Do you approve of President Obama's performance.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pretzel1990, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

believe it or not, same here... on the one hand, it fascinates me, but I made a New Years Resolution last January to take a step back from politics and not get as involved and worked up about it as I usually did; it was causing me too much stress. I didn't like how right before the election, my workplace was practically in ww3 over it.

2. Individual

Individual Senior Member

That's a natural reaction when people recognize the result of the election can have severe impact on their lives.

World War or a New Revolutionary War?

3. def zeppelin

def zeppelin All connected

Yeah, I try to avoid that sort of drama too because it's easiest way to form enemies.

4. loveincarnate

loveincarnate Member

actors give performances
    was he is acting school with clint and Ronnie ?

5. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I would say YES HE WAS!!

6. *Yogi*

*Yogi* Resident Racist

Biggest piece of shit POTUS thus far. Nothing but lies, Pay offs, Blames, Telebuddy, Drone time, More blame and and flat out failure. I just hope Hillary cunton and her retard helmet gets the point too.

7. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

He (Obama) just doesn't allow the professional public the false sense of security of devising any new ideal explanations for political economics. The "political" is to be social, or is it the "social" is to become political to make the first "creative":biggrinjester: encounter plausible?

8. william_lawrence

william_lawrence Guest

I think Obama means well, but he's made a few mistakes. There's also been the whole recession thing. Congress is gridlocked. What's he supposed to do?

9. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The right has a new law in the works. Anyone that wants to run for office has to pass a camera light-meter test. To dark--so sorry. To light-no worry. The lumens have it.

Alright , settle down--just jackin' 'round.

10. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

sounds like something they'd do.

11. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Thats incorrect!!! (By a long shot)

12. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

Are you implying that this person is incorrect about their own thoughts?

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i'll second this question. i'm a bit curious about that myself.

my dissapoint in him is not the talk he's talked, but the disparity between what he's talked and what he appears to have walked.

i wanted what he talked, and still do. i just think the corporate mafia has gotten to him and holds a gun to his head. figuratively if not litterally.

ragun sold america out to corporate economic interests, and they've held the elected goverment hostage pretty much ever since.

14. Individual

Individual Senior Member

Or, taking into consideration the topic to be about Obama and not the person posting, the implication is that Obama does not mean well. At least that's how I took it, although admittedly the wording could have been better. But then again if someone was to say "I think 2 plus 2 equals 3", and the teacher says "That's incorrect.", the teacher is referring to the answer but also noting that one should adjust their thinking, so it could be both the response and the means of thought by which the response was derived.

In the end, each of the threads being discussed might be more productive if the topic was adhered to rather than concentrating on ways to denigrate the person posting. Curious, but has anyone run across a thread where in the end agreement has been achieved as a result of discussion?

15. OddApple

OddApple Member

No, he in no way not with a single cell of him means well nor is he any kind of poor puppet against his will. He has made that clear in his actions.

"The difference between a welfare state and a totalitarian state is a matter of time." -- Ayn Rand

And that's all he wants, with him as monkey king. He's really (thank G-d) truly that stupid and out of his element.

16. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

Have you ever changed your opinion as a result of views of evidence presented in a discussion thread?

17. Individual

Individual Senior Member

One need not change their opinion to achieve a form of agreement.

18. RandomVegan

RandomVegan Member

or the one for mixed feelings - I don't really "approve" but "disapprove" in all polls built is "politispeak" for get a republican in office - not me! All demipublicans are bought by the ruling class and until we get rid of all of the bums life will be messed up for real people "serfs" as they see us.

19. Individual

Individual Senior Member

That option was exercised in the general election.

20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i like the talk he's talked better then the walk he's walked.

even making allowances for no one ever being able to fully observe the latter of anyone.

i'd like to think he still has the kind of intentions he and his handlers have painted the picture of him having. that compromise is the reality of politics. but too many of the wrong compromises and too few of the right ones, can result as bad as the wrong intentions.

and i really feel that we've too often seen this happen.

that's a long ways from being the end of the story. there has never been an elected holder of public office of whom the same cannot be said to some degree.

so i'd rate him below kennidy and carter and above raygun and bush. i'd even rate him above eisenhour and certainly nixxon. but not above truman nor FDR.

if i were to use the average of all u.s. presidents as a baseline. i'd still rate him above it, though only marginally. certainly far below his hoped for potential.

while much of that is do to idological disadvantage, i cannot ignore, that he first came into office with just the opposite, and failed to take much of the advantage he came in with when he did.

i absolutely won't call him worst, or even below average. just simply far less then i think nearly everyone had hoped for.