Dirty Pretty Things - Waterloo to anywhere

Discussion in 'New Releases' started by Laura-the-flowergirl, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Laura-the-flowergirl

Laura-the-flowergirl Long haired child

It's released already a while ago, but I'd really like to hear your opinions on this band/cd. I love this band!

2. PlasticFace

PlasticFace Member

I quite like them. Not actually got the album myself but my friends play it alot. In my opinion not as good as The Libertines but better than Babyshambles.

3. RobGannon

RobGannon Member

DPT, i just don't know. I like the 'Shambles although in essence it is only really a demo, and I like DPT - solid album.

Libertines were good together and what you have is not unsurprisingly two reasonable but not outstanding albums as a result of the messy divorce.
    Shame DPT poached Didz from Cooper Temple though, there new stuff isn't much good as a result, and that pains me.

4. PlasticFace

PlasticFace Member

Seen Cooper Temple Clause a while back. Not sure if Didz was still in the band then. Wasn't very good. 3 out of 10.

5. RobGannon

RobGannon Member

first two coopers albums are great, 'see this through and leave' more raw, 'kick up the flames and let the fire break loose' not quite as good, a little more ecletic but still great.

new single 'damage' not very good, they seem insistant to go electro which is not good. and i suspect whether didz had have still been in the band or not, the results wouldn't be all that great. pity, i'll have to find a new favourite band.