Disturbing Info Regarding My Ancestry

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by seamonster66, Jun 3, 2004.

1. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

My parents recently arrived back from Ireland, where they met some of my relatives. It seems two of my grandmothers first cousins were sent to prison for operating an IRA safehouse, complete with plastic explosives.

It's kind of funny that my parents had dinner with them, my parents say they are nice now, but I am ultimatley disappointed in these particular Irish relatives.

2. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

well at least it wasnt your folks, right?

3. seamonster66

It would have been hard for my parents to have operated an IRA safehouse considering they were born in New York and New Jersey, but yes, I'd prefer my IRA roots to be as distant as possible.

4. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

that would be difficult, but not impossible

5. seamonster66

that's true, i wouldn't allow them to operate an IRA safehouse though, I would ground them or send them to their room if they did something like that!

It kind of makes sense though, my grandma is a very patriotic American, who believes in isolationism, and these are her first cousins...I get the feeling they are younger than her though.

BTW amazing news-my grandma, who has never in her life voted for anyone who wasn't a conservative republican is voting for Kerry...along with the news that my republican brother in law is simply abstaining from voting because he doesn'tlike Bush...I predict a landslide for Kerry..seriously!