DMT and breathing difficulties

Discussion in 'DMT' started by osake, Jan 16, 2013.

1. osake

osake Member

When smoking DMT is it normal to feel like ur breathing a thick fluid rather than air then to feel like ur throat has been blocked entirely and that ur chocking?

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I don't know of the exact perception you are mentioning however it's not unheard of for breathing irregularities to occur on DMT, seems much more common with 5-meo-DMT.

3. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i recall it feeling like i couldn't quite catch my breath, or couldn't quite take a full breath, or maybe i thought i had to concentrate hard on my breathing.

but NOT like my throat had been blocked entirely. that doesn't sound good.

4. EyesOfTheWorld420

EyesOfTheWorld420 Member

This^^

i only notice trouble breathing on very heavy doses of N,N-dmt. but in my limited experience with 5-meo i can say that breathing was much more dificult than N,N

5. peacegrow

peacegrow Member

I remember one time having a huge hit of DMT and almost feeling like the wind was knocked out of me while coming up. It was a little scary gasping for air, but didn't last that long.

6. osake

osake Member

After redosing a couple of times with meditation and careful analysis of my breathing I've realized the breathing issues stem from me forgetting to breath. I realized when I come up I feel so relaxed and at peace that I simply see no need to breathe. My breathing keeps on slowing down until I stop breathing but by then I am so disconnected from my body the act of breathing consciously is very alien so for a second or two i'm not breathing till I remember how it's done or my body automatically starts breathing. As for the feeling like i'm breathing thick fluids that seems to be in my mind. As long as I enter the trip remembering to breath I find there are no chocking sensations, though that leads to a new question. Is it common on DMT to no longer feel the need to breathe? I've noticed I am perfectly fine with not breathing but if I don't I get a chocking sensation. Even after the experience for a few minutes I still wont feel the need to breathe so do so consciously. Is this normal of DMT?

7. largeamount

largeamount Senior Member

take some time to siginificantly slow your breathing before hand

8. EyesOfTheWorld420

EyesOfTheWorld420 Member

I honestly just try not to think about anything, even breathing. I just tell myself everything will be fine and my body will know what to do even if I'm not connected to it for a few mins.

9. peacegrow

peacegrow Member

This is the key. It's easy to get caught up in something, such as breathing, which can taint future DMT experiences. Just let it go.:)

10. Siknomore

Siknomore Newbie

I accidentally took a bigger hit then I wanted to take. The implement used was clogged so I asked that it be unclogged. After doing so I should have tested it to measure that it was free and clear. Because other times i used it was hard to hit so I assumed the same. When i took the hit I seen how much went in and was freaked out. Instantly i screamed at the top of my lungs that I cant breath. The person there with me grabbed my face and begged me to stop we were in a hotel room. I detached from my body and was free falling through fast moving multi colored lights. I seen many Aztec images and landed in another dimension. In this place was a sign that said THE END! I could hear many familiar voices trying to comfort me. And a ladies voice telling me this is the end of life no more pain and suffering. There were thousands of voices begging me to open the door under the sign and walk through it. When I do so all of mankind will no longer exist. That we are all it would take is for one person to be strong enough to walk out that door. And then nothingness. I tried to do it but the closer i got the more i could not breath. Then the lady said that it the end good-bye! I came to on my hands and knees i hand wet my pants and had one shoe on and one shoe on and felt over whelmed that i was still alive. For the rest of the day and night I felt shook and jumpy. But the following day I noticed I was behaving differently. Normally a miss know it all bossy bitch. That part of me was gone. I was told the ego walked out the door.

11. Ediction421

Ediction421 Member

Every time I trip with the DMT I have to remember to breathe. It is a bit difficult but normal I believe.