Do you believe in magic?

Discussion in 'Psychic' started by teh tripster, Jun 17, 2011.

1. dormouse

dormouse Member

i quit messing with spell casting when doing so created around me a specific vibe. i lived in New Orleans so every time i turned around some coven was trying recruit me or there was some witch who wanted to play gun slinger to test their skills against mine. it got tedious and i was just playing around anyway.

2. Mothman

Mothman Senior Member

I couldn't have said it better in regards to "The Secret". Sounds like I need to look for Choquette's book on Amazon or Ebay.

3. zengizmo

zengizmo Ignorant Slut HipForums Supporter

Interesting offshoot of that line of intent, maybe :D

4. tuesdaystar

tuesdaystar Interneter

I tend to not believe or disbelieve in things

I am conscious of the limitations of my perception

My experiences have hinted at truth to all manner of phenomena, including magic, mysticism, prophecy, shapeshifting, etc.

I take nothing for granted

5. windy

windy Member

Creative Visualization by Gawain was my "bible" for awhile. I still take a look at it once in awhile. I'll have to take a look for Choquettes' book.

6. HermanDaVermin

HermanDaVermin Banned

Dang, ya beat me to it :p
    anyway.........

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o89iKsKw19M&feature=related

The second I read the thread title, the song started playing in my head. :)

7. zengizmo

It happens to me every damn time I look at this thread. :D And then it stays with me the rest of the day.

8. HermanDaVermin

HermanDaVermin Banned

I guess our age is showing, considering we both can remember when that song was new. I remember my older sister playing Loving Spoonful as well as many others. Guess they stuck with me.:)

9. zengizmo

Summer in the City...

10. windy

windy Member

I couldn't have said it better.

I know I posted this a few years back on this forum but it's worth repeating. When I first started dabbling in the "arts" I was engaged to this guy but it wasn't working out and I wanted to end it. Well I am one of those, how you say, wouldn't say shit if her mouth was full of it kinda people and couldn't tell him I wanted to break it off. So I thought I would put my new-found "art" to the test to see if it would work. Well I started "sending" him all sorts of negative nasty stuff to see if I could just drive him away and bang! it hits me like a ton of bricks. I got so ill all I could do was rock back and forth and moan. I thought that this must be what it feels like to be poisoned. And I suppose I was. I've never been sick like that before or since. Never did anything like that again. I was simply hoping he would get this vague "gee I don't think I want to be with her anymore" feeling. Somebody told me afterwards that I got off easy.

11. dormouse

dormouse Member

well, everyOne in the Quarter "crafts". all the folks with whom i lived "crafted" so i was just ... you know ... being in with the crowd. lol problem was i was just a little dippy hippy lighting candles and waving some incense around. i didn't realize how those invisible pool balls would ricochet all over the Quarter and set off chain reactions concerning people i didn't even know ... yet. oops!

it's weird when people you've never met recognize you for no apparent reason.
    the French Quarter is a really strange place.

12. dormouse

dormouse Member

lol i think i still feel reverberations now and then from those New Orleans witch wars. truth be told ... i didn't even know there was a war going on. i was just playing until someone whose attack i had mirrored back got hurt ... badly. just a coincidence, i suppose but the experiment in intentional energy manipulation wasn't fun or interesting anymore. i left N.O. not long after that.

13. zengizmo

"Just a coincidence" - could be. There was a coincidence in my life once, too - I didn't use any candles, incense, or incantations, just pure, focused evil intent. I wonder if that's one of the things I'm leveling karma for now...

14. Flare88

Flare88 Member

The back story is I was dating this guy who had been been studying different psychic abilities a while back. We used to fight like crazy. We were at this gym and having another argument and he directed his angry energy at this exercise bike near me. It lifted and fell to the ground. It was by far the craziest thing ever. The other people in the gym saw it happen. It was like no ones brain could comprehend it. Everyone stopped what they were doing for a second. then just went back to what they were doing. Everyone must have thought they were seeing things lol. He had these weird energy beings following him around. So it might have been them who lifted it. Call me crazy but I used to see them.

15. dormouse

dormouse Member

i guess it would depend on what invoked your ire to the point of focusing evil intent. maybe your target needed his/her karma leveled.

i don't really believe in "karma". at least not the way it's been presented to me over there years. too many truly nasty people too often get rewarded for being nasty while truly good people too often get kicked in the teeth for the "what goes around comes around" meme to be true. and PFFFT! on "past lives" and linier reincarnation. not only is that concept tedious beyond belief but for individuals to have to pay the karma for acts they never actually performed doesn't sound like a balancing agent to me.

16. zengizmo

Call me crazy too, but two friends and I once had some fun making an electric lamp cord jump by directing energy at it. Thanks, Flare - I needed to see a story like this - helps confirm my own crazy experiences.

I've never seen anything like "energy beings," though. You saw them? Can you describe what that was like?

17. zengizmo

I dunno, dormouse, I think what I did was purely evil. And I'll leave aside the whole question of karma for now, cuz frankly: How the hell would I know? And: Would it make what I did any less evil?

The man died. He apparently had a brain aneurysm that ruptured one day, sometime around when I was directing my psychic bile at him.

I would say he didn't deserve to die. But he hurt my baby boy. When I say it like that, it might tend to sound like he was a bad person. But if I tell you that he was a doctor, then it probably puts a different perspective on things. The thing is: Without asking permission, he performed a procedure on our infant son that was (1) totally unnecessary and (2) something neither my wife nor I wanted him to do, and as a result our baby shrieked in pain, and I was concerned he might have inflicted lasting damage.

I suppose you might be able to imagine how a father might feel when someone does something to his week-old child like that. I didn't react immediately, but I let it gnaw at me, and I nurtured it, and later, at home, I let it consume me completely. In my mind I was totally out of control.

And I can't give the excuse that I didn't know what I was doing, that I didn't realize I could actually have an effect with my mind. I will say that I was surprised to hear that the doctor had died. I had not expected to have that much of an effect. But in retrospect, I would say that my rage was incredibly intense and focused, and I wanted very badly to hurt him. Nobody could prove that it was my intent that killed him, including me. But I think I know.

Whatever you might believe about "past lives" makes no difference in this instance, at least with regard to my own actions. This was an evil action I performed within this lifetime. Maybe there's a spiritual consequence for that. I kinda think there might be. And in my mind last night, my spirit guide Deanna was telling me very gently, "I'm sorry. I love you. But I need to pay you back for things you've done to other people."

18. windy

windy Member

oh zen, i'm so sorry. :(

19. dormouse

dormouse Member

okay , zen. (((hugs)))

20. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

You did get off easy! LOL - and it just took once to find "that" out, huh...poor stupid dude. haha