Do men like being romanced?

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by Aristartle, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

Pretty straightforward. Women here and there enjoy having romance in their lives and the benefits of being romanced.

How much/little do men like being romanced and what does it mean to you being romanced?

2. probably not so much but what we do like is to be recognized for our labors. A lil thank you gos a long ways and maybe even on occasion, a gift of some sort just to say I remember and I respect you.

3. -Stevey-

-Stevey- Member

I like it :)

4. Sunchild77

Sunchild77 Member

women dont understand me.

5. Aristartle

What is there to understand about you?

6. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i enjoy being romanced - it may take a while for me to let that happen, but it is nice

7. knattyk420

knattyk420 Member

I think my husband enjoys it. I little extra attention tends to go a long way

8. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

if only i didn't suck so bad at that sort of thing...

9. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

"Being romanced" sounds like wined and dined? Or gifts?

No. I don't like it (whether on the giving end or the receiving end). What I like is when women express interest verbally and physically. Romance to me means being mushy, not special occasions. I hate EFFORT.

10. I agree fully.

11. Bonkai

Bonkai Later guys

I like it, it's always nice to have someone who wants to make you happy just because.

12. Aristartle

:)

13. Thats a very good point, too.

14. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Some people are more left brain oriented and need more targeted effort in their lives (loves). I'm convinced that's what it is.

I spent 3 years of my life with a left-brainer who was constantly trying to "do things" and improve things, and reach some kind of goal or ideal, and who had pre-conceived notions about everything and how it ought to be properly executed, and to whom everything was a matter of will-power, rational decision, and push. Those people tend to like dates.

Nothing wrong with that, it's just that she had no business being with a process-oriented improviser like me. People like me like to chill the fuck out, be silly, and invent some stupid of game on the fly for the lulz. The future hardly exists to us. We are happy with the way things are right now. We don't plan, we flow. Candle-lit dinners and elaborate gift-wraps is not how we express our affection. My idea of a perfect gift has always been finding the perfect seashell on the beach.

Different strokes for different folks.

15. you should move to the country.

16. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Hahahahaha. I DOUBT it.

I don't think I've been with a country girl, ever. But my memory is going and I don't remember all my womens anymore. So, who knows.

17. she would just sit and listen to you talk and talk and talk.