DMT drawings of a artists

Discussion in 'DMT' started by Fribzytamine, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Fribzytamine

Fribzytamine Banned

I think some of you know the artist louis wain. Sadly today i saw some of his paintings they are amazing and really inspiring. He was diagnosed with schizophrenia and his art changed A lot due to it. The thing i bring up here is that his later drawing are the visions of DMT he achieved this state by so called schizophrenia. http://i.imgur.com/XfAAw.jpg When you see these pictures it shows the layers of dmt? How is this possible i cant even imagine the revelations about this life and beyond this artist achieved in the DMT sensorium.:love:

2. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

They are also the visions of LSD, DPT, 4-aco-dmt, really any psychedelic that can affect your visual center, pump some dopamine around, connect with serotonin receptors, etc :) I think you are equating the psychedelic state to DMT. I don't consider DMT to be a special psychedelic, it's just another psychedelic for me. The reason the cat becomes more and more abstracted and more and more threatening is due to a dual action of increasing dopamine (affecting the perception of threat, intent, meaning) and the degradation of psychological boundaries and logical thought progressions (seperation of environment from individual, object from subject, loss and evolution of "cat" concept). You can in fact see why "psychotomimetic" was one of the earliest descriptors of things like DMT.

Depending on how we define and understand "psychosis" (and this is a very culturally loaded term), "psychotomimetic" can actually be a great term for psychedelics; it would only require that your definition of "psychosis" be fairly stigma-free and open-minded :)

Consensus reality is still needed to power our microwaves. One of my favorite psychedelic quotes is from Ram Dass, in the book Higher Wisdom: Eminent Elders Explore The Continuing Impact of Psychedelics, describing ego death on psilocybin pills.

:sunny:

3. gushtunkinflupped

gushtunkinflupped Member

Sounds overly reductionistic to me ^ . Have you broken through on dmt? The cat progressively gets more and more like things i've seen on dmt. While that doesn't rule out very close similarities to mescaline/lsd/and especially psilocybin mushroom visions, it seems far more similar to dmt IME. These other psychedelics can get you there, and i love them, but they do require a massive doses in a certain set/setting. But there is distinct differences.