Didgeridoo

Discussion in 'Performing Arts' started by seaweedyness, May 30, 2006.

1. seaweedyness

seaweedyness Member

I posted this in the wrong forum before, so if this is your second time seeing it, my apologies.

I just bought a didgeridoo on Saturday, and I'm trying to teach myself how to play. Any tips from other didgeridoo players would be wonderful [​IMG]

I can already make the mouth motions and get a few different sounding basic drones. I read about circular breathing, but i can't seem to get it quite right. Does it take a long time to get it right?

2. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

They can install a tube between your lungs, so it goes down your neckhole, into one lung, over to the other and back out. Circular enough?

3. seaweedyness

seaweedyness Member

nope. i wants my own natural air-hole :)

4. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

Circular breathing takes practice, just keep trying until you get it right. It's not the easiest thing to do. You can also practice the technique with a glass of water and a straw. Put the straw in the water and blow bubbles. Do the circular breathing technique and try to blow the bubbles continuously without stopping. It is easier then learning it on a didj.