Did you ever have a crazy parent of a partner

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by unfocusedanakin, Feb 1, 2019.

1. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Yeah. My girl agrees that her mom is nuts. If she thought I was the crazy one for getting frustrated with her, then I'd definitely break up with her because that would mean she's crazy too. She's just a judgmental hypocritical old lady stuck in her ways. Some people you just can't be close to without getting poisoned by them.

2. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

As much as I can remember about them....I think the parents of girls/ladies I've dated have been fairly normal. I probably didn't meet some of them though.

As far as this nonsense of fathers trying to intimidate boys who date their daughters.....I think it makes them look insecure and like an ass. First of all, that boy happens to be someone else's child who you have no right to harm. These dads are 100% full of shit acting like they would hurt them for whatever perceived misdeed. It makes them look weak and insincere. I would never want to look that way in front of my daughter or anyone else for that matter.

I have one kid left at home and she is 15 years old. She's had a couple of boyfriends. I don't act like that because I respect my daughter and she knows I trust her to make good decisions. She may not always make the right decision but she knows she can come to us if she has a problem. I've told her for most of her life "You can choose to be with whoever you want but if that person doesn't treat you at least as good as I treat you and mom....they aren't worth your time or attention".

EloiseAtThePlaza and Meliai like this.
  3. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

My brother-in-law shot his step-daughter’s boyfriend last December. Boyfriend, who is a known gang member and two time convicted felon, showed up at his house drunk and started throwing punches, pulled out a knife, and charged at my BIL screaming he was going to kill him. He literally shot him in the dick. The bullet passed though a testicle and shattered his femur.

So yeah, happened at least once.

EDIT; The bullet didn’t so much pass through his testicle as it removed it. It’s gone.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I never got to meet my wife's parents. They had died in car accident a few years before I met her. They seem like wonderful people. She doesn't speak much of them at all, but when she does I feel like they would have been good people.

I know they were smart and successful with what they did. Without even ever knowing them or them knowing I even existed, they've actually paved my life somewhat as my wife took what she learned from them and applied it to our life too.

I hope they're smiling at us when they look down. :)

5. I am the crazy parent in the nicest possible way of course

rollingalong likes this.
  6. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

in an attempt to break us up my girlfriends father came to my house in the middle of the night and repossessed her car he had loaned her the money for....800 dollars lol......I had it in my wallet as I was doing well at the time and she paid it off that day.....he was not pleased ...made him hate me even more.....lol

she was worth it...best gf I ever had...so far :)

7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

One girl's parent was a highway patrolmen. He was a bit intimidating, but not only because he was a traffic cop. He was burly! And he had a "stay away from my daughter" going on.

Of course that was fair. I was into drugs at that time. Little did he know I was actively selling lsd at school during that relationship. She went to a different school though. Incidentally she was a Latter Day Saints girl, so perhaps he was strict for that reason.

rollingalong likes this.
  8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Damn! How many?

soulcompromise likes this.
  9. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Oops. Just one. EDIT: "highway patrol officer"

10. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Not exactly... But one girl had a father who I never met. And I heard nothing but stories of abuse and neglect about that guy. Sadly, I think he had a lot to do with how messed up she turned out to be.

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i think the implication of the stereotypical dad cleaning his gun is supposed to be "don't have premarital sex with my daughter," not "i have the ability to shoot your dick in self defense if you get fucked up and try to murder me."

12. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

Yeah, I know. I have a fairly large gun collection and a teenage daughter, so while I’d never pull out a gun to scare her boyfriend, I can sympathize with the joke. Every Dad wants to protect his little girl.

Ironically, the “have guns out” thing happened to me when I met my wife. I met her at her grandparent’s house. The first thing I noticed when I entered the house was a shotgun behind the front door. They lived in a bad area of Los Angeles so also had steel bars on the windows. It wasn’t there for me, but it got my attention.