do blind people...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by carsick, Jan 22, 2005.

1. carsick

carsick Member

...just see black?? hummmmm

2. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

ooh... probably :eek:

3. juggla

juggla Member

ask some one who went temporarly blind

4. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

What do you see when you close your eyes, or choose to not see through them? I would imagine it's somewhat like that. I don't just see black, but all sorts of colors and crazy stuff going on. :D

5. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

yeah but i dont think blind people can see colors patrick

6. carsick

carsick Member

i know what you mean ,i think. as a kid in class i uster close my eyes and aplly abit of pressure with my fingers and after abit id see loads of wierd clours (abit like when you stand up to fast and everything goes that bright shiny white colour).

but shurley you need eyes to see all this, or maybe its all projected by your brain so you dont need eyes to see becuase its allready there.

we see black when we close our eyes but isnt that just because were stareing at the back of our eyelids!

7. Soulless||Chaos

Why not?

8. Soulless||Chaos

Haha I used to do that too... :D
    Anyway, it's like when you stop looking through your eyes, what do you see? Sort of in your head, but not quite. :confused:

9. carsick

carsick Member

i think they would have coloured images in there heads

10. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

yeah but if theyve always been blind then how would they know what colors are? i mean think about what being blind is.. your eyes just dont work, the proper connections arent there..

11. Soulless||Chaos

Yes, but can color exist without being seen? You could still see colors in your head I would think...
    Also, not knowing what something is doesn't mean you don't see it... :rolleyes: I've an easy solution, poke both your eyes out, and tell us what you see. :D

12. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

ill poke your eyes out :rolleyes:

13. Soulless||Chaos

You might find that to be a bit difficult... :p

14. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

its like asking can a blind man be afraid of the dark? or when blind people have a life threatening experience do their lives flash before there ears? i am told they only see darkness but more interestingly: how do you describe colours to a person who has been blind all their life?

15. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

I bet blind people have their own versions of colours...has anyone seen the Red Dragon? there's a woman in the movie who had been blind since she was five (i think) and she said one of her own "seeing" memories is of a tiger, and she can still see it in her mind all these years later, but she bets it looks nothing like an actual tiger, just a tiger to her. So maybe...but it's probably different for someone who was born blind vs. someone who became blind later on.

16. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

there is a lot of truth in what you say, i think Super_Grrl. all people have imaginations. just because they don't see things, doesn't mean they cannot create images and maybe colours through just their every-day interaction with the whole world. it's often said that blind people have the best imagination and creativity because they have to create their own world out of the darkness, through their other senses. and sometimes what they dream up is beyond what people who can see, could ever think of.