Did you ever go up in the World Trade Center?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by peacefuljeffrey, Jan 29, 2005.

1. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

I'm pretty sure I did, when I was a little kid. My dad used to take me and my siblings into the City now and then (New York City -- "The City"). I remember going into some tall, touristy building, and I'm pretty sure it was not the Empire State Building, which leaves only one other real choice.

My dad lost his wallet that day, I remember. We ended up going back to his office in Brooklyn -- it was the first time I remember ever going there. I remember being kind of just...confused. It was like, here we are at...this place. It's some sort of business office... and I have no idea what it's for or why we're here. Later on, I found out that it must have been my dad's office that we went to. I think he called the police or something to report the wallet lost or stolen. I'll have to ask him what he remembers about that day. Strange how some memories are really just these little fragments. I also remember him taking us to all kinds of cool museums when I was a kid. We went to the Museum of Natural History at least several times, and we also used to go to the Smithsonian and the National Air and Space Museum (my favorite) whenever we'd go visit my grandmother near D.C.

MAN, my parents were cool, involved parents! We also went on the Maid of the Mist at Niagara Falls! I remember vaguely asking my dad, (musta asked him over and over) if he would jump in and save me if I fell overboard. Can you tell where my head was at? I was verrry afraid of somehow winding up in that water! :p LOL! I love looking back on this stuff, and then thinking of how adults must have viewed my little child-like thought processes and fears and observations... :)

-Jeffrey

2. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

No, l've had a sheltered life, only went to New Zealand and Tasmania when l was a brat... I don't like to fly to far.

3. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

not in it, I layed between em and took pictures straight up . I did go to the top of the empire state building and the sears tower though.

4. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

NO ......but i once shot a man .....because he asked stupid questions

5. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

is that plug double fisting that other plug?

6. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

:rolleyes:

7. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

i dont know. i might have but i think it was the empire state building.

8. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

My 2 youngest kids & I went thru NYC on the greyhound bus about a month before they got destroyed. When the news was on TV and showing the planes hitting it the kids remembered seeing them. The kids were 6 and almost 4 yrs old at the time.

9. kjhippielove88

kjhippielove88 color + rhyme

i went in and it was awesome. i still have pictures and this little souvenir that i got at this little gift store inside. i remember there was this huge elevator and it took us up to the 117 floor or something like that..and it only took a few seconds it seemed like. i also remember going on the roof and looking down on the city below. life seemed so small from way up there. lol there was this couple who could barely speak english and they asked me to take a picture of them on the rooftop and i guess i took the picture wrong and they started yelling at me in another language. i had to laugh

10. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i've been to NYC twice, and both times were after the WTC fell. so no, i've never went up into the WTC.

11. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Yes, still got pictures and shite... been there twice.

12. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I've been there several times. I went to the very top of one of them, where there was an observation deck.

13. prism

prism :o