Dirty Rotten Police Interrogation Tricks.

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by Jimbee68, May 23, 2013.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

I think Mind Fuck! is the right place for this. But I will let you all decide for yourselves.

First off, Disclaimer: I am law-abiding, as I assume most or all of you are. That having been said...

First, where I first got this information. I have tell you of a wonderful book, I bought in 1997. It's called "The Court TV Cradle-to-Grave Legal Survival Guide" © 1995 American Lawyer Media, LP and Little, Brown and Co., Inc. , ISBN 0-316-03699-4 (hardcover), ISBN 0-316-03663-3 (paperback). This book is a treasure. As the title suggests, you can literally answer any legal question with it. It probably is out-of-print. But I'm sure you could get it used, if you shopped around a little.

Anyways, while perusing the book once, I came to the section on police interrogations. You know, the police don't have to read you your Miranda rights until they actually choose to interrogate you. Then anything, apparently, is fair game for them to do. Let me give you just one shocking example. The police will tell you they are preparing to make a plea deal with you (according to this book). All they need for you to do is to confess to the crime. The only thing is, this is bullshit. The police don't have the power to plea deal. Only the prosecution does! Disgusting, no? Also, I once heard on TV that they will sometimes tell you they talked to your friends and relatives, and they all ratted on you. Only thing is, they did no such thing! More disgusting, no? And of course even if you're perfectly innocent, they will still talk to you for hours unending, just to wear you down.

The best advice, if you should find yourself in this position, is ask for a lawyer. They can't do these awful things if you have one. Of course, with the courts getting more conservative by the day, this still may some day not be the case. But it couldn't hurt.

Anyone else have horror stories like the ones I just gave (personal or that you heard)?

:):):)

2. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Never gone through any of that thankfully, but if one were to find themselves in such a position, remember these phrases.
    "Am I being detained?"
    "Am I free to go?"
    "I'm not saying anything without my lawyer present."

3. death01

death01 Guest

i do not consent to a search

i will remain silent

4. BlueLightRain

BlueLightRain Member

I've been stopped a lot just walking home late at night and the more it happens, the more lip I give them. I work nights and sometimes walk home from the bakery. I really don't have much to lose right now.

5. morrow

morrow Visitor

Ha, uk police are mafia...the cases of miscarriages of justice here are on the increase, so much so, the government have capped the amount of compensation, and made it harder for you to claim it!
    They even get away with murder now!