Do you believe in reincarnation?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by interval_illusion, Jan 11, 2005.

1. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

I do.

Do you remember anything from a past life? Probably the best way to think about this is to think of when you were under the age of 5... did you have any weird memories or recurring dreams? Under I was five years old I used to have night terrors a lot about me getting run over by an eighteen wheeler so I'm thinking this is probably how I died in my previous life.

2. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I'm unsure..although I have had reoccuring dreams, or nightmares really, my whole life.

One involves being at home and having to run away and hide from an army, the other involves this house where all sorts of terrifying things have happened in this one weird room....its odd because sometimes the house will be incorporated into a a seemingly different dream....for instance, sometimes I'm right in this room, and others I just know the house is on that hill in the distance.

The army one has made me wonder about a past life in Europe during the Holocaust/Nazi era

3. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Nope.
    Do you believe in magic?

4. interval_illusion

yes, i think so.

5. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I'm a Buddhist... but no, no I don't.

I think everything we've got is right now.

Even if there is reincarnation it doesn't matter to me... If I can't take my thoughts and memories and emotions with me, its not that important to me, I'm concerned with right now.

6. hiro

hiro pursue it

I believe in reincarnation.

7. goldmund

goldmund Member

Some early Christians believed in reincarnation (they called it the "transmigration of souls). Origen, probably the most famous of these, was one of the most important Christian theologians of all time.

8. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I believe Bug-Man will be reincarnated again. [​IMG]

9. interval_illusion

yep, christians USED to believe in reincarnation....

10. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Yes for both Magick and Reincarnation.

11. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

I'm not sure if I do or don't. When I think about how we got here, the Universe, the Galaxy, I think anything is possible.

I have strange dreams. I've never really had one about a reaccuring past life. I always have them being in the here and and now, give or take a few years. I can't stand the dreams where I wake up and have anxiety attacks. Those suck.

12. interval_illusion

yeah and the dreams i was talking about...recurring and all, should be before the age of 5, except in extreme cases... like if you had a very dramtic past life or death or do a lot of meditating and such on it....

the reason i say before age five is because by that time... memories from the previous life should be fleeting.

13. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

I'm not sure how I stand on this one

14. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I hate everyone who spells magic with a 'k'. Thats public schooling for 'ya.

15. goldmund

goldmund Member

I think reincarnation exists, but not in the way religions or their mystics have imagined it. I don't believe that our soul is somehow transported to another animal or human being born or concieved at that particular moment.
    However, I do believe that our body mass should be returned to the earth, where it will feed the grass and plants around, which in turn is eaten by various critters, and on up! In that way, we are brought into the lives of many living things.
    One quick point of interest: if souls are energy, according to the 3rd Law of Thermodynamics = energy cannot be created or destroyed (i think that's the 3rd one, right?) So where does the energy of souls come from and where does it go?

16. TheChaosFactor

TheChaosFactor Senior Member

yes I do. I was too mean in my first life and now I've been reincarnated as a horses ass.

17. goldmund

goldmund Member

lol

18. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Somehow I don't believe Public schools teach that spelling.

You'll Survive.
    You may even become familiar w/the Subject.

No, I'm not holding my breath...

19. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

Yes I believe in reincarnation. I used to have weird dreams about tornadoes when I was younger. About being helpless and picked up by one. Running from one... always in the same place too but I don't know that place in this life. I've been told by a psychic I have past life baggage from my last life which is interfering with this one. Supposibly I was a an abused wife and my insecurities about having a relationship and love in this life is affected by that. Being told that has actully helped a little and I'm getting over it. It is weird because I remeber as I was growing up I never thought highly of myself even though my parents told me all the time how much they loved me and thought I was beautiful. To this day I can't see myself this way and I doubt I'll ever beable to comment on myself positively but I'm trying... who knows! lol

20. interval_illusion

well, try to understand that if that is truly the reason for that all- and only you know that...

you are blessed. :)

use the knowledge you get in the only that only your inner-self knows how....