do u put the vegetative formula in at the same time as the seed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Techniques' started by dirty worms, Jan 20, 2005.

1. dirty worms

dirty worms Member

do u put the vegetative formula in at the same time as the seed?

2. moondance

moondance Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Use only a very weak nutrient solution until they're bigger.

3. dirty worms

dirty worms Member

botanicare pure blend pro hydro-organic accelerated vegetative formula 3-1.5-4

will this work for seeds.

4. Bob_Bong

Bob_Bong Member

Hell no!!! Never fertilize until the plant is at least 4 or 6 weeks ...

Seeds need nothing more than warmth and water..

5. dirty worms

dirty worms Member

how do you know?

6. GuySmiley

GuySmiley Member

^^^^Are you serious? Dude, I'd have to say that you need to do some serious research or give up growing. It is COMMON knowledge that you don't start nutes until the 3rd-4th week of veg, unless the plants show signs of needing nutes earlier. It takes balls to know nothing and then ask someone else "how do you know"......

7. dirty worms

dirty worms Member

ok.

i did not know if I needed to put the nutes in when I put the seeds in the hydro system. how low dose the lights need to be on a seedling. I want to grow a short and fat plant.

8. Bob_Bong

Bob_Bong Member

Said it before and i'll say it again..

ALWAYS REMEMBER THE 3 R's.

READ.
    READ.
    READ.

that's how i know.. kthnx.

9. moondance

moondance Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

He's growing hydro. The plant(s) would be dead in a week without nutes

Ps I'm no noob. Been growing over 15 years

10. LuMpYtRiChOmEy

LuMpYtRiChOmEy Member

--I think he should put the seed INSIDE the bottle of nutes! -This way it'l be sure to get all the nutrisioney goodness it deserves. -When it grows bigger you could GRAFT it to the outside of the bottle and SPLIT it down the middle so you have TWO of them! :)

11. b1v2w3

b1v2w3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

If you then extract a good tea from the bottle/seed nute mixture you should get a verrry fine blend with a slight glassy overtone which will give a slightly sharp feeling to the throat and mind. b1
    I grow in dirt so my comment is for dirt farming: I blend 1.5 part composted cow manure in 4 parts quality potting soil that has NOT been enhanced with chemical fertilizer(like Miracle Grow has) and fill a 4G pot with that and put a small center well of germinating/sprouting mix in it (1/3 each of spagnum, vermiculite & perlite) and put the sprouted seed in it and only water with enough little sprinkles to keep that center moist for about a week. Under the lights for 24hrs and let them suck up water from the bottom only and do nothing more then watch them, tie branches and tops (LST) for 6 weeks. Carry them to the flower room and spike the water they suck with 10/30/10 which I kinda blend myself with using triple super phosphate added to 10/10/10 I should admit to dripping a little vinegar in a bowl of baking soda and adding a little (3TBLsp per gallon) H2O2 here and there. b1

12. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

foxfarm reccommends using bloom fomula the first week on seedlings for hydro.
    i tried it with my clones and they rock. i'll try to get some results from a seed start im doing in the spring.i have 32 going under 2130 watts. been fertilizing by the chart for the most part [not always ferting every week]and it works great.
    the bloom formula gives them what they need to start- wheras veg formula would just burn them.still use a mild solution though.

13. Bob_Bong

Bob_Bong Member

I'm a Dirt Digger not a Water Worker...That's why i jumped the gun on my response

14. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

ocean forest all the way for me
    i keep it simple these days and use all foxfarm products
    ocean forest soil, growbig for veg, tigerbloom enhancer, and bigbloom for bud.
    and i swear im looking at the schedule for soil and it says use bigbloom on 1st week seedlings.
    when i used it on my clones for their first feeding- they got greener and bushier faster.

15. GuySmiley

GuySmiley Member

I'm not a hydro grower, but the nute levels in the beginning should be minimum. This is why I will never go to hydro, it's a shitty method, that just my opinion. Hydro was made to speed up growing times and yeilds....not to produce quality bud.

16. Bob_Bong

Bob_Bong Member

Here here.. plants are meant for the ground not the water :)

but that's just my opinion

17. LuMpYtRiChOmEy

LuMpYtRiChOmEy Member

><>**^^~~ -Hydro DOSE speed up grow time and increase yields but your mistaken if you think that flavor and quality are not concerns of most quality chem nutrient companys, flavor and quality are MAJOR concerns of "The Growroom" brand nutes and "Plant Life" products. MY flavor is DELICIOUS! :) ! -Folks go out of their way to get it and give WAY WAY more love for it than other weeds around. --This is not just my opinion, its the opinion of everybody round me! -Just had to set the record straight, -all folks who grow with chems DONT have "bad" or "chemicly" tasting weed, -their prolly the folks who use "miricle grow" or "shults" or some crap. -Ive herd folks say about chems that"its all the same" but it aint! -My chems costs me $80 for 10 pounds(powder). -It aint the same as miricle grow. -I grow with all QUALITY CHEMS, -and theres NO chem taste in my weed. -As a mater of fact, my weed BEAT OUT organicly grown weed in flavor tests unilaterally. -Now this is just around MY block but I dont live in no cabbage patch :) ! -Its just like anything elce.. -Ya gotta use the right stuff -and ya gotta do it right. -Keeps me happy :) !

18. GuySmiley

GuySmiley Member

^^^^^Maybe I should clarify what I meant in my previous posting. Hydro was created for the cashcropper, quicker turn around on harvests. Cashcroppers don't usually give a shit about the proper chemical amounts added. The last two years has seen a rise in organic nutes for hydro setup's, thus, the "conniseur smoker" that only grows for his own head can grow in hydro and have better taste. The flush and cure is what truly matters, but soil grown plants have always tasted better to me.

I just think that hydro is the worst method for newbies to getting started, especially noobs that don't like to do research. Soil is much more forgiving and doesn't need to be tended to everyday. I also think that soil growing is easier on the wallet. These are just all my opinions. I tried hydro growing in the past and found it to be a pain in the ass for my schedule.

19. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

hey dirtyworms if ya need to know about hydro lumpy is the man in the hydro dept.
    got myself two more bags of foxfarm today- had to pick up my atmosphere controller, so i grabbed 10 growbags and the soil.

20. LuMpYtRiChOmEy

LuMpYtRiChOmEy Member

-Hey Guy! :) -It really IS amazing whats been done in the world of chem nutes within the last several years! -As you said, it DOSE have to be done rite. -Ya gotta get good shit and ya gotta do it rite! -Hey Tie! -Thanks for the good word! -I think that if Dirty Worms wanted to get growin he could get himself the FF set- GB, TB and BB. -Mean turned us on to this recipee a while back and I dont know how to do "links" but I figuru if ya went and got the products you could get the info from FF.com or something. -My best advice is to get the Fox Farm set and get the feeding sced for it and FALLOW IT. -I find that I fuck up most when I dont use the directions. -There ya go Dirty Worms, why dont ya try that. -Mabey some coco chore and FF. -Get a book for the rest. -and Dont just read it, read it till ya understand it, then "plant yer seed".