DMT comparison

Discussion in 'DMT' started by Black_Lotus, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Black_Lotus

Black_Lotus Member

One of my friends told me I should try DMT, based off of me saying, I really like the dreamlike aspects of psychedelics.

In comparison to LSD, or Magic Mushrooms, is DMT totally different?

Also, there is a chemical released in our brains named DMT during our sleep process that allows us to dream, and on a side note: some people believe the idea of flashbacks at the ends of one's life is brought to you by your brain releasing all of it's DMT at once, you can literally live within another life before death! Intereseting. So if anyone knows about the chemical in your brain, is it related to the drug?

2. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

the theory that DMT is in the human brain has not been proven. that's my understanding at least. it's just speculation that most people seem to have taken as fact.

i haven't tried DMT yet, but yes! it is supposed to be vastly different from LSD. since one generally smokes it, it kicks in very fast, and only lasts a short time. i've heard the visuals on the comedown be compared to those from a 10 strip of LSD.

3. ChrisFromScotland

ChrisFromScotland Lang may yer lum reek

4. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Why is my troll radar going off lol . . .

Yes, just like anything is different from anything else. Sorry if that seems curt but yes, "DMT" is going to be as different from "LSD" as "H2O" is :). It is a tryptamine however, just like the active compounds in mushrooms. One of the active compounds in mushrooms is Psilocin, or 4-HO-DMT. This thread and subforum are about N,N-DMT, so you can see the chemical resemblance just from the names.

No there isn't. DMT exists in all life on earth because it is a very basic molecule that is accidently formed in all kinds of chemical reactions, however there is zero scientific medical evidence that DMT is in any way connected to dreaming. There is also no place that it is stored and released in the brain as far as medical science is concerned. A DMT trip is nothing whatsoever like a dream, and vice versa.

Yes many people believe this, there is no evidence for it.

They are the same chemical, DiMethyl Tryptamine. It's found in your foot as well, and in your goldfish's brain. It's found in most life on earth.

It's a powerful psychedelic that when smoked is like "mushroom crack"; it will take you from sober to peaking on a shroom-like trip in seconds, and you'll be sober again in around 30 minutes. As for the connections with dreaming, dying, 2012, whatever, no evidence :)

5. Black_Lotus

Black_Lotus Member

@Mr. Writer: I've been reading up about it this afternoon. Turns out a German scientist had a study about endogous DMT in humans and other mammals, however the findings were critisized four months later in which point I believe theories were more involved on the topic. --Endogous meaning "from within".-- I unfortunately cannot find the link of the sleep theory I read about, but it said "some scientists believe during the final stages of life, all of the DMT is released to cause the phenomenon known as 'flashbacks' of ones life" something along those lines at least, I found it awhile back when I was studying dreams, and LSD. About 3 months ago

And of course DMT is going to have different qualities than other psychedelics, but from what i've heard, it can cause that "dream like sensation" that can be found in other substances-- although perhaps at a stronger degree

6. RiversClearwater

RiversClearwater Member

While it does have a gentleness to it, it really isn't dreamy, more like full on psychedelic raping of your senses (in an awesome way :2thumbsup:) Description of the closed eye visuals does no justice. The first few times I smoked it I described it as "everything"; is literally like everything that has happened to you up to this point happening in a 10minute wild ride...orgasm, fear, ecstatic joy, self scrutinization and actualization etc etc etc...very beautiful.

7. Black_Lotus

Black_Lotus Member

I guess I'll just have to see what it's like for myself, cause my friend described it to me as this dreamy drug... And he's done like everything imaginable--he's my hookup for most everything.I'm seeing lots of ideas about your body releasing all of it's DMT prior to death, the theory is-- just to clarify: major alteration in time as it slows down dramatically in your last moments. You know how it is stereotypical to be speechless on your death bed? Perhaps this is why... But I think it is more of a theory as I cannot find any hard evidence on the matter

8. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

It is pure speculation, and just because someone has a Ph.D and speculates, doesn't make that a fact ;)

rivers' description is awesome. It really is like an experiential geyser, and it's not at ALL dreamy and gentle, quite the opposite it'll grab you by the balls and scare the living shit out of you!

9. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

This is a good clip on the comparisons. A strong DMT trip is drastically different from mushrooms and LSD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wp6umxBJAM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wp6umxBJAM

10. Black_Lotus

Black_Lotus Member

^^Interesting clip... I mean if the trip is going to be more abstract, that's probably would I'd sense as dreamy. Or maybe it really means ABSTRACT. I'll find out, as I assume it will be nearly impossible to explain.

Surreal, is probably more of the dreamy aspect I'm talking about. Which is seen in LSD and Mushrooms. So maybe my friend wasn't thinking probably, we were tripping at the time we were talking about it.. Like the guy said in the video, LSD and shrooms still have the realistic edge to them, in the sense you can recognize things, it's just an "enhanced reality" so it only makes DMT sound more interesting!!

@Mr. Writer: I don't claim the idea to be fact, but I think the idea is VERY interesting, if it were perhaps true, we may never know until we experience it ourselves. But it does seem more of speculation than fact.

11. porkstock41

i've heard this same theory on a science show on TV, but they didn't make one mention of DMT. it could have been a movie (fiction), i can't remember...

but yeah, the theory was that the last few seconds of life can seem to the mind to last forever...so maybe that is the afterlife. actually, i think i heard this in a movie...

12. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Calling DMT "mushroom crack" as Writer did is even less accurate than calling it dreamlike imo, words conjure up various images and impressions, the term dreamy probably doesn't correlate with some people's DMT experiences.

I'd say based on how rapid paced and precise the DMT trip moves, I wouldn't call it dreamy but it's not the first time I've heard that description used for DMT. Otherworldy is a more apt description I'd say.

13. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I'm not sure if it's the movie you're thinking of but they say something like that in Waking Life. Cool philisophical movie btw.

14. Spicey Cat

Spicey Cat DMT Witch (says husband)

Umm, wow. Got skeptcism, Got Open Mind, Got DMT? You are ready.

Wish I could +1 Mr. Writer but says I must spread more love.

Dreamlike, LOL!

Strap yourself in as you are in for quite a ride. Whatever you think it is, it is not. If you do it right, if you breakthrough, you will be forever changed. I spent 41 years as a card-carrying hardcore atheist. Many people, books and drugs had tried to convert me over the decades to the tune of epic fail. 5 mins of DMT breakthrough and . . . . o_O

What the fuck you say?

Yeah.

It's all that and then some.

Drop ALL your assumptions. LET GO of everything you think you know.

My best and only advice is SURRENDER.

Last I heard evidence for DMT being produced in the pineal was zero, evidence for it being produced in the brain was sketch, evidence for it being produced in surprising parts of the body such as the spleen and lining of the lungs was hella strong. It Is NOT What You/We Think It Is.

Want a great movie that gives a sense of DMT visuals? See Blueberry (europe) aka Renegade (usa).

:D

15. porkstock41

i've seen waking life, and i agree with your opinion on it :)
    dont think that's what i was thinking of though

16. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

There she is!
    Was wondering when Spicy would lend her educated and vastly experienced voice to this thread.
    Listen to Spicey Cat, she knows whereof she speaks probably more so then all the rest of the respondents combined when it comes to DMT.
    She is the DMT witch after all. :p

luvin' ya Spicey.:daisy:

17. deleted

deleted Visitor

jerry taking a nap.. lol.

18. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Here is the scene I was referring too, it's slightly different than what you said so perhaps you were referring to something else but same idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzrImMmrAW0&feature=related"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzrImMmrAW0&feature=related

:D

19. porkstock41

yeah, right after i posted, i started to think that maybe it WAS from waking life.

it was. thanks dude.

i dunno if it was that scene i was thinking of though. i think they touch on that topic again in the movie?

20. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Instead of "mushroom crack" i would use "tryptamine crack" but most people don't know what a tryptamine is, so the former term captures it nicely I think. The "crack" part just covers the fact that it's smoked, has a near instant onset, and lasts an incredibly short amount of time. In what way is DMT not "mushroom crack"? Aside from the obvious differences between the flavors of the DMT tryptamine experience and the 4-HO-DMT/etc tryptamine experience...