Didgeridoo

Discussion in 'Music' started by seaweedyness, May 30, 2006.

1. seaweedyness

seaweedyness Member

I just bought a didgeridoo on Saturday, and I'm trying to teach myself how to play. Any tips from other didgeridoo players would be wonderful :)

I can already make the mouth motions and get a few different sounding basic drones. I read about circular breathing, but i can't seem to get it quite right. Does it take a long time to get it right?

2. Bloody_Kisses

Bloody_Kisses Thizzler

It takes tons of practice :)

3. seaweedyness

seaweedyness Member

do you play?

4. stalk

stalk Banned

o those things are so trippy

5. seaweedyness

seaweedyness Member

i know :) mine has swirls in the wood all over, and has two big flowers painted on it

6. Ginger Ali

Ginger Ali Seeker

You'll be able to work out the breathing, just be patient! The didge will open up a whole new world for you if you put your mind to it - it's an instrument for unlimited expression. Enjoy the drone!

7. seaweedyness

seaweedyness Member

Thanks Ginge! droning is cool so far. i can also do some short barks and such now too :)

8. fuzz_acid_flowers

fuzz_acid_flowers Aqueou§ Transmi§§ion

i have no advise but i really want one:D

9. ah... i love the sound of a didge.. one of the last bands i saw had a didge in it.. he did a nice long solo... it was great...

10. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

my sis bought me a didge when she was in australlia, but i have no idea how to really play it either...i used to know how to, but i definitly need to learn how. especially circular breathing, i got no idea how to do that o_O

11. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Member

i have one of those. i've never really got into trying to play it. they are sweet though.

12. seaweedyness

seaweedyness Member

i like your signature ayahuasca :)

13. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Member

thanks. :) yours is pretty cute too :D

14. dreadlockswampy

dreadlockswampy Swampmiester

I play the didj quite well, been playing for about 5 years now, it took me about 6 months to do circuar breathing properly, but once you get it, it opens a hole new world to playing the didj. The longest Ive played it for is 2 Hrs none stop

Circular breathing is quite simple, You start by puffing your cheeks out hold your breath & squeeze the air out your mouth slowly making a raspberry noise & breath in thru your nose.

here are my 2 didj's
    [​IMG]