Do you believe in signs?

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Deidre, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I think I do believe in signs.

2. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

Of course I believe in signs. I see them every time I drive. In fact I live right next to a stop sign. What a silly question.

3. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

You might be right. I’ve heard this before and the idea is growing on me.

4. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Pretend there’s a stop sign in this thread. ;)

Maccabee and McFuddy like this.
  5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Halt!

Maccabee likes this.
  6. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Cease & desist!

Maccabee likes this.
  7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

8. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I believe in signs. Each person (I think) has different signs that mean something special to them...by special I mean it shouldn't be ignored.

When I've denied signs I really could clearly see, and believed (in my heart) were signs - I lived to regret ignoring them each time.

Irminsul likes this.
  9. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Yes I believe in signs. Nature is a language that you can learn to read. For me it's all part of the cosmic holistic Universal ordering principle. It makes sense to me. But there's a lot of misleading junk in there too that can lead you down the wrong path. Sometimes it can throw you a curve-ball.

10. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Are you able to apply what you see in nature to your own life, or is this understanding more abstract and existential than that?

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

There's a lady in a black coat, I often call her Zorya, she visits me occasionally in dreams. I never get to speak to her she's just in the distance. I take her as a warning, though her presence is ultra comforting in those dreams, I take her as a sign that something significant is about to happen in my life and without fail, something does. The last time I saw her I was just about to get married, before that I ended up with a really bad fever, before that I saw her I had major horse riding accident and before that I saw her, I packed my life away from another country and decided on a new life.

I only ever seen her those few times and it's not like my dreams are about anything for her to even show up, she just does. I'll notice her. And I feel this longing emotion, that I love her, and I need to get to her. I got close once, I ran to her but no matter how close I got she was still distant just gazing at me. She never speaks. She is very pale complexion, long straight jet black hair and the black cloak.

She reminds me of The Lady In Black song, by Uriah Heap but this one doesn't talk to me.

12. Amethyst87F

Amethyst87F JesF35

Definitely. - I've witnessed several.

13. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

No. I don't believe in signs or that drivel people spout to each other about how 2 year old Timmy got cancer because God wants another angel in heaven.

In my opinion, the world is chaos and people should just do what they want (as long as it's not hurting people) because horrible shit is going to happen no matter what. You might as well enjoy your life in any way that you have the ability to control.

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

"sign sign, everywhere a sign, messin up the scenery messin with my mind..."

i believe in doors and windows of opportunity opening and closing.

invisible forces move in deniable ways, i'll put it that way. that's why babel fish are kind of hard to find.

if that sounds inconclusive, that's because it is.

15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

then there was the day a bird fell out of the sky and landed on my hood. it was an omen pigeon.

GLENGLEN and Driftrue like this.
  16. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

yes

Pigs are a bad omen if you meet one immediately after getting married

17. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

the other day the motorway matrix signs were flashing " Surface water on Road slow 60 " It was a blue sky and glorious Sunshine ?

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

worse if one is flying over the top of your car at the time.

19. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member