Do the Republican have any policies?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Balbus, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

At the last Republican convention, the RNC famously didn’t bother in writing a policy platform (it used an out of date one from several years before)

And since they lost the last presidential election race and absolute control of the Senate I have not been able to find any set of official or even semi-official policy proposals

I mean we can see what they are doing but these all seem negative (for example voter suppression) do they have any positive ideas?

~Zen~ likes this.
  2. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

As evidenced by their only legislative accomplishments in years; Government of the rich, by the rich, and for the rich.
    The rest of their time is occupied trying to convince peasants with torches that the peasants with pitchforks are coming to steal their fire.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    Tulsa, granite45, Tishomingo and 2 others like this.
  3. Cello Song

Cello Song Members

It's currently in flux, but some of the more interesting proposals include the following.

The Republicans have proposed raising an army and sacking Charleston. It worked once and it will work again.

The resulting peace dividend will provide enough funds to promote the design of sustainable modular vehicles that look cool and can be inexpensively maintained by the average homeowner. For the first time, the American Dream of chrome trim, fins and comet brake lights will be available to all.

And everyone will get a geodesic dome home, if you want one, in your choice of seafoam green or cerulean blue. These will be delivered by drone. Orders merely need to be stated out loud because they are already listening to you through your devices.

The FCC shall be dissolved and pirate radio stations will broadcast good payola-free music through our fair land.

A male counterpart to the Statue of Liberty shall be constructed in the image and likeness of Wolfman Jack.

A satellite formed in the image of Bob's Big Boy will be put in low orbit for reasons that will remain classified. Don't mess with the Big Boy!

Tishomingo and scratcho like this.
  4. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

You aren't the only one scratching your head over this... even George Bush Jr. says the Republicans ain't what they used to be.

Cello Song and granite45 like this.
  5. Cello Song

Cello Song Members

A most concise and witty definition of a reactionary! "They ain't what they used to be." Perfect.

scratcho and ~Zen~ like this.
  6. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Dr_Seuss_and_the_wolf_chewed_up_the_children.jpg
    Yeah; they are. Dr. Seuss; circa 1941.
    C2rkNtGXcAE1rPW.jpg These-Dr-Seuss-Cartoons-From-the-1940s-Are-a-Reminder-of-What-Happens-When-You-Put-America-First.jpg C2qhmprXUAAHhR6.jpg

7. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Running Horse and wrat1 like this.
  8. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

It's called the Führerprinzip: "the Führer's word is above all written law".Means Used by the Nazi Conspiractors in Gaining Control of the German State (Part 4 of 55)

erofant, sherman march and Piobaire like this.
  9. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

I've done a lot of marching in my time. We are all subject to delusion. When I suffer self-doubt in these matters, I like to visualize such political divides as a police barricade. All this shouting and sign waving; am I on the right side?
    1. I look to my left and right. Are some of my compatriots KKK, neo-Nazis, neo-Confederates, or Fascist militia?
    2. I look across the way. Are some of those opposing me KKK, neo-Nazis, neo-Confederates, or Fascist militia?
    If the answer to the first is "No" and the second "Yes", I find that reassuring; I'm on the right side. If the inverse were true, I'd find that very disconcerting, and I'd withdraw to reflect upon and reassess my position.

136953880_10158206367417569_3136568744001363166_o.jpg

erofant, soulcompromise and Balbus like this.
  10. Cello Song

Cello Song Members

No marching for me - but I've been known to mosey to a peaceful protest.

I look for:

1. Smiling, gentle faces singing songs
    2. Angry uptight faces flinging expletives

I look for #1 and try not to surround myself with #2. If the other side is full of #2, then I know we are successful because they are bugged. Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts.

granite45, scratcho and Piobaire like this.
  11. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Like your style, Cello Song!!

Cello Song likes this.
  12. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Political parties whose members demand a dictatorship are usually referred to as lynch mobs, and often carry knives and pitch forks. Donald Duck himself could not stop evangelicals from storming the palace, and they would tear him into tiny pieces if he tried.

People don't get it, you can't have a functional government, when half the damned country votes for Donald Duck. Half of them still insist the sun revolves around the earth, and should have their own reality tv shows.

13. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I've lost count of the number of demonstrations, marches and pickets I've attended and done battle with the 'tother side' or the Police.

MeAgain likes this.
  14. sherman march

sherman march Members

in the picture, the portrait on the right is John C Calhoun of South Carolina, the greatest defender of slavery in Congress and the greatest advocate of secession by slave states. So the guy carrying a Confederate flag in front of Calhoun's portrait is perfect political symmetry. Why is a portrait of Calhoun still on a wall in the capitol building?

erofant, scratcho and Piobaire like this.
  15. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Speaking of driving, last week, the Republicans who control the state legislature here in Oklahoma passed, and the governor signed, an "intimidation" bill giving immunity to drivers who plow their cars into protestors who are blocking the road if they reasonably believe it's necessary to escape. Several other Red states have adopted or are considering similar laws. A few years ago, a woman who was having a bad day drove her car into a crowd at the OSU homecoming parade and killed several people including a child and one of my friends. What a world we live in!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    scratcho likes this.
  16. wrat1

wrat1 Members

Mr Mercedes ( or in this case ) Ms. ............

I would think that a peaceful permitted gathering/protest whatever WOULD NOT be blocking the roadway so?

17. Cello Song

Cello Song Members

It can be done but you need the police to set up detours. I suppose it feels strong to be confrontational but it costs dearly in popular support.

18. sherman march

sherman march Members

there are 2 wings of the Republican Party. one wing wants to turn the political clock back to 1950. the other wing wants to turn the political clock back to 1850. both wings want to stop black people from voting.

erofant, ~Zen~ and granite45 like this.
  19. soulpoker

soulpoker Senior Member

Hate, loathe, demonize and blame society's problems on anyone who is "different." It might or might not be about the money. That's how I see it. Rich people can be cool, but the Grizzly Old Party is particularly choosing not to be lately.

erofant, ~Zen~ and wrat1 like this.
  20. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot