Do any gay hippies actually work out?

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by Star Cat, May 9, 2007.

1. Star Cat

Star Cat Member

I know this is going to seem like a silly question, but I'm just curious to know as I've never really thought about it before.

I'm not sure how it might fit into a lot of gay male hippies' personal peace and love philosophy, but how many gay male hippies actually work out, or at least have good muscles?

I was pondering the question a few days ago with a friend and I had suddenly realized I couldn't recall ever having heard of any examples before. Do a lot of gay male hippies simply not do it because it might represent "violence" or whatever to them, or are there plenty who do it?

2. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

well don't make the mistake that just because this is the hip forums all gay guys in the gay part are hippies
    S

3. Star Cat

Star Cat Member

ROTFL, I know what you mean. Just wondering. It had just seemed the most appropriate of the two forums to choose from for asking ("gay" vs. "hippies"). ;)

4. LJDV

LJDV Member

I am gay and am a hippy (kinda) and I work out every other day.

5. Star Cat

Star Cat Member

Well, there's a (to use LJDV's term) sort-of one. ;)

Say, is that a Mark Ryden painting your using as your signature?

6. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

This, I'm pretty fucking bourgeois.

As for the gym being "violent", I don't really see that. I liked Weights in Phys Ed at school precisely because it was non-competitive and you could set your own targets. Same applies now really. Plus, I'd argue that most gay guys who go to gyms are there to look good or get fitter, rather than so they can fight people.

I get shit for this from everyone, but fuck it: I ONLY WORK OUT SO I CAN ATTRACT OTHER MALES FOR THE REASON OF SEXUAL CONGRESS WITH THEM.

7. Star Cat

Star Cat Member

Sounds cool to me. I was positive that there were at least some out there who felt that way. ;) Sorta makes me feel good to have that confirmation from you.

8. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

Yeah, well, it's natural to preen. Not shaving etc. is something I never understood about the desire to "get back to nature". The hippie is pretty much the only animal in nature that doesn't want to look groomed.

9. Star Cat

Star Cat Member

Lol, actually I keep myself pretty well groomed! I'm even clean shaven. ;)

10. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

I'm gay and concider myself a hippie. I go to the gym just about every day. I don't have muscles .. at 50 years old, 5'10 and 150 lbs there ain't much to put muscles on and too old to get any LOL. I keep toned and do mostly cardio. I enjoy the feeling I have after a good workout.

11. LJDV

LJDV Member

No it's Naoto Hattori. Go here to see more of his awesome paintings!

12. Star Cat

Star Cat Member

Wow, and it had reminded me so much of Ryden! Let me go check his other stuff out, I may have just found a new fave artist here. ;)

13. Kiwi_Toast

Kiwi_Toast Member

Oooo I really have eyes for Naoto Hattori's work.
    I'm glad someone actually knows about him.
    Right on, man.

14. Kiwi_Toast

Kiwi_Toast Member

I don't really need to work out, man.
    I do Aikido and Iaido (martial arts)..
    and I'm vegetarian...
    So I'm always in shape.

I'm not buff or muscular..
    but Girls love my fit body.
    Temps 'em to approach me, ya dig?
    (not that im showing off or anything,
    I'm still modest.)

15. Night_Owl49

Night_Owl49 Since 2006

16. bkcmar

bkcmar keep those feet bare

txbarefooter and i are very similar. i go to the gym 4-5 times per week. most of my workout is to remain fit and healthy. i workout routine includes the following: one spin class per week, 2 flow based yoga classes per week, one day consisting of an hour on the ellipictial and one day of weight work. like txbarefooter, i am not looking for muscle mass but fitness. on my 45 y/o, 5'11", 140 lb body muscle mass is not gonna happen.

17. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

@ bkcmar right on man, keep going and keep in shape.

peace,
    bob

18. happyonehit420

happyonehit420 Member

i don't work out per se, but I've been in gymnastics for well over half of my life. I have to be able to lift at least my own body weight and a half, and I'm like constantly stretching. I play around with yoga quite a bit, too. but other than that, I don't lift weights, or any of that crap.

19. Bishie lover

Bishie lover Member

I do weights three times a week, calisthenics/plyometrics another 2-3, every night at 08:00 sharp I hit the bag until around 09:00-15, thursdays I do 2-4 hours of martial arts and am soon planning to start boxing for a new skill set.[​IMG]

But saying that I haven't been keeping up with my runs and sprints...

20. MatthewShane

MatthewShane Banned

Good topic.
    I think it jus depends on the person. I find most hippy people I know are not overly concerned with physical appearence however they are body concious and very health concious! So they tend to watch every chemical they may consume..this usually results in a pretty nice body whether they intended for it to be or not.