Do I lack a soul?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by love riot, May 6, 2007.

1. love riot

love riot Member

Okay, so to start off I've never cheated on anyone. Ever. Not at all. Not even flirted if I was tied to someone else. But at the current moment I am tied to someone and last night (idk why I did it) but I definitely cheated. And I don't feel guilty at all. Is this normal or is something wrong with me?

2. fexurbis

fexurbis Member

What's wrong with you is revealed by the "(idk why I did it)", not by the cheating itself. Cheating is commonplace in monogamous arrangements. The overwhelming majority of people cheat.

3. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

if ya feel remorse you definetely dont love/respect the person you are with

or am i wrong?

4. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

I doubt the "overwhelming amjority" cheat, but im not much good with numbers, so perhaps they do. This however neither makes it right nor sensical. If you dont love the guy, leave him...if you do, you wouldnt bloody cheat, so you obviously dont. So as i said, leave him. It really IS that simple, no matter how far into the big bad world of grown ups youve entered

5. myself

myself just me

maybe there's something wrong with the guy you have cheated on. if everything was ok about him, then you wouldn't have cheated on him.

6. fexurbis

fexurbis Member

I admittedly don't know the source to this. But an article in The New York Press (not the most reliable of indie papers) cites a study in which over 80% of respondents admitted to "cheating".

Monogamy exists more in people's heads than in the real world.

7. mlee27

mlee27 Member

I THINK YOUR MISTAKEN, IF YOU HAVE REMORSE THAT MEANS YOU FEEL BAD AND GUILTY ABOUT YOUR ACTIONS, SO FOR ME IF YOU REALLY CARED ABOUT THIS PERSON YOU WOULD FEEL BAD AND REMORSEFUL.IF YOU DON'T FEEL BAD THAN I DON'T THINK YOU GENERALLY CARE ABOUT THAT PERSON.

8. Irish Hippy

Irish Hippy Member

You dont lack a soul, you are just selfish

It is quite common these days of people only thinking about what they want at any one time and never bringing others into consideration or how they will be hurt by actions we make, we just think "i want i want".

This is the age we live in. I have not cheated and i hope i never do, but i have done stupid self centred things in my life before too, as has everyone.

So yea, you have a soul, ur just selfish... i would advise you to tell your "partner" what you done, but it is your life and you are free... im just some irrelevant guy posting on the net at the end of the day. :)

Peace sis

9. His Eden

His Eden Queen of Mean

Lots (over half) of people in monogamous relationships cheat on their partner, but that doesn't make it okay. If you want to put yourself at risk (for std's etc) it is your choice, but don't put your partner at risk by your selfish act. Tell your partner!

Actually if you don't feel any remorse for having cheated leave your partner because it seems that you have no reason (love, respect, fidelity) to be there.

10. His Eden

His Eden Queen of Mean

Then again maybe there isn't. Just because someone cheats on their partner does not make it the partners fault. Many people cheat because they want strange, not because their partner is lacking.

11. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

Now that he's done....

I don't think you really love the guy you're with. Cheating on someone really doesn't show that.
    Tell him what you did. Then, deal with the consequences.

12. mlee27

mlee27 Member

yeah i agree with whats his name and i am a woman no one deserves to be cheated on, i am so sick of people saying i would never cheat but i did, gimme a fuckin breakdon't be an asshole and potentially ruin someones life cuz your a horney bitch who 1 can't be faithful and 2 then blame it on the guy because he isn't what you thought, be an adult and tell the person you are with that u aren't happy, break up then go fuck someon else, easy huh? give it a try.

13. spooner

spooner is done.

Dunno, I cheated on the one girl I really loved. It involved almost a flat of beer and a sixteen year-old, and it happened, and it sucked.

But, I've learned my lesson and tend to not get as excessively drunk around bad situations like that.

14. love riot

love riot Member

I do agree with Cowboy Blue. The person who's cheated on shouldn't be blamed for what their partner has done. I guess that since it's been a couple of days I've had more time to think about it. I realize what I did was horrible, and I think I'm ready to deal with the consequences. Thanks all.

15. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

Thats the most bogus thing I have heard in sometime. can't say something like that and not be expected to back it up. Quite the thing to say!!

16. Poem~Girl

Poem~Girl Member

Agreed with Cowboy Blue!! High 5 man!

Teri

17. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

a slight majority of people do cheat

does that justify it?
    fuck no

in fact, when are the majority right about anything?

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect)." - Mark Twain

have some respect, if this dude's dick is not enough, tell him.

18. Suncatch22

Suncatch22 Member

This is why monogamy is bad.
    Being in a committed relationship gives people way too much control over one another. They start thinking they own each other and are owned. It gets clausterphobic and overly stifling, so people cheat.

Nobody owns anyone else in this effing world, we are all human, and your partner has probably cheated too. Everyone stop being so uptight and pretending to be blameless.

19. Duck

who here said anyone was owned??

it's all about trust
    in a monogamous relationship, you are to trust each other not to cheat, and when someone breaks that trust, it hurts
    of course jealousy and greed come into factors sometimes, but other times it's really just all about love

I think that some people are truly monogamous, others are only because society tells them to be
    but with those that are truly monogamous, they really only want that one person, and they want that same desire returned to them
    and I'm not saying necessarily that this girl is not a true monogamist, but maybe this particular person just doesn't have her full attention
    or maybe even her lust overtook her emotion, I don't know the case

but in any case, it is a matter of trust and personal preference, not a matter of ownership (in most cases)

were you, your mother, or someone else you care for in a relationship with a man that seemed to act like he owned her?

20. Duck

that explain a lot, Cowboy Blue