Different types of music for yallz

Discussion in 'Music' started by grim_rebel, Jan 14, 2005.

1. grim_rebel

grim_rebel Member

Everyone here seems to like the old rock, nothin wrong with that I bump a lot of Eric Clapton, Johnny Cash, VAN MORRISON! Led Zeppelin, Queen, etc...

But here are a couple of other types that I like:

House:

Deep Dish
    Global Underground (which includes Deep Dish)
    James Lavelle (not that great)
    Nick Warren (AWESOME!)

Rap/Hip-hop

Jurassic 5 (really groovy, great stuff)
    Immortal Technique (the most amazing political rap, this guy will blow your mind away)
    Nas (The Illmatic cd is...well..Ill)
    2Pac (classic)
    Notorious BIG (classic)
    Big L (the original Gangsta, he'd whip 50)

Trance/Techno

Dj List (Russian (i live in russia))
    Paul Oakenfold
    Dj Tiesto
    Daft Punk (ain't really techno though)

yeah that's it, i was just tired of seeing the same kinds of music-type-threads

Oh and I like Enya too, she rocks. hehe :&

2. jen910

jen910 Senior Member

I like country music...no one here ever talks about country.

3. Voodoo child

Voodoo child Member

I love enya too - she does indeed rock.
    My musical preferance is goth metal - ie, Lacuna coil, nightwish,after forever,within temptation and loads more!
    I love Goth metal aswell as all the 70's rock and stuff.

peace and love
    xxxxxxx

4. aeshna5

aeshna5 Member

Love wide range in addition to rock- blues, soul reggae, some jazz (not too esoteric), country + some easy listening.

5. yamamamo

yamamamo Member

Im a fan of classic rock, blues, ska, classical, psychedelia, hip hop, jazz and country music. Grim Rebel, Immortal technique is a great rapper! I posted a thread about him a few months back but there were no replies. He's one of the very few modern day rappers I like. To those who don't like the sound of hip hop, you may enjoy his songs for the content. He's like Michael Moore or Michal Jones but he uses music instead of books and films. Peruvian Cocaine, The Cause Of Death, The 4th Branch and Internally Bleeding are songs worth checking out if you like the sound of him.

6. grim_rebel

grim_rebel Member

I like almost every song by him. Even his clubby non-political songs are good, his use of figurative language always gets a laugh or smile from me.

Big L on the other hand, is a straight gangsta. Imagine figurative language like Immortal Technique blended with the most vicious background.

7. redie*

redie* Member

i listen to almost everything. i would say that eric clapton is cool, but i listen to a tribe called quest or ben folds five. two different things :)

8. lemon714

lemon714 Member

lately i have been going on the archive and downloading a show a day from a band i have never heard of.... kindof like the word a day from the dictionary trick.
    works good, i got a lot of good shows that i other wise wouldnt have heard

9. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

Black metal is my thing, mostly. Classic bands like Bathory, Mayhem, Darkthrone, Immortal, Satyricon, Emperor... More polished & raging bands like Marduk, Naglfar, Dark Funeral... symphonic bands like Summoning, early Dimmu & Cradle, Ancient Rites... and many, many more.

Also doom metal (preferably symphonic doom with grunts and clean vocals) like My Dying Bride, Shape of Despair, Theatre of Tragedy, Doomshine, etcetera.

Death metal is slightly gaining in popularity with me, with bands like God Dethroned, Incantation, Hypocrisy, Vader...

Well actually I like everything except for most grindcore rap, r&b, hiphop and soul.

10. miami musician

miami musician Senior Member

^^^

too bad man... :eek:

11. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

If you were referring to me, I agree. I'd like to like the music I don't like, but at the moment am sadly incapable of liking it.

12. Sunny Afternoon

Sunny Afternoon Member

I don't do genres, but here's a list of SOME of the bands I like:

| Billy Talent | The Kinks | Queens Of The Stoneage | Hootie and the Blowfish | Reel Big Fish | Goldfinger | Elvis Costello | Tenacious D | Green Day | Muse | Red Hot Chili Peppers | Incubus | Good Charlotte | Atreyu | The Distillers | Matchbook Romance | Lars Frederiksen | Blindside | Rancid | Less Than Jake | Boy Sets Fire | Limp Bizkit | Tool | Justin Timberlake | Blur | Our Lady Peace | The Hives | Placebo | The Vines | The Offspring | Weezer | The Doors | NoFX | Cave In | Funeral For A Friend | Home Grown | The Starting Line | Smashmouth | Stroke 9 | Sum41 | Smile Empty Soul | Hot Hot Heat | The Psychedelic Furs | The Clash | The Killers | Rasputina | Dido | Maroon 5 |

I just copied this off my profile on another site.. I like a lot more than what is listed there though.

13. Voodoo child

Voodoo child Member

ive heard of most of the bands uve listed here. Have heard Darkthrone, Emperor ( mostly coz i listen to peccatum), satyricon, cradle of filth,dimmu borgir and theatre of tragedy.....theyre all really good :) I love theatre of tragedy, and Liv Kristine - i think shes great! Ive also heard of marduk and my dying bride, but i havent heard them.

peace and love
    xxxxxx

14. Dilapidated

Dilapidated Member

I have a pretty broad spectrum of music that I listen to (worded horribly but oh well) and I'm addicted to listening to music I've never heard before... actually at this moment I'm downloading stuff from a few of the bands you've all listed. I'm bad at genre-izing things but I reccommend Fischerspooner (electronica I guess) Morcheeba (trip hop?), Kompressor (industrial), Action Action (the label on the CD said "For fans of Depeche Mode, The Killers, Interpol"), and Sonata Arctica (I think it's "power metal" but I don't know).