Do they still dose?

Discussion in 'Grateful Dead and Phish' started by wobblies, Jan 25, 2009.

1. wobblies

wobblies Member

I was reading a thread about which concerts were the best to trip at and wondered if the surviving members of the Dead still drop acid before shows, or at all for that matter. Anyone have any insight on this matter?

Peace,
    Jake

2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

I think that is their privacy fwiw. From what I know, no.

3. Buddha Fish

Buddha Fish wanderin' fish

no they do not. when the grateful dead were doing the acid tests there were times that they couldn't even play because they were too high. some of them, like bob weir, stopped doing acid by the 70s. i've seen interviews with them where they said that they wouldn't get high before a show because it's unprofessional and they need to be able to perform. i'm not sure about all of them members throughout the 30 years of concerts but i'm sure that they weren't sober for all of them. the amount of lsd that they did they know how to control the high and i'm sure they'd be able to on a controlled dose.

4. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

the 80s are a great example of Jerry and other members being too fucked up to play.. some early and mid 80s sets just fuckin blow.. so does the mid-90s twords the end when Jerry was really having problems

5. goofydrummer

goofydrummer Senior Member

I doubt any members still dose. But the spun vibes will never leave their sound.

6. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

Jerry still did mushrooms in the 90's acording to relix. But he couldnt drop acid anymore.