to these ^ , I also believe in encounters of the 4th kind. Abduction

Double Off topic:
    Ancient civilizations believed in all 3, as they depicted them in their stone work art

I think Palmer said it best.......
    v​
    20201011_192727.jpg
    20201011_192629.jpg

Eric! and hotwater like this.
  4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i believe there are better looking people in this universe then humans. even if they look more like cats, or ferrets or foxes, and have more or fewer appendages.

(ancient civilizations had better imaginations then modern fanatics give them credit for.
    if you've got hundreds of years to build something, or just keep at it, generation after generation, however long it takes, you don't need to borrow an alien's tool box to do so.)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    Gangster19 likes this.
  5. Gangster19

Gangster19 Members

Yes Ive read Von Daniken's work too

6. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I certainly think there is life elsewhere in the universe....some more intelligent, some less. But as far asUFOs etc, that life is likely different than we believe and stranger than we can even imagine.

themnax likes this.
  7. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

We have been programmed in a singular version of rational materialism . We are
    not actually the ultimately intelligent native life-form . There exist creatures of the
    Light . Orbs perhaps , and commonly witnessed .

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i believe in everything except anything owing anything to what humans tell each other.
    nor that any one world or species is the reason for the existence of anything other then itself.

aliens are ourselves in a different life, on different worlds, looking different because life evolves independently in accordance with the nature of the world on which it does.
    (mind and culture are independent of physical appearance also)

billions of solar systems, each averaging one planet in its zone where life is likely to occur.
    too far apart for very many people to be likely to meet those from other worlds then their own,
    but robotic probes are not unlikely and one possible means of immunity to inertial effects.

alien never means just one thing. it simply means other.
    and other, you know, it takes many different kinds of flowers to make a beautiful garden.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

But was Palmer already taken over by the Thing before he made that grand statement?

Eric! likes this.
  10. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

I say Palmer was already turned to the thing.
    Tossin' his dirty drawers in the kitchen trash can, found by Nauls.

Eric! and hotwater like this.
  11. Dax

Dax Members

I always thought everyone did. How the hell else did we get here?

12. Gangster19

Gangster19 Members

I never understood why his dirty drawers were dirty! Did it make him shit himself?

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  13. Gangster19

Gangster19 Members

Well some people think we were "created" by something!

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

or evolved in place, which is why people from different worlds aren't always even recognizable as people to people from other worlds then their own.

evolution is the automating of the process of creating, because if you had the means and imagination to create universes,
    would you really want to spend forever attaching each and every hair on each and every cat?

also belief doesn't have anything to do with it. its just a hellofa long way from anyplace to anyplace that has an environment that can sustain life, let alone sapient life. further away then anyone can live long enough to get there and back in their own natural lifetime.

which doesn't make impossible, there are ways around that, although the only one we know of for sure yet we don't have a way of doing. and that's why ever running into anyone from a world in another solar system, isn't real likely. not at all impossible, but not real likely.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  15. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

About 62 years ago, I woke up one night and saw a bright light in the predawn Eastern sky. And it was moving in an erratic motion. I woke up my parents and neighbors and we stood in the August darkness watching the light but it’s motion had ceased. After some time they said the light actually seemed like Venus. Several years later in an aerial photo interpretation class I discovered that I didn’t have binocular vision and alternated eyes based on distance. The realization came that the motion of my UFO years before was caused by my alternating eyes thru the screen looking at Venus. My conclusion is that there are lots of sightings of UFOs but there are also lots of explanations besides alien pilots.
    Doesn’t mean it’s impossible either, but lots and lots of other possibilities to consider.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  16. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

And it could have been either Palmer, Norris, or Blair, who stuck MacReady’s drawers in the oil furnace

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  17. Gangster19

Gangster19 Members

Macready didnt wear drawers!! He went Commado!!

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

whether or not we were created by something (intentionally), we were not the only thing something created and we are not the only thing everything else was created for.
    and why, other then the pettyness of our egos wanting it all to have been for us, would it be?

19. pixiepoodle

pixiepoodle Members

I believe in blue aliens, not quite sure about the green ones.

20. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

If by UFO's you mean Alien Spacecrafts, then no I do not believe. A part of me would like to believe but the distances between habitable planets seems so absurdly vast that I just cannot wrap my head around an advanced species with the capability to traverse such distances yet only have minimal capability to signal their arrival.