Diet soda

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by Sylph ish, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Sylph ish

Sylph ish Member

Is anyone anti-diet soda? I am beginning to believe that maybe it does increase your craving for sugar. and i drink a loooot of diet coke.
    Did anyone ban diet soda from their diet (if you used to drink it regularly) and see that it produced any changes in your health?

2. imok

imok Member

please quit diet soda and all sodas. It's so nasty...

3. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

soda = liquid candy... even if it is "diet"

i never drink diet soda... but on occasion i will drink one regular soda.. but i treat it like a candy.

4. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i drink diet soda when i am on a diet

keeps me happy and from raiding the kitchen

5. Kanekoa76

Kanekoa76 Member

I heard that its actually dangerous.
    Idk though, I still drink it.

6. Sylph ish

Sylph ish Member

it supposedly sucks the calcium out of your bones

7. Tamee

Tamee naked

yucky

8. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

9. rambleON

rambleON Coup

why drink it? why even consider it? it is nutritionally absent and delinquent.

pretend it doesn't exist. you'll be completely better off.

10. haintpaints

haintpaints Member

It does make you crave sugar. Your mouth is tasting a sugary thing then when it gets to your system which is anticipating this, there isn't any and so now it wants what it thinks it was going to get.

11. DazedGypsy

DazedGypsy fire

I think it's all junk. I think I have like 3 sips of soda a year. haha

12. Stabby

Stabby Member

To all soda drinkers: what the hell is wrong with a fruit smoothie?

13. rambleON

rambleON Coup

to all people looking to get rid of belly fat; stop drinking soda.

14. Dorkotron

Dorkotron Member

I would stop, but I need the caffiene to avoid withdrawals.
    I'm thinking of trying to make a naturally caffeinated probiotic natural soda, sweetened with Stevia. That would be easy+awesome.

15. Stabby

Stabby Member

How about switching to a natural stimulant like ginseng or a greens supplement? You won't experience any withdrawals any will be much healthier.

16. Syn42

Syn42 Member

I gave up diet pepsi 3 months ago. It wasnt hard, and it was for health reasons. I replaced it with green tea and organic sugar. I have started drinking 1-2 cans of it a day (a big drop from how much I used to drink!) because I noticed weight gain replacing the diet pepsi with green tea/sugar. So for now I am going to concentrate on losing weight first while still eating veggies and fruits predominantly.

It is all perspective. Yes, aspartame is bad, but also the tests they did on aspartame they gave the mice the equivalent of 800 cans of diet pop a day. The animals got cancer and died. Surprising, with that amount of ANYTHING?

It is always better to live naturally, i will be giving up diet pepsi for good in about a years time.

17. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

I used to drink soda like once or twice a week when i was a kid. I slowley started drinking less and less because it felt more and more pointless. When i was like 15-16 i drank alot of mt dew cause thats like the best soda and i have always liked caffiene so thats like more than half of the reason i drank soda at that age. I still drink root beer sometimes (mabey once every 4-6 months) cause its refreshing and always liked it better than coke. I always wished root beer had caffiene. I had sasperilla when i was like 15 that was like legendary root beer. I want it again soo bad i only had like 10 or 20 cause it was at this summer camp. Mabey i can find it online or something. I would drink it like 3 times a week for a while if i get it.
    But yeah onto the topic, I have always thought of diet soda as beyond pointless. I took sips of it when i was little and it tasted like carbonated piss. So I have maintained that opinion and multiplied it when i found out its even worse for you than reg soda.

18. TheMagneticHeadache

TheMagneticHeadache Banned

Soda is terrible for the most part. Sometimes I'll have just a sip to make my stomach bubbly, but drinking whole cups of this shit is the worst idea ever. There's better ways to get caffeine, and the amount of sugar in soda is ridiculous. Diet soda just makes me laugh, what a funny concept.

19. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

Soda is disgusting.. really whats wrong with water? or even flavored water? stay away from the bubbly poison

20. metalgypsy

metalgypsy Member

I know it's not the healthiest, but I like my Diet Coke.