Do you believe in bad Karma?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Peanuts, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

I do now.

Someone wished bad karma on me a few weeks ago. Since then life has been interesting to say the least.

Since the "wish" these things have taken place:

Both my boys had a horrible stomach bug

I had the bug to the point where I looked like the Exorcist.

My youngest got conjuntivitis in both eyes

Both boys started coughing, vomitting, and had the other end exploding, sometimes all at the same time.

My oldest got conjuntivitis in both eyes.

My youngest got hives on his face and his face became swollen.

Went to the Doctor and my oldest has broncitis and my youngest has an ear infection.

Both boys are home from school. Their coughing like crazy. Both are on antibiotics.

I quit smoking two days ago.

Last night I was walking down my wood steps, I had my laptop with a book and glasses in one hand and my laundry basket in the other. I tripped down the stairs hit my ass, my back, and then slammed the back of my head (skull) on the wood step. I literally felt my entire brain shake. At that point I just held my head and cried.

Is there any way to reverse bad Karma?

2. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I believe in karma to a certain extent, but you can't WISH bad karma to someone. Your karma is bad only when you actually deserve it. What goes around, comes around and all that...

3. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

I believe in Karma...

4. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

The weird thing was I never really voiced a harsh opinion before and the first time I did on here the person I said it too mentioned something about karma coming back to me.

Now I feel like I have this curse over my head. I even tried sending the person a pm and I have tried being civil to this person. I was hoping I could un-do what I did. I guess it doesn't work like that.

5. madbeast

madbeast Member

i believe totally in bad karma, but like Blue said, u cant wish it upon someone, or curse them with it for that matter. bad karma is if u do something bad it comes back to u in some other form, so something bad will happen to u, but not bad like what ur talking about! lol trust me, if there is a curse on ur head its not from karma, cus karma isnt a curse. it sounds to me that u just are having some very bad luck...VERY badddd lucky :cool:
    if u want some good luck and believe in karma start being EXTRA nice to ppl and happy and stuff, itll come back to u and good things should start to happen.

6. makno

makno Senior Member

no one gave you bad k .......ya gots a bunch a kids to sit around n be sick , {which is what they do do generaly } ......ya gots a place ta live {including stairs to fall down , how wonderfull} ...,...ya gots a head , with functioning brain , to slap up gainst solid surfaces {this always helps us to apreciate moments when we arnt in a concusive contact with the floor } in short things are lookin up ....especialy when yoove just fallen on yer arse !!

7. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

This was the first good laugh I'd had in awhile.

I'm so damn sore today. My ass and my head hurt really bad. I got a migraine coming on and I'm feeling like I'm getting a cold. I needed this laugh. Thank you. :)

Madbeast I'm starting to understand more about how Karma works. Hopefully this is just a tough streak and it will soon pass.

8. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I know this isn't Karma but it's kinda similar
    everytime something good happens to me something horrible happens. Like a good something rated 3 on a scale from 1 - 10 one being least good ten being fuckin' great would be followed by a 7 on a similar scale for bad stuff. (I know it's horrible but I couldn't think of a good way to word it)

9. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

no..... karma is bullshit ask the people in SE ASIA

10. sasquatch

sasquatch Member

Yes, when you do crappy things to other people you often end up paying for it.

11. indescribability

indescribability Not To Be Continued

have you been checked for a concussion peanuts? i dont know how to reverse karma i generally dont believe in it sorry all that stuff is happening to you though i know it must be making things really rough

12. lynsey

lynsey Banned

Laura you have to earn bad karma to recieve it no one can just wish it upon you and make it happen and what you did really wasn't bad karma worthy or even bad. Sorry about your back and your boys):

13. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

i believe that things work out the way they are meant to be. i also believe in reincarnation so yeah, i believe in karma.

14. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

not always in this lifetime though.

besides, peanuts, i remember the stuff that you're talking about and what you said wasnt out of line at all. if you feel like there's a life lesson that you need to learn from all of this, then by all means, explore it and get what you can out of it. do your learning and growing and move past it. maybe the lesson is that you shouldnt feel guilty about being assertive and telling people things that they need to hear, or that you need to say? maybe you need to learn not to give people power over you that you dont want them to have? i dont know, it's not my life lesson. i've noticed that you havent been online so much lately, maybe the life lesson has to do more with people in the real world than people out here in cyberspace?

i wish you well :D

15. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I don't believe in it at all.....

Many of the top executives, movie stars, richest people are major assholes to almost everyone they come into contact with, yet they live extremely well and are very successful....many of the nicest people get fucked over at every step.

There simply is no Karma....like was stated earlier, ask the people of SE Asia.

16. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

that's where the 'not always in this lifetime' clause comes into effect.

:D

ps, "success" comes with it's own set of stresses and undesirable elements.

17. seamonster66

I don't believe in heaven or hell, so I really can't comment on the "not in this life" thing...

Anyway, I think many of the assholes who are successful are exactly where they want to be, on top of the food chain.....

look at our society, it basically rewards you for being a ruthless go getter who will stop at almost nothing to make it to the top.

I think that what goes around comes around-sometimes, but it isn't as mysterious as "karma"....say you go beat someone up..you've opened yourself up to retaliation, but i don't see that as karma.

18. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

You seem to expect instant reaction for the action. As said before, Karma maybe not strike now or even in this lifetime. And I don't believe it can be 'cursed' onto someone. It is something you bring to yourself. [​IMG]

19. seamonster66

I don't expect instant reaction, I just think its a fictitious/mystical way to attempt to explain why bad or good things happen...

I don't believe in heaven and hell, so I don't see how it can happen in another lifetime....if there is reincarnation, I hardly see how its fair that a person who has no recollection of whatever may have happened in a previous life is punished for it in the next.....of course life isn't fair at all.

I see concepts like this as the result of generation upon generations of people pondering about "what might be" but to tell you the truth, I have never heard a decent example of true karma.

20. moonshyne

moonshyne Approved by the FDA

I don't really believe in it, because if it was true every politician in this country would be drowning in his own fecal matter.