Do you believe in hate?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by Nebacanezer, Apr 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nebacanezer

Nebacanezer Member

We are all wounded. We all suffer. Often we look up and see the hate in the people who hurt us, or attempt to control us. That hate flows onto us as an energy that we can sometimes feel. Is it ever justifiable to you to return that hate?

2. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

i really don't like my ex, that's it, i don't hate anyone otherwise.

you know what they say, "i wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire"

i don't dislike her that much, i'm kind enough to instead throw her in a river... perhaps attached to a breeze block.

3. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

No, I believe in love. I find it too exhausting to hate. Hating back someone who hates you, in my opinion, would only promote hate while disrupting peace.

4. Goldsurf

Goldsurf Member

it is possible, in fact it's wonderful ( if you are able to distnguish between) hating the things that someone says or does and hating the person themselves.......many people cant make that separation...

5. The Imaginary Being

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw24BjNsnkw"]YouTube - Explosive or Implosive?

you're the cashier.

6. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

i believe in hate...nort a hater myself but i know they are out there..i scold kids for using the word 'hate'...it is a very strong word and should be reserved for appropriate situations...not ''i hate broccoli''...more like..''I hate world hunger''...that kind of thing

7. Nebacanezer

Nebacanezer Member

I agree. Nice to meet you.

8. stonk

stonk Member

Yes. If someone is holding a knife at my guts I believe I am justified in kicking them in the testicles and breaking their hand with a lump of wood

9. Plasticfantasticlover

Plasticfantasticlover Member

I believe that people can hate, Hate a lot. But, I know I'm incapable of hate. Hate takes too much work. Love is easy, Simple.

10. lovelyxmalia

lovelyxmalia Banana Hammock Lifetime Supporter

I agree with all of the posts here.

I do believe hate exists and some people truly live with deep hatred inside of them. I feel like my brother is like that sometimes and it hurts to see him hate so much...

But I can not hate. I have been beaten and bruised and destroyed like everyone else on this planet, but I can't say I hate anyone who did those things to me...they made me stronger

11. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Because hate must be justified, it is easy to miss the fact that hate is an appeal for love.

12. Nebacanezer

Nebacanezer Member

That isn't hate, that's simply self defense.

13. Nebacanezer

Nebacanezer Member

I agree. But the question is more to whether you feel justified to return the hate, in lieu of the love that is lacking.

14. Nebacanezer

Nebacanezer Member

Nicely put. I quite agree, with the exception that I am aware that I can in fact hate, I make the choice not to.

15. The Imaginary Being

under any given circumstance, you wont hate anybody?

with all due respect, doesn't that compromise your pride? or to put it bluntly, make you a push over?

it doesn't seem healthy to let people walk over you.

16. lovelyxmalia

lovelyxmalia Banana Hammock Lifetime Supporter

This is a very good way of looking at it. How I see it, though, is that it takes so much unnecessary energy to hate someone. I'd much rather ignore someone I dislike than waste my energy hating them and dealing with them.

17. Nebacanezer

Nebacanezer Member

No, I have experienced hating people in the past. I learned from it, and what I learned was there is no benefit to returning hate with hate. Beyond the expending of energy, simply giving in to the feeling of hate can lead one into even more pain - in fact the hate that you accept can then spread from you and put others in the same position of possibly being infected by it. So I actively choose not to hate.

Now, I'm not sure I'm actually due any respect - thank you, though - but it in fact does not make me a push over. I don't allow myself to be abused, and I will defend myself to the last, but not from hate. From love of self. Allowing someone to walk all over you, in my experience, usually tends to come from self-hate. Herein lies the danger of hating. At first it may seem to be justified, an eye for an eye or fight fire with fire, whatever justification an individual creates for them self. Then after the emotion has run its course, often you now have actions that were driven by hate that may come with regret. It's the eternal struggle of all of us to let go of things, and regrets leading to self-hate can be the hardest to let go of. But the path we walk is self-directed, even though it may seem like we are herded a certain way, it only seems like that.

If a bully harasses you, punch him in the mouth. Not because you hate him, but because it'll make him think twice before he bothers you again. Who ever know how the person hating on you got to where they are, but I wouldn't suggest taking that hate and passing it on...

18. The Imaginary Being

you can't switch off emotions.

19. Nebacanezer

Nebacanezer Member

Is hate just an emotion? Or is it a choice in action caused by a combination of other emotions such as pain, disappointment, fear, anger, sadness, distrust, dislike, disgust...and so on. Just because someone bothers you or makes you uncomfortable, or even does a lot of things that really hurt you, where's the line between feeling painful emotions and choosing to hate them?

20. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

If the measure we give is the measure we receive the only thing that can be absent in any situation is what we have not given. A lack of love calls for love not hate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.