Do you believe in bad Karma?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Peanuts, Jan 5, 2005.

1. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

*sigh* karma takes a LOOONG time

2. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

I didn't get checked for a concusion. I did have some ringing in my head this morning when I talked, like an echo but it went away. I'll have to look up what that part of my brain that I hit is used for. Maybe I won't need it. lol

I have a hard time standing up for myself. I speak and then I feel guilty, especially if I have hurt the person's feelings. I don't like hurting people. Generally I like to keep the peace.

Thank you nimh for what you said. I've tried to make things right with this person. I pm'd and I've tried to talk through the threads. I've done all that I can do.

3. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

no one can give you bad karma........ bad karma comes back to you after you purposefully sent negative karma to someone else...... and that comes back 7 times of what you sent. so if someone is wishing horrible things upon you (which could be the case), just remember they are getting 7 times of the negative energy they are sending out right back....... so I guess you can look at some positive things coming out of this......

4. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

I never thought of it like that.

7x's? Gheesh. I don't want that to happen to this person. I've already fallen down the stairs. This person might not want to leave their home. j/k. :p

5. DoDaMan

DoDaMan Member

Karma is a real bitch!

I am positive that your "bad events" happening around your house is not because of Karma getting back at you. Everyone goes through hard times. I'm sure you know all about that as much as I do...........

Sending positive vibes your way Laura.............

~namaste~

6. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

I don't know if anybody can wish bad kharma on another person but just to be safe I'm sending you some good k to cancel it out;

*gets into deep meditative state, levitates out of chair, hopes nobody at the library notices*

There! Expect something cool to come your way say, oh, 3-ish california time.

As far as the spill you took, Could be you felt guilty (whether you deserved to or not), figured God was going to punish you, and decided to save Him the trouble.

One drawback to actually careing about other peoples feelings is; you're out numbered in any confrontation--it's you vs them and your own conscience. If you "lose"--you're pissed. If you "win"--you feel guilty.

Seems kinda unfair. Except that when it's all over you still get to be you and the other poor smuck is stuck being whoever they are.

My theory on assholes is; I only have to deal with any given asshole once. They have to deal with themselves all day long everyday. Looking at it that way I can afford to "lose" an argument from time to time. I consider it charity.

Anyway Hope you and your kids are feeling better.

7. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

Thanks for the good vibes Guys. :)

I don't think I get pissed, like I used to at confrontation. A lot of times I can try to see it from their side too and then respect what it is their saying whether I can agree with it or not. They have a right to their opinion too.

I am a firm believer in forgiveness. If I have harmed someone in any way I ask to be forgiven. I tell them I'm sorry and hope they accept my apology. I guess that's all part of keeping the peace for me.

8. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I believe in the actual religious karma where what you do in this life affects you in your next life. But I don't believe that someone can wish bad karma on someone else and that bad things will actually then happen to that person.

And it's not like you even exactly get bad karma in the next life. It simply determines where you end up. I don't interpret it as being if you do someone bad in this life, only terrible things will happen to you in the next life. To my understanding, it doesn't work like that.

I like this story about the Buddha where in one life he was a rabbit and an animal wanted to eat him and to save that animal from having to kill, Buddha threw himself into a fire so that the animal was able to eat without killing. And so in the next life Buddha was placed higher.

Anyway, I am in a weird mood but I am sorry that bad things have been happening to you Peanuts :(

9. antithesis

antithesis Hello

And I don't believe anyone can every give someone any kind of Karma. Karma comes from within and from our own choices.

10. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

Thank you Antithesis. :)

I feel for my boys. They have to be tired of being sick too.
    Tonight they are in great spirits. They have the lego's spread out on the table and they are building airplanes with their Daddy. Looks like tomorrow everyone will be back at school. :) Yahoo!!!! :D

11. madbeast

madbeast Member

i comepletly agree with this. karma comes from your own actions.and i very much believe in reincarnation and past lives and such, basically because i know many past lives of mine and that, worse yet, in contrast to bad karma fallowing me, i actually have a curse on me and someone else, a guy. idk, u dont have to believe it , dont even know why im talking about it haha has nothgint to do with karma, just thought it was interesting for all u believers out there =) and for those non-believers, TO EACH THEIR OWN =)

12. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

didnt read the whole thing...i am at work, and there is no time for such things...but damn, karma is a cause and effect thing....you cant be wished karma one way or the other....and you have two kids...everyone is gonna get sick this time of the year..if it'll make you feel better though, make a voodoo of the person and stab the hell out of it and we can see if voodoo works too;)

13. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

Thanks for your suggestions, lol. I'd rather make a doll of me sitting in a lawn chair on an island sipping a drink. Maybe I'll feel the serentiy in that.

ps. and I'm not making two lil' ones to come with me.