Do I throw five healthy males?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing' started by azezal, Apr 21, 2007.

1. azezal

azezal Member

Hi. all been away for a while. I have separated my flock today and so far have 3 confirmed healthy females and 5 males. Separated the males from the females. Now I just need to know what to do with the males. I know they give head aches from smoking them but I would hate to just throw them. I heard that I can make hash resin from males. One of the males has already dropped his pollen. Should I do something to them soon, or wait? Thanks for any advice. Like should I just rinse the soil out and let them dry out or let them grow till more pollen is produced. I know THC is really low in males but a little bit is better than none.

2. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

just throw em out, you should have cloned for sex, and then ditched them before any chance of pollination occurs. that way u would have been able to pick 1 super female, clone her and get 1 great phenotype, huge sexy crop. now ull have 3 plants.

u can try to make hash out of it, but i doubt ull get much, males < shit, unless ur ssoing a seed crop or developing new strain

3. brainboy

brainboy Member

I'd say toss em, should get big enough harvest of 3 females :)

4. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

keep one encase u want to pollinate eventually. Of course you proablly shouldn't listen to me becaus mine are dying! :(

5. M4N14C42O

M4N14C42O Cannabis Connoisseur

If you aren't prepared for breeding or don't have bubble bags......id suggest choppin em' and tossin' em'. Be careful, you were saying one male already dropped his pollen.....I hope that wasn't near the little ladies.......just takes 1 male to screw over a whole crop of fem's....literally! ;) After awhile you'll get used to cuttin em' down......the only ones that get me are the one that are super super healthy......i battle the whole should i breed?? should i not breed?? situation.....usually just end up choppin em' up tho......i've heard some uber good tea can be made from males tho (taste wise, not potency)